Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion

marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion
(17-07-2015 23:10 )bigglesworth Wrote:  I said at the start that they didn't have a viable business

You were right. Consider that they were paying much higher wages than Babestation - this is the Babestation that has 3 high EPG slots on Sky and 3 freeview channels to generate calls. Sin TV had just the one EPG slot and a low one at that. How could they ever have managed?
17-07-2015 23:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

^They probably had someone with a decent wad of cash who woke up one morning and decided it would be a great idea to run a babechannel. Nothing else can really explain the mess they have made.

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 00:06 by gunnar.)
18-07-2015 00:05
tjl007 Offline
Master Poster

Some of the girls have been tweeting that they are owed a lot of money and can't believe that people were still working for them for free

BRING BACK WENDY TAYLOR AND ROBYN RYDER!!!!
18-07-2015 00:15
De La Red Offline
Senior Poster

What a disgraceful and embarrassing way to attempt to run a business. For those reasons, good riddance Sin.
18-07-2015 00:19
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

With hindsight the girls made hardly their wisest move ever by signing up with this shower did they? If Mellie D could see it almost straight away, why couldn't they? I guess a few were trapped by the time they realised the score. Some who stuck around when they should have known better look even more culpable in their own fate. But I suppose it's easy to judge from the outside without the full facts...

That said, there remains is a whiff of delight in Sin's downfall around here that is unappealing IMO. These are people's livelihoods. That is not to be casually dismissed.

Does anyone think that Sin set out with the intention not to pay people?!

IMO, the only ones that come out of this smelling of roses are those that were offered work with Sin and knew "too good to be true" when they heard it.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
18-07-2015 00:19
De La Red Offline
Senior Poster

(18-07-2015 00:19 )ShandyHand Wrote:  With hindsight the girls made hardly their wisest move ever by signing up with this shower did they? If Mellie D could see it almost straight away, why couldn't they? I guess a few were trapped by the time they realised the score. Some who stuck around when they should have known better look even more culpable in their own fate. But I suppose it's easy to judge from the outside without the full facts...

That said, there remains is a whiff of delight in Sin's downfall around here that is unappealing IMO. These are people's livelihoods. That is not to be casually dismissed.

Does anyone think that Sin set out with the intention not to pay people?!

IMO, the only ones that come out of this smelling of roses are those that were offered work with Sin and knew "too good to be true" when they heard it.

It's difficult. Whilst we all welcome competition in terms of channels and what they are offering, it is horrible seeing people being taken advantage of and being ripped off.

I get the impression of the 'I told you so' crowd in the thread, and you are always going to get that. If Sin have gone for the reasons that they are a poorly run business with alleged questionable ethics/intentions, then I am glad to see them go as quickly as they got here, in order that the damage they do is limited.

I am sure girls joined with the best of intentions, with whatever they were being pitched with. If anyone was going to be offered a 33% increase ( a figure I have juct plucked out of thin air) to do effectively the same job elsewhere, we will all be moving on, and we do it in good faith.
18-07-2015 00:26
gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

(18-07-2015 00:15 )tjl007 Wrote:  Some of the girls have been tweeting that they are owed a lot of money and can't believe that people were still working for them for free

^The following saying comes to mind.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

I think the Babes that Sin TV got working for them, were initially attracted by the promise of very high wages and this had them flocking to be a part of the channel. This however proved to be illusory in nature.

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
18-07-2015 00:32
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

This channel is proving to be one of the biggest disasters in the entire history of these babe shows. No thought, no plan (or if there was it was a doomed failure from the start) and then no back-up plan when the inevitable happened and the whole sorry show went down the tubes.

They deserve to be taken to the cleaners for the money they apparently owe to staff and babes. What a joke - and sadly for many not a very funny one. bladewave

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
18-07-2015 01:27
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(18-07-2015 00:26 )De La Red Wrote:  alleged questionable ethics/intentions

They didn't have any questionable ethics/intentions. That kind of talk is nonsense. They simply didn't know what they were doing.

As bigglesworth posted, Sin TV had just the one EPG slot and a low one at that, so how could they ever have managed to pay such a high wagebill? The answer must be that they thought the x-streams would bring calls rolling in, and that was obviously a horrendous error of judgement.
18-07-2015 02:03
Lamarr l 21 l Offline
RIP Chloe Love

Lets hope Arsenal snap up all these babes leaving and use them as cheerleaders Big Grin
18-07-2015 02:33