Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Openload videos

Jam Da Man Offline

RE: Openload videos
Clicked on an Openload video earlier, on the forum, and after closing 2 pop-ups had to then sit through a 30 second ad before the actual video started playing.

Just gets worse.

"The road to Good Intentions be paved with Hell"

14-11-2018 13:25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Goatman Offline
King Of Goats

(14-11-2018 13:25 )Jam Da Man Wrote:  Clicked on an Openload video earlier, on the forum, and after closing 2 pop-ups had to then sit through a 30 second ad before the actual video started playing.

Just gets worse.

Can't you or the other mods ban openload from the forum ? Its just a causes problems

I miss Amber Coen
14-11-2018 21:42
Bondless Offline
Pum Pum Gusher

I use Ad Block Plus but sometimes Openload videos won't load until I turn it off.

Try the 'Blocksite' Chrome app too, you can block the sites that it trys to send you to visit
14-11-2018 21:51
skully Offline

Many use it without any problems, so taking it away as an option for our video makers to use for to upload, would be a last resort.

To make it less of a pain in the balls make sure you have an ad blocker (as suggested), such as AdGuard.

Edit.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
14-11-2018 22:02
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

A little heads up about Openload which has just happened to me.

Went to the website to download a vid. The download link simply would not work just went to various other pages. Then in Chrome I saw an option on the page 'accept notifications' or something like that. When I clicked 'Yes' the vid downloaded.

However from then on the browser was hi-jacked with Openload.co popups since everytime to start the browser chrome uses these notifications to run the pop up ads.

Now there are various websites that give manual instructions of how to fix this annoyance. But I could not find the fixes they were referring to. Now I am always doubvious of these sites that are also an advert for a tool that claims to fix the issue automatically. But I did try one called 'Unhackme'. You have to watch the reports quite carefully since it lists as 'dubvious' programs that are probably quite safe. But the one that was highlighted showed a setting in Chrome to 'notifications' and openload.co was mentioned. I removed this and, as far as I can tell, all is well now. When I restarted Chrome the pop ups have not reappeared.

You might be able to do the same if you can find the actual Chrome setting or those of other browsers. Or even just uninstall/reinstall chrome.

But I thought I would share this with you.
03-12-2018 11:33
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

To stop the notifications, click the padlock symbol, go to site settings

[Image: image-3DF4_5C052C17.jpg]

then select "block" notifications

[Image: image-CBB5_5C052C17.jpg]
03-12-2018 14:16
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

^^ That's cool.

But what browser is this ? Certainly not Chrome.
03-12-2018 14:43
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

(03-12-2018 14:43 )DB83 Wrote:  ^^ That's cool.

But what browser is this ? Certainly not Chrome.

It is Chrome. I just picked a random openload page for illustration, but obviously you should go back to the page where you originally made the change.
03-12-2018 14:49
Don Tingley Offline
Retired

https://torrentfreak.com/file-sharing-gi...ed-190619/

"Openload is believed to have some backup domains. Oload.stream and Oload.life are working alternatives that serve the same content"
19-06-2019 11:51
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ukdoll Offline
Master Poster

(22-10-2018 21:06 )goatman222 Wrote:  I just watched a cara brett video from limitbreak
And a pop up made my browser lock up and it was asking me to enter my email and bank detail to get off of it
I unpluged my computer now im running a scan wtf was that about ?

I've had these a few times. Sometimes they totally lock you out. He's what Ive found works for me.

1. create another user account on you computer. also enable system restore in settings.
2. if you get locked out of your main account, reboot your computer and log in to the second account that you created.
3. from that account you can run a system restore back to a previous date.
4. After thats finished, you should be able to get back in to your main account and the virus/trojan will be gone.
19-06-2019 12:20