Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average

Texting the shows on PAYG

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Texting the shows on PAYG
This is not so much an exposè on dodgy practices, more an admittance of my own stupidity, and maybe a warning to others (who are equally stupid)

Yesterday afternoon I did something I vowed I'd never do; I texted in to one of the babeshows. I knew I was low on credit and would have to top up soon anyway, so decided to spend what I had left on a text. When I checked my balance, however, I saw that I only had £1.09 left (not enough to cover the £1.50 charge) but decided to go ahead anyway to see what happened. To my surprise the text was received and the girl on screen performed my request. I then received a text from the channel warning me of the £1.50 per message received charge, but when I checked my balance it was down to 0.97p and I had only been charged my network's standard charge of 0.12p

Thinking I'd discovered some kind of loophole I continued to text the show (being charged just 0.12p each time) until I was out of funds and could send no more. It was great, I was getting these girls to perform for me and it was only costing me a standard text each time. Also, I didn't receive any more 'cost warning' texts from the channel.

What I did fail to realise, however, is that when I topped up my phone this morning with a £10.00 voucher, I would be hit for all those texts I'd sent yesterday when I had insufficent funds to cover the charge. My credit went from £10:01 to £1:01 within twenty minutes of topping up.

[Image: homer-simpson-doh.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 18:26 by StanTheMan.)
02-11-2009 18:19
Find all posts by this user
jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

RE: Texting the shows on PAYG
Hmmm, that's pretty cool if you think about it though. You could register a new sim card as some random bloke, run down the credit then do the trick and throw it away, then start again! They would have no hope in getting the money then, as you won't be topping it up again!

"Insert funny comment here"
02-11-2009 18:29
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(02-11-2009 18:29 )jungleboy Wrote:  Hmmm, that's pretty cool if you think about it though. You could register a new sim card as some random bloke, run down the credit then do the trick and throw it away, then start again! They would have no hope in getting the money then, as you won't be topping it up again!

Your theory's sound, but you'd need an endless supply of sim cards... and who has that?
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 18:34 by StanTheMan.)
02-11-2009 18:32
jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

(02-11-2009 18:32 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(02-11-2009 18:29 )jungleboy Wrote:  Hmmm, that's pretty cool if you think about it though. You could register a new sim card as some random bloke, run down the credit then do the trick and throw it away, then start again! They would have no hope in getting the money then, as you won't be topping it up again!

That's fine if you have an endless supply of sim cards, but who does?

The fuckers are giving them away for fun lol! If you notice on some websites, they will have a form as an ad and you fill it in, and they are willing to let you have 4 at a time!

02-11-2009 18:34
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(02-11-2009 18:34 )jungleboy Wrote:  

The fuckers are giving them away for fun lol! If you notice on some websites, they will have a form as an ad and you fill it in, and they are willing to let you have 4 at a time!

Big Grin Maybe I should remove this thread and we can keep the idea between ourselves, jungleboy.
02-11-2009 18:36
jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

I've asked for some sims before and used my mates address, and i've used the name lord vader, then he will get a load of sim cards with Mr Lord Vader on them, it's quite funny. And i've tried Hitler before!

jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

(02-11-2009 18:36 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(02-11-2009 18:34 )jungleboy Wrote:  

Big Grin Maybe I should remove this thread and we can keep the idea between ourselves, jungleboy.

Yeah lol, that's quite a funky little idea!

HEX!T Away
Retired

big karl and shandyman used the same trick to get there messages on to party people and txt to tj but they would just bin the sim after... i guess eventualy they got banned from the being mentioned on the show and all txts were ignored from them.
i inboxed bigkarl about it and he told me how to do it so admin is not liable. as its true.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 19:18 by HEX!T.)
02-11-2009 19:15
scope Offline
Senior Poster

oh shoot looks like thats will be haperning to me soon iv been doing the same cus im with 02 i get free txts so i thought i might txt a show when i checked my cred it only took 10p not free but still good so i kept txting think i might have to take jungleboy advice and bin my sim annoyed
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 19:49 by scope.)
02-11-2009 19:44
jungleboy Offline
mocfo era tihs

oh dear! I don't want to get in trouble for encouraging this lol! I'll get loads of hate mail from the channel's lol, and your networks!

02-11-2009 20:47
Thread Closed