gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Armistice Day 2018

GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

Armistice Day 2018
Tomorrow(or today if you are viewing this then) is the anniversary of the end of the Great War 1914-1918 (unfortunately Mr H didn't learn from the last time and started another one in 1939-45) and we remember the fallen of the World Wars and past and current campaigns. Wearing of the Poppy reminds us of the blood spilt by our ancestors. Perhaps you have a relative that had a relative that fought in the War. Tomorrow/Today is the time to remember them and stand for two minutes silence.

"When you go home, tell of this and say...for your tomorrow, we gave our today"
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!

Here is a war time bayonet that belong to a relative of my family-he is buried somewhere in Iraq but his body was never found.
[Image: ae2d631027949554.jpg] [Image: 10c1bc1027949644.jpg]

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
11-11-2018 00:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpj316 Offline
Account Closed

RE: Armistice Day 2018
The Salvation Army where I live are doing a special service for it so I'll be going to that with family and friends.
11-11-2018 03:37
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

"On the 11th Hour, On the 11th Day, in the 11th Month, the guns fell silent"

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
11-11-2018 11:11
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

11-11-2018 12:05
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

In our village we’ve had fallen soldier silhouettes outside the homes of all those young men who died in WW1. This morning we’ve had an organised walk around all the locations. If any if you are interested in WW1 history there’s a series called “Voices of the First World War” on BBC iplayer radio.
11-11-2018 12:55
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

"At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we WILL remember them"

So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
11-11-2018 16:17
Jack the Nipper Offline
Posting Machine

A big thank you to all the brave men & women in the armed forces who have fought & continue to fight to keep this country safe & for the very freedoms we have today.
A 100 years ago today the guns fell silent as the Armistice brought an end to The Great War (WW1),a war in which soldiers from all countries,religions from across the Empire took part where millions of lives were lost.

Armistice/Rememberence Day is the opportunity to pay respects & honour both the millions of fallen soldiers who died on the battlefield & the millions of soldiers who lived to tell the tale for your service & sacrifice will never be forgotten & we salute you.

As well as supporting the British Legion the poppy is the symbol & a means of paying tribute/respect to the millions of brave soldiers who died on the battlefield (where poppies grew around the bodies of the fallen) as well as paying the same respects to all soldiers (ex & current sevicemen & women)& shouldn't be used for political purposes by some who say it glorifies war,it doesn't.
11-11-2018 17:39
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

^ This
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018 17:52 by SecretAgent.)
11-11-2018 17:51
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I always make sure I wear a poppy badge every November and have long been a strong supporter of the British Legion and Help For Heroes charities. It does have some personal significance to me as my granddad was a medic during World War II. He's long since passed on now but I can only imagine some of the horrors that he dealt with during those very turbulent years in history.

I was at home this morning and watched the two minutes silence from the Cenotaph on BBC One. I then attended a remembrance gathering at my regular pub in the afternoon and stayed there for the live football Premier League matches. I have to say there were some very moving tributes from all the grounds over the weekend.

It is very important that the sacrifice made by all those fallen in war is never forgotten. The ultimate sacrifice for their country that allows us to live our lives today.

Lest we forget. We will remember them.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
11-11-2018 22:50
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

There was a very good ceremony of remembrance at the England v New Zealand Rugby Union game and the League match today(which we got hammered in but had already won the series 2-1) and some impeccably two-minute-silences at many of the football matches as well. I was talking with my mother and she told me that many, many years ago where she used to live, people used to get out of their cars and observe the silence and they could hear the thud of the cannon from London-it was that quiet. We can NEVER forget and it is up to the next generation to learn from the last generation's mistakes.

11-11-2018 22:58

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles