GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average

Attention all show producers!

Wazo Away
Mr Daniels

RE: Attention all show producers!
(07-12-2009 11:42 )StanTheMan Wrote:  So that's your only evidence that "this is what has been happening", is it?

As far as I'm aware, complaints about specific occurrance are quite thin on the ground. If this forum had hoards of killjoys scouring for ammunition, Ofcom would have been flooded with complaints about every slip and flash of daytime knicker, not to mention a particular scene involving a stick-based sweet and Jemma's pussy... which to my knowledge hasn't been complained about so far. Do you honestly think any complainers that might be lurking here would have let that one go?

Thats the thing Stan they dont even have to be lurking you can actually see all that registered members can see by not even registering apart from the fanzones which doesn't help in my book.I think it would help if non registered people could only see a you are not registered page but then that is just part of the problem that ppl can technically not be a member an just browse all the caps an vids.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2009 12:54 by Wazo.)
07-12-2009 12:53
Find all posts by this user
admin. Offline
Administrator

(07-12-2009 11:42 )StanTheMan Wrote:  If this forum had hoards of killjoys scouring for ammunition, Ofcom would have been flooded with complaints

As always, you're not bright enough to grasp the point. It doesn't take hoards of killjoys to register a complaint, it only needs one. And complaints have for a fact been registered using material taken from this forum as evidence.
07-12-2009 13:16
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(07-12-2009 13:16 )admin Wrote:  
(07-12-2009 11:42 )StanTheMan Wrote:  If this forum had hoards of killjoys scouring for ammunition, Ofcom would have been flooded with complaints

As always, you're not bright enough to grasp the point. It doesn't take hoards of killjoys to register a complaint, it only needs one.

So, these 'complainers' then? They're all one big gang, working together and intent on bringing down the babeshows, are they? Well I'm guessing that's your theory as you seem to be under the impression that they have a spokesperson who comes here and is responsible for lodging the complaint. Because, of course, the complaint wouldn't carry any more weight if 100 people made it, as oppose to this 'one' you refer to, would it?

Tell you what, admin. You're obviously the brightest one around here, as you seem to take great delight in telling others how stupid they are, why don't you post, let's say, two dozen links to these complaints Ofcom have recieved, so we thicker ones can better understand and appreciate your point?
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2009 14:11 by StanTheMan.)
07-12-2009 14:05
fatsoburger999 Offline
I'm sexy

the only way to settle this argument is for ofcom to relax the rules.

Likes: sheer black stockings, c thru panties, micro g-strings, long hair,
Dislikes: short hair, big panties,

Fav Babes: Amanda, Emily, Anna, Bailey, Makara, Lucy,Stevie,Tiffany,
Hazel, Juliet(ex bangbabes), Cindy Behr, Chelsea, Caty Cole,Sydny JJ
07-12-2009 14:58
Digital Dave Away
Retired

1. Are complaints to Ofcom publicly accessible as soon as they're made? If not, how does admin know that complaints have been made and furthermore, how does he know that this forum was used as proof of the offending incidents?

2. I would think complaints made on the basis of clips on this forum would be highly dubious anyway. It's bad enough that people trawl the 900 channels at 3am looking for something to be offended about, but at least they will have watched the transmission.

To come on to a forum which has been set up specifically to discuss the babe channels, go to the trouble of downloading clips from Rapidshare, watch them and then complain on that basis is laughable and I think would carry far less weight than a complaint based on watching the live transmission. Indeed, it could be classed as a vexatious complaint.

3. If the complainer has seen something live that they didn't like all they have to do is to tell Ofcom the channel and approximate time. Ofcom will then take the appropriate action. There is no need to use this forum as a source of proof. This point has already been made on another thread but it needs reiterating.
07-12-2009 15:43
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

Seems overkill if all this hassle can be brought by one complaintSad
07-12-2009 15:51
m100 Away
Banned

(07-12-2009 13:16 )admin Wrote:  

As always, you're not bright enough to grasp the point. It doesn't take hoards of killjoys to register a complaint, it only needs one. And complaints have for a fact been registered using material taken from this forum as evidence.

Doesn't the complaint have to be upheld then? Or can I complain to ofcom that I find David Cameron offensive and get him banned?

In the end it's all a game - the last thing the regulators want is for the industry they are regulating to behave itself then they'd have to go and find a proper job instead of, in the case of ofcom, finding all these naked women deeply offensive as they wank off while doing the research in a very posh central london office and £xxx,000 per year in the bank account - thank you Mr and Mrs taxpayer aka 'annoyed of Surbiton'.

would all those wishing to take part in today's round of multiple username bingo please note emails must be submitted before 5pm
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2009 17:59 by m100.)
07-12-2009 17:30
MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

Hasn't it long been the case that Ofcom seem to take more notice of one complaint aginst the babe channels than they do about far more complaints made against more mainstream shows?

I can't really remember any of their cases against any of the channels being brought about by more than one complaint. In fact, I'm almost incredulous at some of the complaints they act upon with someone deeply offended sitting there for more than half an hour or more logging stuff they are supposedly totally disgusted by. With these channels Ofcom seem to act in cases where individuals are watching purely to be offended and that's just total bollocks in all fairness. What really should be said by Ofcom is these people have an off button so go and use the thing. Instead, they pander to people arguing that someone stumbling across the content may be offended by what they see.

I also think it's fair to say that the producers aren't going to ask for this action to be taken without very good reason for doing so. There was a smaller forum than this in existence a year or two ago and I know the admins on there strongly suspected that Ofcom were regularly looking in to check for evidence that could be used against the channels. So much so, that they even created a special section which only trusted people were allowed access to, which discussed any slips or boundaries being pushed.

And whilst it's fair to say the channels should be looking to take Ofcom on a bit more, I think it's also fair to say that we as viewers don't really do enough to get our points across either. How many people have responded to the Ofcom consultation re classification of these channels for example? A consultation that in fact may be practically worthless due to the viewers of the channels seeming to be largely unaware of the consultation regarding sexual content that now seems to have already closed.

It's got to the stage where I think a concerted campaign should be put together by people on here to get these faceless idiots at Ofcom to answer some very pertinent questions.
07-12-2009 19:46
Nigma Away
Master Poster

Posting slips has always been hostile territory. If it's not the risk of giving ammo to Ofcom and the complaint lodgers, then it's the chance of a girl taking offense, white knights getting offended on her behalf, or a channel getting overly militant in controlling content.

With regard to ofcom and the complainers, the primary problem is one of easy access. There are no viewing restrictions for unregistered members so even someone with a passing hankerin' for a bit o' complainin' can stumble on the forum, click straight in and see whatever has been posted - even if it's not what they were originally looking for.

From experience I've found a significant proportion (not all) of those who would complain are unwilling to go to any real effort to find something if they aren't certain the effort will pay off and they'll find what they want/need. In other cases the morals (however misplaced) which prompt their outrage and complaints also prohibit them from actually joining or signing up for (and thus being associated with) something related to that which offends them, even if it's the only way they can get the material(s) they're after. Basically, a few hoops go a long way to deterring your casual or spur of the moment troublemakers.

A simple enough solution would be a specific section requiring user membership access, only open to users who meet a few minor criteria (e.g. min 20 posts, member for 1 month+). Granted it may seem a tad unfair to the newbs, but it discourages spur of the moment duff account sign-ups and actually has the benefit of encouraging people to get involved (unlike the current situation where people have no incentive and as a result we have about 100 regular and active posters and 20,000 or so sitting idle). Sure, the determined complainers in waiting will always manage to get through, but it would significantly reduce the number able to abuse such postings and limit awareness (particularily immediate awareness) of such cap-worthy events having occurred.

On the other hand, given the current free-access to all position, I'd suggest a slight change of tack for anyone wishing to post slips: Put 'em in a password protected zip or on a file host which offers password protection and put your password in your Bio under your user account (or only give it out to those you trust). As far as I'm aware (?) user account details are currently inaccessible to unregistered users, thus your uploads would only be accessible to members as they're the only one able to view the pass in your Bio. Elegant - No, foolproof - no, but it is a possible option for those looking to tackle the issue and take a little pre-emptive action of their own.

That aside, Bluearmy your thread was great and the caps most enjoyed and much appreciated. Thanks for your efforts (and of course, those of the other contributors).
07-12-2009 20:33
perana68 Offline
Master Poster

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the "complainers" were competitor babe channels trying to get their rivals fined
07-12-2009 21:19
Thread Closed 

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles