Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average

Babestation : Freeview vs Sky

Josh Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Freeview vs Sky moaning thread
Why dont BS just stream all 3 shows online with preferably no OSG? They can all be within one player with tabs (Will not happen btw), as Bang Media and Elite have no issue providing this service. It may even stop some of the moaning in this thread? I do understand that it's not the same as watching on TV, but its better then the current setup.

Babestation may have been in business for 8 years but you have to move along with the times. The web stream looks very tacky with the overlay, all 3 night channels have different OSG that are too big. Although PL has changed of late so it is a slight improvement. Then there is the excessive BSXtreme ads throughout the fv show. BS1 is almost un-watchable at times with the constant ads. Its full screen, then half screen ads, then within the blackbox, voiceovers etc.... I would watch the channels on Sky to get away from the ads, but the quality of BSXtra is poor compared to the other 2 channels. Then there is the problem of choice on Sky. At the moment, how can any neutral viewer not watch Elite TV over BS? For that reason, I tend to record during FV hours unless there is something of interest. I have no issue with promoting BSXtreme, just wish it was in moderation and at changeovers. Miss less of the action then.

As for the shows themselves, the solo sets are as good as the other channels, 2-4-1's are a bit hit and miss and I dont have a problem with the strength of the shows at any time. (Understands the restrictions placed on FV times pre 12am and on PL) Being naked is not a deal breaker for me and I do like most of the girls on the BS roster. My annoyance is at the technical side of the shows. Will things be improved, I very much doubt it. One can hope though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2010 01:33 by Josh.)
09-07-2010 01:13
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

Phew! I have some catching up to do. Sorry - this is going to be one of my marathons! Blush

(08-07-2010 17:44 )babestation Wrote:  we'd all like to see a full strength show on freeview, but i've explained the reasoning behind why you're not at the moment

That's exactly what you have NOT done! You have given no reason why you believe the content you show in Sky-only transmission time would be unacceptable on Freeview, and in truth to any logical mind there is no reason why it should be, because the end result is the same - a picture displayed on a tv screen. How it got there should be irrelevant. Even if you did do something the regulator (whoever it is) disapproved of I don't believe any channel has been thrown off the air, or even fined, for a first offence. Thereafter you would know where to draw the line. In fact, pushing hard and waiting to get your knuckles rapped is the ONLY way you will ever discover where the line is.

(08-07-2010 17:44 )babestation Wrote:  you do realise you are receiving the same feeds as Sky on Freeview. It is the same studio output, just with different graphics. Sky 906 is shown on Freeview 96 for the hour, before continuing on 94 when BS Xtreme kicks in at 12am. The only difference is where partyland finishes at 1am on freeview and carries on on Sky etc. We buy airtime off other channels to facilitate us being on freeview, and therefore have to fit in with what they want their license being used for

Of course I know that the Sky and Freeview feeds are the same during Freeview transmission time (at least I believe them to be as far as the girls' performances are concerned, but we all know they aren't as regards adverts and promos). I'm talking about the content you show on Sky outside of Freeview hours, which is much stronger as you have already admitted and as we can see for ourselves on the web stream and in a few posted videos. (Btw, you have your facts back to front regarding Partyland. It's a full strength show on Sky until 1:00am; then it carries on at an ultra-tame level on both platforms until 5:30am. As Freeview Partyland is licensed to Five TV the stricter rules are presumably down to them, so we can leave Ch 97 out of this discussion. This isn't a moan, just putting the facts right for anyone who might be confused.)

(08-07-2010 20:49 )TheWatcher Wrote:  At least there won't be so much to argue about after 1st September, when there will be nothing before midnight on Freeview anyway.

If that measure does eventually go through I don't see how anything would change. BS would presumably continue showing stronger material on Sky pre-Freeview just as they do now.

(08-07-2010 20:55 )sm© Wrote:  Moan threads piss me off, if I could get away from them I would....

Sad Sorry sm©, but I have to get this off my chest. I HATE unjustified discrimination, wherever it happens, whoever is the victim, however trivial it might seem and whatever lame excuse is given for it. It pisses me off even more when I'm one of the victims.

Just to clarify: whatever comments I might make about individual aspects of programme content, it's the DISCRIMINATION that I object to - nothing else. If Freeview got the same standard of content as Sky I wouldn't have a complaint, however weak or strong it might be.

(08-07-2010 20:55 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  My understanding is that regardless of where any channel/company is licensed, if they want to broadcast officially on UK platforms like Sky & Freeview, then they are subject to OFCOM, BBFC, and if you're offering premium rate services, PhonepayPlus (ICSTIS) regulations.

There's uncertainty here. If they are subject to Ofcom, by what rules does Ofcom regulate them, considering that Ofcom itself has said they are not subject to its Broadcasting Code? (BS's relationship with Ofcom over this has been described to me as a "grey area".)

(08-07-2010 22:51 )babestation Wrote:  
(08-07-2010 19:44 )Big Boobies Wrote:  Yes we all realise that Sky and Freeview feeds are the same apart from the graphics (MUCH TOO BIG ON BS1 FREEVIEW!!!) but what we Freeviewers are really annoyed about is that on all the shows (even Partyland!) before Freeview starts and often JUST after 10.00pm girls;Camilla,Jada,Michelle...are often completely naked and yet we have to wait until midnight on Freeview! As has been said the rules are the same for every tv channel (Sky or Freeview) so why are Freeview being deprived from the Sky levels of show again;its just like the "bad old days" again which I (we) thought had gone at last! Certainly the Freeview shows have improved BUT are variable from day to day and show to show! WHY?? I think we deserve some answers please!

i don't know how i can say it in any other way to be honest

we are lucky to be on freeview, we aren't going to jeopardise our position on freeview, therefore sky may have slightly stronger content on the hours outside of freeview viewing

Don't want to labour the point too much, but you're still not saying WHY you think your Freeview position could be jeopardised by this material, or explained the baffling huge variations in Freeview content strength. How can some of these things be a potential threat to your position in one month but no problem the next and then a problem again the following month? Or even how the potential threat can vary from night to night?

(08-07-2010 22:51 )babestation Wrote:  crazy thought, if it bothers you THAT much, you can get sky for less than £20 a month now Tongue

See below.

(08-07-2010 23:28 )Freebird Wrote:  babestation, just to confirm, does ofcoms 'genius idea' also apply to sky viewers ? or do the brains at ofcom feel their rationale applys only to those that have freeview ?

It's only Freeview.

(08-07-2010 23:15 )babestation Wrote:  unfortunately ofcom have decided that adults that go to bed before 12am don't want to see babes, and are trying to push through a plan which will mean babe shows wont be allowed to start until 12am on freeview Surprised

maybe people will start to realise why we do what we do, there is a reason for everything Smile

That change is being made in the Broadcasting Code, which Ofcom says your Freeview channels are not subject to. So how does that leave your position?

(08-07-2010 23:39 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(08-07-2010 22:51 )babestation Wrote:  crazy thought, if it bothers you THAT much, you can get sky for less than £20 a month now Tongue

There are lots of reasons why people do not have and cannot get Sky that has nothing to do with how much it will cost , i myself cannot get a signal from a dish fastened to my house because of the proximity of trees that have a protection order on them , so i have my dish quite a distance from my house and bolted to the ground in a near by field , being a farmer i have the land that enables me to do this other people are not so lucky .

My problem is also trees but unlike mr mystery I can do nothing about it.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2010 06:24 by vila.)
09-07-2010 04:55
Find all posts by this user
babestation Offline
Since 2002

vila, i'm not going to go round in circles with you.. i seem to remember having to do that regarding babestation xtreme too!

i've explained our reasoning, it's up to you whether you accept them or not Smile

http://www.babestationcams.com - Your favourite Babestation girls in hot daily cam shows!
http://www.babestation.tv - 180+ Girls, 50,000+ Pictures, 200+ Videos

Connect with Babestation! Twitter | Instagram
09-07-2010 10:26
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(09-07-2010 04:55 )vila Wrote:  Just to clarify: whatever comments I might make about individual aspects of programme content, it's the DISCRIMINATION that I object to - nothing else. If Freeview got the same standard of content as Sky I wouldn't have a complaint, however weak or strong it might be.

(08-07-2010 20:55 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  My understanding is that regardless of where any channel/company is licensed, if they want to broadcast officially on UK platforms like Sky & Freeview, then they are subject to OFCOM, BBFC, and if you're offering premium rate services, PhonepayPlus (ICSTIS) regulations.

There's uncertainty here. If they are subject to Ofcom, by what rules does Ofcom regulate them, considering that Ofcom itself has said they are not subject to its Broadcasting Code? (BS's relationship with Ofcom over this has been described to me as a "grey area".)

There are often grey areas and loopholes with the law and regulations, but you have to be sure before challenging them...

When Bookmakers in the racing industry moved to offshore locations, to avoid "stealth taxes" from the Government, they had certain issues to deal with as a consequence for being licensed offshore. For example, advertising their offshore services in the UK was restricted at the time...

In this case, Cellcast are broadcasting officially to Sky & Freeview and targeting UK viewers/customers with their premium rate services... This will put them under UK jurisdiction, so OFCOM and PhonepayPlus regulations will apply regardless of where they are licensed. There might be other benefits for them being licensed offshore though...

As far as discrimination towards Freeview is concerned, the main discrimination towards these channels on Freeview comes from OFCOM and the general public. Cellcast had Party Girls exclusive to Freeview and BSXtreme is currently exclusive to Freeview as well, so there is no bias towards Sky from Cellcast's point of view. They are the main players on Freeview. The content won't exactly be a massive difference under the current rules & regulations for free-to-air channels either.

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2010 20:58 by Winston Wolfe.)
09-07-2010 20:57
Rogerbee Offline
Gone

Hey, nice work!

You clear up 'The Bonnie Situation' and you make sense of this, that's cool!

CHEERS!
09-07-2010 21:00
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

(08-07-2010 23:28 )Freebird Wrote:  babestation, just to confirm, does ofcoms 'genius idea' also apply to sky viewers ? or do the brains at ofcom feel their rationale applys only to those that have freeview ?

Ofcon proposed banning babe channels from Freeview altogether; their compromise appears to be a secondary watershed of 00.00, so, yes, it only applies to FV – The broadcasters have been discriminating against FV, so why shouldn’t Ofcon join in with the ‘fun’? Sad
09-07-2010 23:36
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(09-07-2010 20:57 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  This will put them under UK jurisdiction, so OFCOM and PhonepayPlus regulations will apply regardless of where they are licensed.

So why has Ofcom specifically and categorically stated that Cellcast's Freeview channels (except Ch 97 PL, which is licensed to Channel Five) are NOT subject to its Broadcasting Code as a result of being licensed in Holland?
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2010 04:55 by vila.)
10-07-2010 04:52
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(09-07-2010 10:26 )babestation Wrote:  vila, i'm not going to go round in circles with you.. i seem to remember having to do that regarding babestation xtreme too!

i've explained our reasoning, it's up to you whether you accept them or not Smile

We didn't go round in circles re Xtreme - you gave conflicting definitions of the nightly charge, which confused many others besides me. Anyway, that's all done and dusted - apart from a reply to the question you said you had put to your scheduling department, to which I'm still awaiting a reply.

As I said above, you have not explained your reasoning, you've simply said you don't want to jeopardise your situation. It's the reasoning that leads you to believe that broadcasting the Sky-standard material on Freeview might jeopardise your situation that I'm asking for, but you don't give a reply.

I've asked above (as has BigBoobies) why that supposed threat appears to fluctuate from one month to another, or even from one night to another - I thought last night (Thursday) was very good, as you'll see from my review.

I've also asked how you are affected by Ofcom's statement that your channels (except 97) are not subject to the Broadcasting Code.

Neither of those questions constitutes going round in circles but, just as in the Xtreme thread, as soon as someone asks pertinent questions that try to get to the root of things you stop answering.

If you are unwilling to reply there's not much more I can say, but don't try to blame me for it.
10-07-2010 06:05
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(10-07-2010 04:52 )vila Wrote:  
(09-07-2010 20:57 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  This will put them under UK jurisdiction, so OFCOM and PhonepayPlus regulations will apply regardless of where they are licensed.

So why has Ofcom specifically and categorically stated that Cellcast's Freeview channels (except Ch 97 PL, which is licensed to Channel Five) are NOT subject to its Broadcasting Code as a result of being licensed in Holland?

I've explained my understanding of the situation, vila.

If you want OFCOM to clarify anything they've previously stated, then you'll have to ask them... Bear in mind that OFCOM are basically Government lackeys, and in most cases are completely clueless!

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
11-07-2010 18:06
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(11-07-2010 18:06 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  and in most cases are completely clueless!

You only need read one of their Bulletins to figure that! Wink

Not sure about Government lackeys though. HMG don't seem to be too sure of their own position The PM has declared his inention to drastically reduce their power, but one of his junior ministers has apparently said that they're "independent of Government". Huh

Make of that what you will.
11-07-2010 18:16
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV