Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

S66 Studio Closure

hornball Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Elite TV/Studio66 Daytime - Discussion Thread
(31-08-2022 17:22 )docutech Wrote:  Not surprised about TV with daytimes drifting along on a rolling ad for a long while now ..

The TV studio's must have huge overheads with even bigger ones to come potentially with the fuel hikes

As one studio regular said to me the other week 'there's never anyone there'

Work from home is everywhere now and this business now a cam business is made for it (model wise anyway)

Personally my main stimulates of Studio 66 are / were calling the DayTV and to a lesser extent seeing that girl in the Studio .. enjoyed following those up on cam definitely.. but those set the ball rolling ...(no pun intended)

Though I don't know all the facts and reasons and plans for the future I can though objectively understand their probable logic for the decisions...
Really?? Aside from management mistakes (such as losing control during some night output and allowing content to seep through that ultimately caught the attention of Ofcom - they had the tools to stamp on that early doors and failed to do so) the format of the shows were surely successful, and a money spinner?? otherwise why continue with them for so long?? Did not all the issues start with that failure of oversight?? and did that not - as I truly believe - force them to take preemptive action by taking everything backstage, to try and lessen the approbrium and associated action from Ofcom that followed??

If the above isn't it, then it was just a plain duff business decision which they used the 'freeloader' excuse to hide behind
31-08-2022 18:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hobgoblin Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(31-08-2022 14:57 )Hobgoblin Wrote:  A fantastic channel in its day is no longer a channel. They had such great babes, at one point not so long ago they had a better roster than Babestation in my opinion, but this new site is hard work.

I hope my favourites such as Naomi Denials, Rosie Harper and Rebekah West find other channels soon so I can see more of them

Dolly Sampson and Sasha Louise!! Ooooh, how could I forgot my two favourite big breasted geordies Tonguelaugh
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2022 18:41 by Hobgoblin.)
31-08-2022 18:41
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I wonder if BS will acquire the Studios now vacated by Studio66.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2022 18:43 by lovebabes56.)
31-08-2022 18:43
Hobgoblin Offline
Senior Poster

(31-08-2022 18:43 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  I wonder if BS will acquire the Studios now vacated by Studio66.

I’d like to see Xpanded get them. Competition is good. I really don’t want Babestation to eventually be the only one left
31-08-2022 18:49
Boomerangutangangbang Online
Owned by Kelly Bell

RE: Elite TV/Studio66 Daytime - Discussion Thread
I wonder if they went way too early with their change of direction, did they believe that they would be ahead of the game. BS still see some merit & advantage of having a TV presence on FTA & Sky, despite the change in the way people access this medium. They are a number of the younger generation who chose to not own a tv, but it will take some time before that is the norm, if that point is ever reached. Personally viewing a babe on a phone or tablet is pointless, a laptop is fine, but bigger is better.
It made no sense to make up their own rules, outside of Offcom restrictions. They had a no dirty chat before 8pm while on tv rule ? has a babechannel ever been fined via a lip-reading complaint ? & why 8pm & not the usual 9pm watershed, or the 10pm topless rule.
When they called themselves Elite, they were n the right track, Studio 66 sounded like a downgrade, but now with no Studio, they must surely fade into obscurity.
I don't buy it that the quality of babes have declined to the degree that they have spoken about. Before & during covid they recruited well. You should be able to run a business of this type with a strong core of a dozen of quality babes on days & nights, I believe they had that, & more. Just look at how well Brooks is doing at BS.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
31-08-2022 19:29
Nitram100 Offline
Moderate poster

(31-08-2022 18:49 )Hobgoblin Wrote:  
(31-08-2022 18:43 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  I wonder if BS will acquire the Studios now vacated by Studio66.

I’d like to see Xpanded get them. Competition is good. I really don’t want Babestation to eventually be the only one left

Definitely xpanded,BS OK but they have got enough studio spaces in Portsmouth Manchester London and Mk so they don't need to get any bigger
31-08-2022 19:30
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

(31-08-2022 18:49 )Hobgoblin Wrote:  

^ In an ideal world yes, but if I was one of those leaving S66, I would look at Xpanded to see how many they have been able to recruit in the past 6 - 12 months and how many they have failed to hold on too, and ask myself if they looked like a stable home to consider moving too?? Sadly, I am not sure the conclusion reached would be a positive one, and it is something I have never understood myself! Yet Honey seems to be a stalwart of the channel (thank fuck), and she has reasons to stay.

Could it be that many of the girls themselves prefer the more boundary pushing channels, and why is that?? I - as many of you know - see Xpanded as the channel of choice for their more grown up, subtle, less exaggerated format, and no damn toys to boot.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2022 19:42 by hornball.)
31-08-2022 19:41
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

^ What the babes love is flexibility. And convenience. The ability to work how they please and when they please. When pushed they will then look to where it is that gives them access to the biggest pool of punters that will lap up what they are comfortable doing. This is why babes end up at different places at different times in their lives; it depends on how they're prepared to work given what's open to them. Like everyone else they want to reach their goals in a way that suits them.

Only the hardest workers are ultra ambitious. Not many of those were left at 66! (Sorry but it was no longer the place of most driven.) IMO few leavers will stick at BS or XP unless they've been to whichever before.

BS, 66 and XP were and are quite distinct places, different geographically different in expectations, with quite distinct ways of working onscreen. The mix they offered suited babes (as well as suiting punters of differing kinks). If we lose 66 eventually, babes will have even less options and more will leave the industry (do we call doing OF alone part of the industry?). Either way more will go away from BS and XP.

And us punters will continue to get less choice; most assuredly if we continue to be such dolts in handing over large sums of money for shite so much of the time!

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
31-08-2022 20:11
Nitram100 Offline
Moderate poster

Xpanded maybe not the biggest channel in terms of girls and maybe have struggled to recruit but have managed to hold on to those that they do have,but agree xpanded or BS then BS probably
31-08-2022 20:11
grantorino Offline
Senior Poster

Think babestation closed the Portsmouth studio a few months ago
31-08-2022 20:22