Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Channel closure conspiracy thread

circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

RE: EuroBabes - Chat & Discussion
If ETV had been paying a fixed fee to Cellcast to rent their channel space, then Cellcast wouldn't care what the call volumes were like, so that gives a clue about what the arrangements were between the two sides.
25-02-2015 20:47
Find all posts by this user
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(25-02-2015 20:38 )Bandwagon Wrote:  If everybody just listened to Admiral Decker & Co then where would the fun be? laugh

Thanks for the namecheck. Smile

My own view about Euro Babes is that the call figures must have been atrocious.

Surely if they were just disappointing or even poor they would have given it longer than 6 days?
25-02-2015 20:49
marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

(25-02-2015 20:47 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  If ETV had been paying a fixed fee to Cellcast to rent their channel space,

Well to be fair ETV wouldn't pay to have Cellcast put their own graphics on the show, so I think having Cellcast's details all over the screen really rules out ETV having paid them anything.
25-02-2015 21:32
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(25-02-2015 19:23 )admin Wrote:  I didn't know they did any hype, promotion and advertising, apart from a few tweets, and they couldn't have stopped tweeting 3 or 4 days before the launch date because nobody knew when the launch date was until the day it actually did launch. In any event they have limited staff numbers these days and have very little time available for hype, promotion and advertising. In different circumstances they could have done more.

Most of the Bs promotional tweets are just 'copy and paste' over and over again. It's a bit ridiculous to say that, if someone was logged on to the Bs twitter anyway, doing the normal promotions, they wouldn't have the (literally) 2 seconds it would take to paste on a Eurobabes tweet as well.

In any event, there's something far wrong with their priorities if they couldn't make an effort when the show was actually on air for the first time.
Can you imagine trying to explain that one to Alan Sugar........ all together now - "you're f......"
25-02-2015 22:02
schvall Offline
Senior Poster

(25-02-2015 20:49 )admiral decker Wrote:  My own view about Euro Babes is that the call figures must have been atrocious.

In the region of zero, I would say.

I seem to be alone here in not being surprisied it only lasted 6 days.
25-02-2015 22:04
prince henry sinclair Offline
Senior Poster

(25-02-2015 22:02 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Most of the Bs promotional tweets are just 'copy and paste' over and over again. It's a bit ridiculous to say that, if someone was logged on to the Bs twitter anyway, doing the normal promotions, they wouldn't have the (literally) 2 seconds it would take to paste on a Eurobabes tweet as well.

I don't think admin meant they couldn't tweet, should they have wanted to. I assumed that "promotion and advertising" meant something more than tweeting.

So anyway what's the favoured conspiracy theory then that people want to use to explain the channel's demise?
25-02-2015 22:14
barracuda Offline
Master Poster

Why are people making such a mountain out of a molehill over tweeting? I find it hard to believe that even the most constant tweeting round the clock would have done anything to save this Euro Babes show.

Does anyone really believe that the success of this show depended on tweeting?

Maybe they should have tweeted a bit more. It wouldn't have helped the call stats, but at least it would have thwarted the conspiracy theorists.
25-02-2015 22:22
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(25-02-2015 22:14 )Prince Henry Sinclair Wrote:  I don't think admin meant they couldn't tweet, should they have wanted to.

Exactly, so why would they not want to?

Given that tweeting is the easiest promotional medium they have. And it costs nothing.
25-02-2015 22:25
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well done to ETV for last nights show, there didn't appear to be as many exclusive only's fucking the show up so I hope they keep this trend going.

With regards to the possibility of ETV broadcasting on SKY but on a separate feed, all I have to say on that one is - No fucking deal, stick your patronising idea right up where the sun don't shine. Not fucking interested.

I'm glad ETV has been axed on SKY, ofcourse the call volume was going to be low as the show was shite, as a consequence so was the shows on Astra/Hotbird and web too. Good riddance.

Until such point that ofcom stop acting like cunts then steer well clear of SKY.
25-02-2015 22:27
Glenn Miller Offline
Senior Poster

(25-02-2015 22:04 )schvall Wrote:  I seem to be alone here in not being surprisied it only lasted 6 days.

No, I wasn't surprised. I'm being honest here! I only saw it once but it looked like a disaster to me.

I find it easy to believe it got no calls.
25-02-2015 22:29
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66