Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average

Texting the shows on PAYG

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Texting the shows on PAYG
(02-11-2009 19:44 )scope Wrote:  oh shoot looks like thats will be haperning to me soon iv been doing the same cus im with 02 i get free txts so i thought i might txt a show when i checked my cred it only took 10p not free but still good so i kept txting

When you were texting, scope, did you have less that £1.50 credit on your phone. I get fre texts too, but not to premium rate numbers.
02-11-2009 21:53
Find all posts by this user
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Texting the shows on PAYG
I sometimes get that if I have less than 1.60(as it charges 10p per text as well as the £1.50) and I get the 10p text charge taken off but not the £1.50 and so I have to write down what is still be taken off when I next top up and therefore what my balance should be.

(02-11-2009 18:19 )StanTheMan Wrote:  This is not so much an exposè on dodgy practices, more an admittance of my own stupidity, and maybe a warning to others (who are equally stupid)

Yesterday afternoon I did something I vowed I'd never do; I texted in to one of the babeshows. I knew I was low on credit and would have to top up soon anyway, so decided to spend what I had left on a text. When I checked my balance, however, I saw that I only had £1.09 left (not enough to cover the £1.50 charge) but decided to go ahead anyway to see what happened. To my surprise the text was received and the girl on screen performed my request. I then received a text from the channel warning me of the £1.50 per message received charge, but when I checked my balance it was down to 0.97p and I had only been charged my network's standard charge of 0.12p

Thinking I'd discovered some kind of loophole I continued to text the show (being charged just 0.12p each time) until I was out of funds and could send no more. It was great, I was getting these girls to perform for me and it was only costing me a standard text each time. Also, I didn't receive any more 'cost warning' texts from the channel.

What I did fail to realise, however, is that when I topped up my phone this morning with a £10.00 voucher, I would be hit for all those texts I'd sent yesterday when I had insufficent funds to cover the charge. My credit went from £10:01 to £1:01 within twenty minutes of topping up.

[Image: homer-simpson-doh.jpg]
03-11-2009 04:11
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed