Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 3 Average

The Freeview vs Sky content debate

Deb x Away
Master Poster

RE: The Freeview vs Sky content debate
shandyman Wrote:... party girls was, knowingly for them, a short term venture, where they thought sod it and did what they want near the end, damn the consequences.
Just an idle thought, but I wonder if there's any chance of another one of these companies getting a short-term Freeview licence? Big Grin
It might make some people very happy Wink And it would give BS/Cellcast something to think about.

I'm also wondering what OfCom's (or whoever regulates competition in TV) stance is on monopolies Tongue
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2009 15:29 by Deb x.)
13-06-2009 15:28
Find all posts by this user
aaron Offline
Posting Machine

vila Wrote:
Quote:but what about if they don't get complaints and just issue a warning on what they see? do they have to be public about that too?
I believe so. Ofcom is a public body and has to be accountable for everything it does.

I don't think that's correct. Ofcom is required by law to make it's broadcasting code public, so that everyone can see exactly what their rules are, but any other information is provided by them on an entirely voluntary basis and is usually limited to explaining how they have dealt with specific complaints.

However if you believe that documents exist that you would like to see and which haven't been made public by Ofcom, you can always make a request under the Freedom Of Information Act. This applies to Ofcom the same as it applies to any public body, but they could still reply that the document you're asking about doesn't exist.
13-06-2009 15:29
Shandy Offline

aaron Wrote:
vila Wrote:
Quote:but what about if they don't get complaints and just issue a warning on what they see? do they have to be public about that too?
I believe so. Ofcom is a public body and has to be accountable for everything it does.

I don't think that's correct. Ofcom is required by law to make it's broadcasting code public, so that everyone can see exactly what their rules are, but any other information is provided by them on an entirely voluntary basis and is usually limited to explaining how they have dealt with specific complaints.

However if you believe that documents exist that you would like to see and which haven't been made public by Ofcom, you can always make a request under the Freedom Of Information Act. This applies to Ofcom the same as it applies to any public body, but they could still reply that the document you're asking about doesn't exist.

cheers aaron, i did think it may have been something like that, but it was purely a guess lol.
13-06-2009 15:54
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

RE: Babestation on Freeview channel 33
Censorship :-( Wrote:
SxciiSooky Wrote:SNIP
Censorship :-( Wrote:It also means that you woudn't even have to waste any money.

if you think it's a waste of money, why are you texting in? surely the wiseness of a 'purchase' is the risk you take everytime you pay for anything - but you have to remember, these are girls who are willingly putting themselves on your screens every night and showing you their tits and ass. They are not performing monkeys who are there to adhere to your every command. As i said earlier - a little bit of perspective would be nice Smile

Where did I say that I text in? I was simply responding to a post from matt38.

Also, I take great offence at your suggestion that I consider the babes to be 'performing monkeys' - where the hell did you get that from?

I think that I have made perfectly clear, in my time on this fourm, that my criticism of the Freeview output is aimed at the broadcaster, NOT the babes.

Please re-read my posts, as you seem to have inferred something that was not implied.

And at what point did I direct any of that at you personally?

Your particular post was simply given as an example of what is often said by a number of posters

But at no point did i refer to you by name or anything in my post, so none of it was aimed at you directly....so perhaps you need to reread my post and take it in context Smile

*Just wanted you to know I wasn't having a go at you personally

(This post was last modified: 13-06-2009 22:50 by Sooky™.)
13-06-2009 22:15
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

RE: Babestation on Freeview channel 33
SxciiSooky Wrote:
Censorship :-( Wrote:
SxciiSooky Wrote:SNIP
[quote=Censorship :-(]It also means that you woudn't even have to waste any money.

if you think it's a waste of money, why are you texting in? surely the wiseness of a 'purchase' is the risk you take everytime you pay for anything - but you have to remember, these are girls who are willingly putting themselves on your screens every night and showing you their tits and ass. They are not performing monkeys who are there to adhere to your every command. As i said earlier - a little bit of perspective would be nice Smile

Where did I say that I text in? I was simply responding to a post from matt38.

Also, I take great offence at your suggestion that I consider the babes to be 'performing monkeys' - where the hell did you get that from?

I think that I have made perfectly clear, in my time on this fourm, that my criticism of the Freeview output is aimed at the broadcaster, NOT the babes.

Please re-read my posts, as you seem to have inferred something that was not implied.

SxciiSooky Wrote:And at what point did I direct any of that at you personally?

Your particular post was simply given as an example of what is often said by a number of posters

But at no point did i refer to you by name or anything in my post, so none of it was aimed at you directly....so perhaps you need to reread my post and take it in context Smile

SNIP

LOL! You chose to quote a line that I wrote, headed, as all quotes are, with '{name of author} wrote:', then write your reply underneath, apparently in response to that quote, and we are not supposed to link the two? Come off it.

Anyway, I don't wish to argue (honest! Wink ), so, as you claim not to be directing your comments at me, can I assume that you will have no problem deleting the part of my post that you quoted? If so, I will happily remove my replies.

Normally, I wouldn’t make such a big deal out of it, but I do feel uncomfortable with the 'performing monkeys' reference.

SxciiSooky Wrote:*Just wanted you to know I wasn't having a go at you personally

Much appreciated, thank you. Smile
13-06-2009 23:19
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

to delete the specific part of the post would mean deleting the post in its entirity - so no, I won't be - sorry

13-06-2009 23:37

SxciiSooky Wrote:to delete the specific part of the post would mean deleting the post in its entirity - so no, I won't be - sorry

How would deleting the part of my post that you chose to quote in your reply, which you claim does not direct your response at me, require the deletion of the whole post?
14-06-2009 00:32
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Since you may not be aware, there is a time limit as to how long can pass before you can no longer edit your posts - that is why

Now - can this go back on topic as this is a thread for the debate of freeview/sky content - not an explain yourslef in your posts thread

I have stated that my post was not aimed directly at you - so I really fail to see the continued issue

14-06-2009 01:15

SxciiSooky Wrote:Since you may not be aware, there is a time limit as to how long can pass before you can no longer edit your posts - that is why

No, I was not aware of that.

SxciiSooky Wrote:Now - can this go back on topic as this is a thread for the debate of freeview/sky content - not an explain yourslef in your posts thread

I have stated that my post was not aimed directly at you - so I really fail to see the continued issue

In the spirit of moving on, we shall have to agree to disagree on that. Wink
14-06-2009 12:36
Shandy Offline

Big Grin Get Babestation off freeview!
Since it went on freeview, us sky peeps have had to suffer with a tame and pale version of Babestation.

stuff the people moaning about day girls going on the night shows, i think this is a more valid point Big Grin Big Grin

(Please note this is mostly a humourous post to lighten things up since the whole bitchin about day girls on night has been done to death and beyond............... Big Grin )
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2009 20:10 by Shandy.)
14-06-2009 15:13
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV