Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

studio 66 sky channel 923 to closedown

winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

RE: studio 66 sky channel 923 to closedown
(31-05-2020 14:23 )KerrAvon Wrote:  S66/Elite, like BS, built their rep on the TV caller, and babes giving them a good performance. Both are coming to an end. Not all of the TV callers want to go online and engage further paywalls and buzzing things.

End of an era is indeed coming.

i think there will be a place for tv for the next few years at least but it is and has been in decline for a number of years, the old school guys who want to call up the girl they are watching on tv are getting older and less, the next generation of babeshow fan wants to see the girl doing more and far more likely not to watch the tv show, so yes ai agree the end of the tv era is coming but i dont think its the end of the babeshows

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
31-05-2020 14:36
Find all posts by this user
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(31-05-2020 14:35 )docutech Wrote:  be interesting to know just how the station is doing and whether the move is paying off.

i dont know how they are doing now since going more cam based, but was told last year by someone in the business i trust who has been right on a lot of things that they wore looking to wind up the company to get rid of all there debt and cancel all there contracts, i hear they got close to this so something had to change hopefully soon be able to find out if this lower cost, lower wages model is working for them,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
31-05-2020 14:42
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(31-05-2020 14:30 )winsaw Wrote:  
(31-05-2020 12:54 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  I would agree but I wonder how many of those girls at home would actually be asked to go into the studio

You couldn't see this as anything more than just a cost cutting move could you? I doubt very much they would apply for another licence for TV if they picked up business

on point 1, i hear some of the girls who have been asked have said no as like working at home and are doing well enough on the money making,

in 2nd point, i think they see it more as a profit increasing measure, they are not going to have to pay to rent the channel, pay for the licence, the girls working on the webshow from home are on a % only and dont get a fee for turning up like the girls on tv so less wages, if they do start doing webshow from the studio more i wonder if they will want the girls on the same deal as the at home girls,

this isn't something thats just happened its been in the planing for ages, interesting that its happened just as Jamie gets back control after a long time, wonder it hes been watching what happened as bs and wants to copy that, i think they should,

That’s probably why it’s happening now. Jamie is back & wants s66 to basically wants s66 to be more like bs is. Interesting to see if this revamp sees a name change for S66

Piper Niven Superfan
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2020 15:05 by Rammyrascal.)
31-05-2020 14:57
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(31-05-2020 14:23 )KerrAvon Wrote:  
(31-05-2020 12:25 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  
(31-05-2020 07:48 )coolman7 Wrote:  End of an era, R.I.P 66, thanks for the memories

wrong, s66 isn’t going anywhere Smile they are carrying on with what they’ve been doing for over a year now which is to have most of their shows online & to use the tv channel to draw people to the online shows.

Hope when s66 are just on one tv channel they don’t just put one babe on the channel, they should rotate all the babes they have on that night on to the tv channel which will let people see who is on & know that when they’re not on tv, they can watch online

#EpicFail

Don't think the comment warranted an #EpicFail tag. He's right.

S66/Elite, like BS, built their rep on the TV caller, and babes giving them a good performance. Both are coming to an end. Not all of the TV callers want to go online and engage further paywalls and buzzing things.

Was using the #EpicFail because coolman7 was saying RIP S66 thanks for the memories, S66 isn’t going anywhere, it’s just changing to being more online than on tv

Piper Niven Superfan
31-05-2020 15:00
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(31-05-2020 14:36 )winsaw Wrote:  
(31-05-2020 14:23 )KerrAvon Wrote:  S66/Elite, like BS, built their rep on the TV caller, and babes giving them a good performance. Both are coming to an end. Not all of the TV callers want to go online and engage further paywalls and buzzing things.

i think there will be a place for tv for the next few years at least but it is and has been in decline for a number of years, the old school guys who want to call up the girl they are watching on tv are getting older and less, the next generation of babeshow fan wants to see the girl doing more and far more likely not to watch the tv show, so yes ai agree the end of the tv era is coming but i dont think its the end of the babeshows

Just like with watching tv in general. The days of people gathering in front of a tv watching shows on a fixed schedule have all but gone, with people increasingly watching content on demand via tablets, smartphones & computers

Piper Niven Superfan
31-05-2020 15:03
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

(31-05-2020 14:36 )winsaw Wrote:  i think there will be a place for tv for the next few years at least but it is and has been in decline for a number of years, the old school guys who want to call up the girl they are watching on tv are getting older and less, the next generation of babeshow fan wants to see the girl doing more and far more likely not to watch the tv show, so yes ai agree the end of the tv era is coming but i dont think its the end of the babeshows

I don't even think there's a next generation of babeshow fan. It's the original generation holding them up, and dwindling hence the channels finding new and cost effective ways to rinse even more cash out of them. Once they're gone, that's it, they'll go the same way with the glamour industry the babeshows were so tied with.

The next generation are finding other sites, social media and other ways to get their gratification. Hell they can get even more hands for cheaper than privates and buzzes.
31-05-2020 15:22
Dave_A Offline
Senior Poster

(31-05-2020 14:16 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  Dave,
So one a channel loses a licence it can apply for it back or not?

Yes, if S66 gives up a licence of it's own accord, they can, down the road apply for another licence.

But if Ofcom revoked their licence, then that would be a different matter altogether .

To my knowledge, Ofcom have never revoked a S66 licence, or have to this point in time, given S66 a fine .

Company's, can have TV licences, without having a TV channel to broadcast on .
31-05-2020 15:25
Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

(31-05-2020 12:52 )Charlemagne Wrote:  .....Having a dirty great big OSG accross the screen showed that they don't give a jot about their telephone callers on TV.

.....You can see the remaining channel used just as a way to publicise the girls on Cams.

I think you're right but isn't an advert supposed to make the product look good? This travesty of a babeshow just makes them look like shit. Anybody already watching on telly is probably just going to switch over to Bs or Xpanded rather than move online IMHAHO.

31-05-2020 18:20
donnafan913 Offline
Senior Poster

Once a channel is gone it has gone. Of course can then start the process for a new channel.
31-05-2020 19:55
HoneyRocks Offline
Honey Monster

The costs of being on Sky Satellite are not cheap, the costs of being on the EPG Programme Guide also very expensive.

I know directly how damn expensive it was per year in the early 2000’s and it would have multiplied considerably since then.

This could be and is probably ultimately a cost cutting exercise.

Being on normal or satellite TV keeps these stations higher in the normal public eye. A big lot of people are less likely to go on line to see Studio 66 but with lower overheads profits may improve?

Xpanded TV was around online only since around 2005, long before it launched on SKY Satellite TV with Honey Scott towards the end of July 2011.

Honey is the only girl to have been with Xpanded throughout it’s 9 years on TV!

I really don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Lovely beautiful Honey Scott IS my favourite very cute bundle of yummy Marshmallow Fluff!!! <3
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2020 20:48 by HoneyRocks.)
31-05-2020 20:46
Thread Closed