Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[split] Movie News & Reviews

terence Offline

^so you're on the side of the studios rather that the everyday man. i'm shocked! Rolleyes

fuck the studio's. video games have to have a disclaimer if they show scenes that are not actual gameplay. movies should be made to do the same.

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
09-08-2016 18:27
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

RE: Movie News & Reviews
He doesn't because film studios can do what ever what ever they want a film trailer only sells you the reason to check out the film a lot films have scenes that aren't actually in the film or it's totally different Jason Bourne has big scene that was in the trailer but you actually see it in the main film it's totally different. The film companies reserve the right to present the final product to how they want. A example of films that had scenes missing from the actually film

Empire strikes back
Iron Man 1 and 2
Who framed Roger Rabbit
Jason Bourne
The Bourne Legacy
Shaft - the reboot
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
Back To The Future 2
There's a lot more of them ther are like that if you back and watch a lot of films, Suicide Squad was screen tested with two version of the film with a test audience the first version was a lot more violent and the second version which had less of the joker because of stuff he did hence why the Jared Leto said the first version would be a R rating all films have a test audience and then the film can be changed for example the ending of Star Trek Generations and Ghostbusters 2 was redone common knowledge. Whether other cut comes it that's all but different story.
As for the different versions deluxe, extended or otherwise is bloody ridiculous because no one is forcing anyway to buy if don't wanna buy then it's simply don't buy if you don't want too no one is forcing or bribing I bought BvS on blu ray which came with the cinema cut and directors cut at the same price as a normaly blu Ray would be. The Lord of The Rings films each came twice with the normal blu Ray and extended cut I choose to buy the extended cut my mate chose the normal blu ray. Some blu ray films have new versions come out sometimes I personally have chose to but them and at other times I haven't bothered. At the end of day if people wanna buy them then it's there choice and there money if don't wanna buy them vote with your wallet and don't buy them it's as simply as that.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
09-08-2016 18:38
Find all posts by this user
terence Offline

nah, it's false advertising.

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
09-08-2016 18:58
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

Gonna say this one last time a trailer is isn't the final representation of a film, Suicide Squad was edited but hey you know better.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 19:02 by *Kal-El*.)
09-08-2016 19:01
terence Offline

^and i will say this once more, it's false advertising.

thanks.

09-08-2016 19:03
rpj316 Offline
Account Closed

Studios have been doing this for years,often trailers are released before films have been locked.Peter Jackson's Fellowship of The Ring had a different Gollum and Kong was different on the first theatrical trailer to the Kong in the finished film.The director of Suicide Squad said that he had to recut the film because of recent atrocities.

As much as I like to see the little guy win in most situations,he really is pissing in the wind here.
09-08-2016 19:07
terence Offline

all i'm saying is it's false advertising.just because studio's have been getting away with it for years doesn't change that fact.

and i agree he's pissing in the wind. i suspect it's all been done with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek. it's his way of showing his displeasure at the bullshit marketing ploys used by the studio's to hawk their usually underwhelming wares.

09-08-2016 19:11
rpj316 Offline
Account Closed

Isn't there a legal responsibility in the small print though,saying something along on the lines of scenes may vary,or words to that effect?

I'm sure I remember some film trailers having something like that in the tiny print at the end of trailers?
09-08-2016 19:15
terence Offline

^small print is the word. they should make it clear like video games have to. imo they are taking liberties with the paying public, this new trend of deluxe and ultimate edition dvd's that are different to theatrical releases being a perfect example.
it's just a cash grab employed by already mega rich studio's to grub even more money off poor saps that think they need to by the directors cut steelbook in case they missed something mildly important.

09-08-2016 19:25
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

How are they poor saps it's simply as this don't buy the product. When I buy video games and they release the standard edition of game and then they 60-100 pound special editions I don't buy them if someone wants to waste there money buying them it's there problem not ours and the same blu rays, Boxsets etc etc. If you feel so strongly about it right to the companies or better yet complain to trading standards or your local MP.

09-08-2016 19:42
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66