Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion

gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion
(08-07-2015 20:49 )Tractor boy Wrote:  Beth seems to think sin will be OK as she says she will be doing 4 or 5 day shows every month, I expect Beth has sorted the financial problems at sin and tomorrow she will start work on sorting out the problems in Greece.Wink

^After that the Eurozone.
Faster than a speeding bullet.
Leaps tall buildings in a single bound.
It's super Beth.
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
08-07-2015 23:11
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
De La Red Offline
Senior Poster

(08-07-2015 20:49 )Tractor boy Wrote:  Beth seems to think sin will be OK as she says she will be doing 4 or 5 day shows every month, I expect Beth has sorted the financial problems at sin and tomorrow she will start work on sorting out the problems in Greece.Wink

There is no end to the world problems that a naked Beth can sort out.
09-07-2015 01:02
AprilFools Offline
Senior Poster

So with Sin now appearing on freeview (ch184) . I just want to make sure I'm on the same page as everybody else.

It hasn't started broadcasting yet has it? All I get is a black screen with pink writing announcing the channel with a box saying your TV has to be connected to the Internet.

I'm assuming it'll go live at the same time as the website.

So that's what everyone else is seeing at the moment is it?
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 06:31 by AprilFools.)
09-07-2015 06:30
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

When I first saw sin TV on my EPG I had a feeling of joy like a roll over lottery win only to have my spirits crash like I had forgot to buy a ticket in the first place.Huh
09-07-2015 06:48
AprilFools Offline
Senior Poster

(09-07-2015 06:48 )Tractor boy Wrote:  When I first saw sin TV on my EPG I had a feeling of joy like a roll over lottery win only to have my spirits crash like I had forgot to buy a ticket in the first place.Huh

TV not connected to the Internet huh?

Will be interesting to see how I access it. Whether it's just pressing the red button or entering a code obtained off the website. Intriguing. (All me wondering out loud, really not sure how)
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2015 07:03 by AprilFools.)
09-07-2015 07:01
shyjon Offline
Junior Poster

Having just re-tuned my freeview TV I can tell you that Sin is currently broadcasting on channel 184 however you need to be able to connect your TV to the Internet to receive the channel as it is an online streaming channel rather than a normal channel like Babestation or xpanded. If you can't connect your TV to the Internet or if your TV is not compatible with the service even if it is connected to the Internet then all you will see is the channel holder telling you that your TV has to be connected to the Internet. I don't know which TVs are compatible with the service though, I have a Linsar Smart TV and that works fine. I assume Sony, LG and Samsung Smart TVs will probably work as well. A good indication would be if you can receive the Adult XXX trailer on 183 then you should be able to receive Sin TV. As far as viewing the channel goes you're just told to press the red button and the stream then appears no additional confirmation is required.
09-07-2015 07:33
AprilFools Offline
Senior Poster

(09-07-2015 07:33 )shyjon Wrote:  Having just re-tuned my freeview TV I can tell you that Sin is currently broadcasting on channel 184 however you need to be able to connect your TV to the Internet to receive the channel as it is an online streaming channel rather than a normal channel like Babestation or xpanded. If you can't connect your TV to the Internet or if your TV is not compatible with the service even if it is connected to the Internet then all you will see is the channel holder telling you that your TV has to be connected to the Internet. I don't know which TVs are compatible with the service though, I have a Linsar Smart TV and that works fine. I assume Sony, LG and Samsung Smart TVs will probably work as well. A good indication would be if you can receive the Adult XXX trailer on 183 then you should be able to receive Sin TV. As far as viewing the channel goes you're just told to press the red button and the stream then appears no additional confirmation is required.

Hmm interesting thanks for that. I have a Sony I can watch Iplayer through it so I'm not sure where I stand with being able to view it. Currently as stated I juSt have the holder. Maybe will re scan see what that does. I used to be able to see the adult xxx trailer til a few weeks ago. Curious.

Thanks for the feedback.
09-07-2015 07:43
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

I get a your television is currently not compatible with this service at the bottom of the screen, I live in hope that the word currently means that I may get the channel one day.
09-07-2015 08:05
AprilFools Offline
Senior Poster

(09-07-2015 08:05 )Tractor boy Wrote:  I get a your television is currently not compatible with this service at the bottom of the screen, I live in hope that the word currently means that I may get the channel one day.

So many variances. I just get the holder. Wish an announcement would have been made by them. Would've been amazing to see Beth on my 40" screen as opposed to the laptop. Oh well fingers crossed I can rescan it and view on Saturday Night.

Tractor Boy - I feel your pain. If it's any consolation check my Twitter feed (in case you don't already) I'll cover as much Beth as I can.
09-07-2015 08:10
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

I was watching on my phone for most of yesterday, and as lovely as 5 inch Beth is I think she is even lovelier on the big screen, though carrying a TV around with you to catch the day shows could be a problem.
09-07-2015 08:28