Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Babevidz

aaron Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Babevidz
(26-04-2024 14:27 )ANGELSTARQ Wrote:  That's not 'conclusive evidence'

No and I didn't present it as conclusive evidence. It's just my opinion. As I said before, I can't see anything to suggest that Babevidz is likely to return.
Yesterday 01:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joeman222 Away
Posting Machine

Hi guys sorry for vanishing. The site is too expensive to run and I've commitments now that mean I can no longer run the site. Glad you all enjoyed it while it lasted. If anyone wants todo something similar I'm happy to give the videos over. Cheers for now Smile
Yesterday 23:13
lovebabes44 Offline
Junior Poster

(Yesterday 23:13 )joeman222 Wrote:  Hi guys sorry for vanishing. The site is too expensive to run and I've commitments now that mean I can no longer run the site. Glad you all enjoyed it while it lasted. If anyone wants todo something similar I'm happy to give the videos over. Cheers for now Smile

When you say "too expensive" just how much are we talking? out of curiosity.
Yesterday 23:45
joeman222 Away
Posting Machine

(Yesterday 23:45 )lovebabes44 Wrote:  
(Yesterday 23:13 )joeman222 Wrote:  Hi guys sorry for vanishing. The site is too expensive to run and I've commitments now that mean I can no longer run the site. Glad you all enjoyed it while it lasted. If anyone wants todo something similar I'm happy to give the videos over. Cheers for now Smile

When you say "too expensive" just how much are we talking? out of curiosity.

£300 a month all in for hosting and electric for the recording. That's at current size after a year or so it would max the video server so you would be looking at another £150 a month for a second one. This was also with around 1000- 1300 daily users. Above 5000 you would need to double the servers and load balance. Happy to take someone through how to set it up and the scripts I made to automate a lot of it. It was a great technical challenge but it was becoming a job to manage and when fell behind with uploads the amount of time required to get caught up was several days. This was stressful as people now used the site and enjoyed it so I didn't want to let them down (this was self imposed) For context the recording would produce around 120gb a day of 1 min clips (3-6mb each) . I then ran a script over that to delete perv cam blurring this took around 2 hours and required a lot of compute I would max my 32 thread cpu. Then I'd have to go through the reminder to remove stuff manually for the 30gb or so files left it would take maybe an hour. After that the final videos were made up of the clips and uploaded automatically that took a few hours. Therefore for around a tb a month of videos were created and needed to be stored locally. A 14-20tb drive will cost £400 + I've 3, 2 full. However as you can probably see if you miss a few days or are uploading something else the time required increases. I've a 100mbps upload or roughly 6-8mbps connection. When your dealing with 10s of terabytes of data that constantly increasing the time required to upload is measured in weeks and months. Anything goes wrong you have to restart. Even just going over the videos automatically to resume would take multiple hours. The same goes for filtering if your behind for 5 days that's half a day just to filter the videos and another to upload with it all starting again tomorrow. The full freeview shows are around 5gb each 2 each day 3.6tb a year to upload a store. If somone else wants to have ago I'll happily help just know what your taking on.
Today 08:06
joeman222 Away
Posting Machine

(19-04-2024 18:23 )Scorpio Wrote:  I have a feeling when they started posting Rampant TV latest vids someone on the Rampant team said heck no you can post all the old stuff but now your stealing our latest Rampant TV vids and making money of it as well with all the ads .I could be wrong I really hope site comes back
Nope the rampant videos were the old ones that were publicly available see the post above for why it stopped. Also the ads made a small dent in the above costs it never and would never make money it also wasn't started to do so. If I wanted to make money I'd have thrown it all together and uploaded everything to the video hosts used to embed on the fourm. Would have been less hassle and stressful I hope that comes across I did care and put alot of effort and time into it Smile
Today 08:16
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

Joeman it all just goes to show what a tremendous job you did! You should have no regrets and we should all be thankful for what you achieved. Thankyou!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2021
MOST DEVOTED FANBOY 2022 & 2023
Today 08:19
Boomerangutangangbang Online
Owned by Kelly Bell

Thanks Joeman222 for patiently try to explain & more importantly of a massive thanks for all your effort on the site it has been greatly appreciated by myself & countless others on this forum & beyond.
It sounds like what you were dealing with was the work of a team & not just one man. I hope that now that you've been unburdened with this load that you will still find some time to visit & post here, you are not only a friend of the forum, but a Legend. Important Thanks mate. Smile

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
Today 08:46