Senior Poster

RE: studio 66 sky channel 923 to closedown
thats very true if you include web channels
31-05-2020 12:22
Find all posts by this user
Rammyrascal Online
Team Thicc

(31-05-2020 07:48 )coolman7 Wrote:  End of an era, R.I.P 66, thanks for the memories

wrong, s66 isn’t going anywhere Smile they are carrying on with what they’ve been doing for over a year now which is to have most of their shows online & to use the tv channel to draw people to the online shows.

Hope when s66 are just on one tv channel they don’t just put one babe on the channel, they should rotate all the babes they have on that night on to the tv channel which will let people see who is on & know that when they’re not on tv, they can watch online

#EpicFail

Piper Niven Superfan
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2020 12:36 by Rammyrascal.)
31-05-2020 12:25
Rammyrascal Online
Team Thicc

(31-05-2020 11:46 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  seems like we are pretty much down to the bare bones where babe channels are concerned

Not really. Yes the number of channels/shows on tv has gone down, but the number of channels/shows online has gone up.

The channels & shows are going more online & less on tv. Just like how an an increasing number of people are watching tv via tablets & smartphones & other online methods

Piper Niven Superfan
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2020 15:05 by Rammyrascal.)
31-05-2020 12:30
Charlemagne Offline

Hardly a shock that they are reducing channels (at the best)

Having a dirty great big OSG accross the screen showed that they don't give a jot about their telephone callers on TV.

Most of there previous top performing babes have abandoned working on TV either altogether or just with limited performances.
These girls have now switched to working on the Studio66 cams or have moved on to use their own personal fan sites.

You can see the remaining channel used just as a way to publicise the girls on Cams.

31-05-2020 12:52
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I would agree but I wonder how many of those girls at home would actually be asked to go into the studio

(31-05-2020 12:25 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  
(31-05-2020 07:48 )coolman7 Wrote:  End of an era, R.I.P 66, thanks for the memories

wrong, s66 isn’t going anywhere Smile they are carrying on with what they’ve been doing for over a year now which is to have most of their shows online & to use the tv channel to draw people to the online shows.

Hope when s66 are just on one tv channel they don’t just put one babe on the channel, they should rotate all the babes they have on that night on to the tv channel which will let people see who is on & know that when they’re not on tv, they can watch online

#EpicFail

You couldn't see this as anything more than just a cost cutting move could you? I doubt very much they would apply for another licence for TV if they picked up business

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
31-05-2020 12:54
Dave_A Offline
Senior Poster

(31-05-2020 12:30 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  
(31-05-2020 11:46 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  seems like we are pretty much down to the bare bones where babe channels are concerned

Not really. Yes the number of channels/shows on tv has gone down, but the number of channels/shows on tv has gone up.

bladewave
31-05-2020 13:43
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

Dave,
So one a channel loses a licence it can apply for it back or not?

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
31-05-2020 14:16
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

(31-05-2020 12:25 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  

#EpicFail

Don't think the comment warranted an #EpicFail tag. He's right.

S66/Elite, like BS, built their rep on the TV caller, and babes giving them a good performance. Both are coming to an end. Not all of the TV callers want to go online and engage further paywalls and buzzing things.

End of an era is indeed coming.
31-05-2020 14:23
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(31-05-2020 12:54 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  I would agree but I wonder how many of those girls at home would actually be asked to go into the studio

You couldn't see this as anything more than just a cost cutting move could you? I doubt very much they would apply for another licence for TV if they picked up business

on point 1, i hear some of the girls who have been asked have said no as like working at home and are doing well enough on the money making,

in 2nd point, i think they see it more as a profit increasing measure, they are not going to have to pay to rent the channel, pay for the licence, the girls working on the webshow from home are on a % only and dont get a fee for turning up like the girls on tv so less wages, if they do start doing webshow from the studio more i wonder if they will want the girls on the same deal as the at home girls,

this isn't something thats just happened its been in the planing for ages, interesting that its happened just as Jamie gets back control after a long time, wonder it hes been watching what happened as bs and wants to copy that, i think they should,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
31-05-2020 14:30
docutech Offline
Posting Machine

i was told way back last summer by several of the girls when there was three TV channels that the company was moving away from TV due to the cost of the studio hire, Ofcom and predominately that the future was in a web based product and the ability to hire lots more girls who could work off site, allowing a pay structure to move away from fixed wages

Personally I used to genuinely enjoy spending hundreds a month calling the day shows with a naughty cam for extra's sometimes.

Backing up what Kerr says above, now I spend practically nothing with no desire to sit and call a girl on my lap top or mobile (rather than a TV) and no desire to cam on a unreliable buffering, time lagging service with a girl more linked to Adultwork than modelling, nothing against the girls its just not what I enjoyed previous or want.

Girls I still speak too say there is soo much less substance and length to calls and cams now and has been for a long while, be interesting to know just how the station is doing and whether the move is paying off.
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2020 14:38 by docutech.)
31-05-2020 14:35
Thread Closed