Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Elite TV - OSG (On Screen Graphics)

mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Elite TV - OSG (On Screen Graphics)
Just a few minutes ago, Rachel was interrupted by a new OSG/ad that replaced the screen for ten seconds. Granted, it was only ten seconds, but I thought Elite was better than this! It's not as if copying Babestation's interruptions is going to improve their company, so I hope we don't see much of this in the future.

It could be a positive thing for them though, in that they can cut to the advert for however long, when the crew and women are releasing some tension, and therefore it will look less suspicious than going to the logo instead!

BounceBig LaughlaughWinkshocked
30-12-2011 01:00
Find all posts by this user
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

I'll assume you mean the 30 second ads that pop up to advertise chat, texts, pics & vids. Those have been going for a few weeks now. Sad And with all the extra boxes they have now, I don't suppose it will be long before there are more OSG than picture. When that happens, they might as well call themselves Babestation 2. Rolleyes

And as for the "Elite Nights" logo fading in. It still does, even during the day sometimes. Which is weird. bladewave

Elite don't seem to be bothered about what the production looks like any longer. It's all about maximizing it's profits.
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 01:58 by aceman65.)
30-12-2011 01:49
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

i personally dont mind the new 30 sec adverts as elite dont do them all the time, just every so often which doesnt bother me, if they did them with the frequency bs do then i would be.

elite still has way better osg's as they dont get in the way of the babes when compared to bs and elite dont have mic girls interrupting every 2 mins Smile

Piper Niven Superfan
30-12-2011 02:07
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

Last night Elite moved 1 step nearer to snatching Babestations crown for having the most intrusive and annoying OSG's and adverts of the babe channels , i went out last night and when i came in i switched on my freeview only tv , i had a flick through the babe channels and came across Dionne Daniels on Elite freeview Ch 192 , i don't know when this started but another extra square box OSG was on screen , So now Elite has got quite large regular bottom of the screen OSG's , adverts interrupting the girls and 2 extra square box OSG's running down the side of the screen , i thought the 1 extra square box OSG was bad enough , but now they have added another 1 , watching Elite on freeview is getting to be more and more like watching a adult version QVC annoyed

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 12:58 by mr mystery.)
01-01-2012 12:26
stueyboy Offline
Posting Machine

Sad RE: Elite TV - OSG (On Screen Graphics)
I think there are 2 major problems with the OSGs.

Firstly the size of them - Elite's graphics do often get in the way. The graphics in the bottom part of the screen cover at least one quarter of the entire screen.

Even during the dayshows when the girls lay down, sometimes the side of the body they are laying on will be partially hidden behind the graphics - this happens more with Alice Goodwin than with the others, not sure why!
And when they sit or stand then a lot of their body will be hidden behind the OSGs Sad

The second problem is cameramen who do not adjust their shot to account for these graphics - maybe they are just guessing where the graphics are or they are doing camerawork based on there being no graphics at all?

If you watch tonight I bet you there'll be a good example:

Lily Roma sitting on one of the sofas - at some point she'll turn around and kneel on the sofa - her face in the top bit of the screen, her arse in the middle bit and her long legs and six inch heels in the bottom part of the screen - her legs and heels will be mainly hidden behind the OSGs bladewave

Elite must pay a lot of money for the rights to broadcast on 4 sky channels, so why can't they get cameramen who are aware of the graphics issue, zoom out more, and maybe look at making their graphics smaller?

Comparing Elite's graphics to another channels' ignores the point that they still get in the way - if you look at it like this, if two people were late for work, one 25 mins late and the other 35 mins late, they are both still late for work!! Sad
12-01-2012 21:01
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

^^^^ Problem is, Elite TV doesn't honestly give a stuff what anyone on here thinks, hence the reason why their lighting/camera work/ OSGs have been like this for ages.
12-01-2012 21:14
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(12-01-2012 21:14 )Chilly Wrote:  ^^^^ Problem is, Elite TV doesn't honestly give a stuff what anyone on here thinks, hence the reason why their lighting/camera work/ OSGs have been like this for ages.

I think Jamie does care, as he's answered questions and more. If they think having an OSG and bright lighting is helping their business, then they aren't going to change it because some of us don't like it.
12-01-2012 23:10
Pyro Offline
Posting Machine

Not sure about the new OSG'S that Elite are are doing (Moving graphics on the bottom right corner)?! But whats really cheesing me off is that all three OSG's are advertising the same bloody thingannoyed it's so distractingannoyed At least remove the OSG on the top right cornerannoyed

"Defeat is a common fate of a soldier. There is nothing to be ashamed of in it. The great point is whether we have performed our duty"

(Marshal-Admiral Marquis Tōgō Heihachirō)
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 23:26 by Pyro.)
19-01-2012 23:25
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

Yeah!!! I was just looking at them myself and wondering where I've seen this before. bladewave Then I suddenly realised that they are almost a clone of the new one's BabeStation came up with. Surprised

I quite like the annimated one's in the bottom right though. Wink And at least these one's are semi-transparent. Smile
19-01-2012 23:34
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

not bad the new osg's like the comic book look to some of them

Piper Niven Superfan
20-01-2012 00:48
Thread Closed