Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average

S66 new website launch

generator60 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
As we know from previous s66 updates they are shite.
I just hope they sort all the gremlins out before they try and take it live.
No doubt all the "tech guys" will have been trained up on the new system.

I really do hope they can do a better job than last time.

Hopefully folk will update the forum on any progress.
16-12-2021 10:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Freeloaderthatsme Offline
Senior Poster

As many have said S66 were on a cliff ledge.UPDATE they have jumped and are half way down.Do they not have one bright spark working there.Babestation and Xpanded cant believe how this plays in to their hands.Xpanded is on its own site but unlike S66 it does not put obstacles in front or you to watch it.How difficult is it to grasp that idea!!
16-12-2021 10:59
BlastedKeith Offline
Tits Jockey

(16-12-2021 09:56 )KerrAvon Wrote:  Have S66 move their streams away from the Rampant platform as part of their 'redesign'?

I hope not, but that would be of a piece with what seems to be their mission to make themselves as inaccessible as a Nepalese monastery.

Where have all the good times gone?
16-12-2021 11:41
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

You can see why this lot re-branded from Elite TV. Maybe a more fitting name chance could be SR TV or PP TV. I'll leave it to you to work out what I'm saying here.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
16-12-2021 12:17
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(16-12-2021 09:56 )KerrAvon Wrote:  Have S66 move their streams away from the Rampant platform as part of their 'redesign'?

Yep no 66 streams on firestorm all last night,
It's typical 66 really they just start getting some new viewers like me who are a bit disappointed in what bs has done to there web show so decided the best thing they can do is move off the platform we are watching on,
I wonder if the 66 Management own shares in BS laugh

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
16-12-2021 12:21
ILoveGeri Offline
Judylwb Idoov Urfnv!

S66 redesign is an understatement.
They have deployed an entire new platform, which leverages a hotchpotch of different technologies and services, all mandating use of JavaScript and WebRTC. It appears to be using various OpenTok components, with vp8 for stream. Performance and stability of this new site are yet to meet anyone's expectations. Hopefully that will be short lived and it will be performant, work as expected, and we can watch again, soon. At present it looks like the schedule and what is actually on are very different things.
Also I don't understand why they have such ridiculous levels of logging enabled, including your public IP and session information, as you traverse the site.
I note that the Sixty6mag site is down for maintenance whilst they finesse the main site.

Whilst in theory the future of web streaming is WebRTC, there are ways to transition to it more sensibly. And come on, surely all this stuff would have been tested to death in a parallel system to confirm it actually works for the main use cases for models and subscribers alike. I noted there were at least 3 iterations of 'stable' code during yesterday evening, and I think it's now at v0.5.8. So perhaps not so stable given the version number is less than 1.

In reducing to no Freeview, one channel on Sky, and plenty of times when nothing can be shown on Sky as none of the models are doing 'TV friendly' shows, with this latest fiasco the writing may well be on the wall...

I hope not, as if they lose we lose. The loss of seeing our favourite models, as clearly the remaining competitors of Babestation and Xpanded can only accommodate so much into their own schedules.

I'm also surprised S66 can 'ignore' the value and hence money they get from being part of the current (now previous) platform they share with BS etc. There must surely have been a financial benefit, as well as bringing customers to their services. In moving away, they are potentially losing that revenue stream, or certainly reduced to some degree. Impulse viewing and buying would have been happening via that previous platform I'm sure.

This is a most unwelcome early Christmas present.

"Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame." - the War Doctor
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2021 13:10 by ILoveGeri.)
16-12-2021 12:36
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

S66 seem to keep making decisions that from the outside don't appear to make sense. But I'm sure it'll be fine, their owners are smarter than me.

I really hope they don't end up closing down, but if they do, then hopefully Joa Nova and Layla Lamour will join Brooks on BS.

I love babes with brown nipples
16-12-2021 13:11
ethers4487 Offline
Junior Poster

(16-12-2021 10:38 )generator60 Wrote:  As we know from previous s66 updates they are shite.
I just hope they sort all the gremlins out before they try and take it live.
No doubt all the "tech guys" will have been trained up on the new system.

I really do hope they can do a better job than last time.

Hopefully folk will update the forum on any progress.

Before they take it live? Bit late for that I think, can’t log in, can’t create a new account and no streams.

I doubt the tech guy is to blame for this more than likely the tech guy said it wasn’t ready but management said turn it live or find a new job. I just hope the girls get picked up by other channels quick.
16-12-2021 13:15
DavidB0473 Offline
Ugly and unloved

I believe in Christmas.

S66 Twitter account just posted this.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 16-12-2021 13:38 by DavidB0473.)
16-12-2021 13:38
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

and to do it a week before Xmas is also bloody stupid could it have waited a few more weeks and launch the new service in the New Year

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
16-12-2021 13:56