Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average

New channel launch

HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

RE: New channel launch
Do we know if ETV is part of this group that cellcast put 1million pound into last year that would explain the heavy selling of it by BS.

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
31-01-2015 19:51
Find all posts by this user
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

To echoe the sentiments of Mr Mystery's post it would appear that cellcast have perhaps been involved in some sort of merger, that being then Babestation may also wish to as a return way broadcast their shows also on the Astra/Hotbird satellites. Maybe some sort of babe exchange programme could be on the cards.

(31-01-2015 19:01 )Slick84 Wrote:  The issue is slightly different. ETV's models, unlike those on UK channels, are, for the most part, "normal" girls who keep this job well hidden from family & friends.

Therefore, both the Liveshow forum and ETV's own website are not accessible by IPs from that country. That way, their own countrymen can't "accidentally" find them, let's say.

As for this information, for the time being I'll take your word for it as it could very well be fact, the only problem is that if as I've suggested above that some of the babes could perhaps be part of an exchange programme then some of the BS Caps and vids could also be subject to changes at the request of some of the various babes.
31-01-2015 20:01
Vic_Smith Offline
Senior Poster

(30-01-2015 17:26 )mr mystery Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 16:53 )Will Drifter Wrote:  No. All the babe shows broadcast on Sky have to comply with Ofcom regulations, so this is no different to any other channel.

Babe channels or regular tv channels that broadcast on Sky and also freeview don't have to fully comply with Ofcom regulations if they don't have a Ofcom licence .
BS1 on Sky Ch 906 and the BS freeview channels 172, 173, 174 all have a Dutch license and are regulated by the Dutch regulator NICAM and not Ofcom, this is why BS can start broadcasting from 10pm on freeview, 2 hours before Ofcom rules allow adult chat babe channels they regulate to start broadcasting on freeview.
This Dutch license is why they can show girls on Sky ch 906 simulating sex acts, ie having a orgasm and rubbing their pussy's etc, this wouldn't be allowed under Ofcom rules, sadly Sky Ch 945 currently called "Babes From TV" has a Ofcom license .

Interesting. I've always been confused by the licensing situation. If BS can broadcast on a Sky channel number using a Dutch license free from Ofcom regs, why can't ETV lease channel space on 28.2E and use their existing license to broadcast the same strength show as on the other satellites? If I'm reading it correctly, you don't need an Ofcom license to broadcast from 28.2, so why do ETV need one?
31-01-2015 20:23
301 Offline
Senior Poster

If channels broadcast to a country using a foreign license they still need to follow the target country's rules I think. However the target country's regulator can only complain to the foreign regulator who may be less strict and not agree with whatever ofcom says if there is a complaint. This is why Babestation 1 can go slightly further with their Dutch License.
31-01-2015 20:33
Charlemagne Offline

What are ETV going to do differently this time?
Because their last Sky channel venture ended in failure.

However last time, I used to enjoy the open stage format. And we did see a totally different set of girls.

But the closed door policy regarding caps & vids or indeed the lack of information other than their paysite was annoying.
For example, I bet Darren and Circles have trouble finding the girls twitter pages.
31-01-2015 20:34
dave charleston Offline
Apprentice Poster

(31-01-2015 16:26 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  they will face stiff competition next week in the shape of eurotic tv

If you're pessimistic about the quality of show likely to be on offer from ETV, what makes you think they will be stiff competition for the other channels?
31-01-2015 20:39
Slick84 Offline
Junior Poster

(31-01-2015 20:34 )Charlemagne Wrote:  For example, I bet Darren and Circles have trouble finding the girls twitter pages.

That's because they don't have any. Everything is filtered through their Website and apart from messages and calls during the TV show there is no other interaction.

Like I said in my earlier post, most of them have never even worked in this field, so don't expect a Dionne Daniels motioning you to spank your junk. Moreover, ETV are more and more pushing the "art" aspect over the "nakedness" these times (no doubt to prepare their existing customer to the upcoming tameness).

The funny thing is that they often mention, in their public posts, how different they are from the "vulgar" UK channels.
31-01-2015 20:40
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

good info here

http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/t...idance.pdf

intersting bit on pg 3

7. Please note that even if Ofcom were to grant a TLCS licence there is no
guarantee that one of the satellite or cable platform providers could or would
3carry your service/channel. Therefore, you may like to contact one of the
platform providers in the first instance to secure capacity. There may be
further costs involved with any arrangements you make with the platform
providers – and you would need to contact them for further information about
these costs and the types of contractual obligations that may be imposed.

Maybe its a thing that Sky require you to get a licence before you can get space

also look at page 7-8 defines the three type of content allowable

A teleshopping service is a service which consists of teleshopping.
Teleshopping (also known as home shopping, advertorials, infomercials, etc)
is a particular form of advertising involving the broadcast of direct offers to the
public with a view to the supply of goods or services in return for payment.
Spot advertising and teleshopping for other products and services are
permitted on teleshopping services up to same limits as for editorial services.
For the avoidance of doubt, teleshopping services may not broadcast material
(other than permitted advertising) which does not contain direct offers to the
public. A teleshopping service may therefore not contain any conventional
programme elements such as news, sport, films, documentaries or drama,
etc. Teleshopping services are category E licences for the purposes of
Ofcom’s Statement of Charging Principles

and

Adult chat, adult sex chat and psychic programming are categorised as
teleshopping. The BCAP code requires that these types of services areAdult chat, adult sex chat and psychic programming are categorised asteleshopping. The BCAP code requires that these types of services are
specifically licensed for the purpose. 3

If you intend to include this programming
as part of your proposed service the annex to your licence will include a reference
to the provision of such programming

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
31-01-2015 20:43
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

So basically if your teleshopping you have to have abide by UK rules and guessing Sky wont let you broadcast on the EPG without a licence

31-01-2015 20:44
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(31-01-2015 20:23 )Vic_Smith Wrote:  
(30-01-2015 17:26 )mr mystery Wrote:  

Interesting. I've always been confused by the licensing situation. If BS can broadcast on a Sky channel number using a Dutch license free from Ofcom regs, why can't ETV lease channel space on 28.2E and use their existing license to broadcast the same strength show as on the other satellites? If I'm reading it correctly, you don't need an Ofcom license to broadcast from 28.2, so why do ETV need one?

ETV could broadcast on Sky or freeview using the licence of their host country if they wanted , i'm not sure if they could use their existing licence or they would need to apply and pay for a new one to broadcast on Sky TV ?.

Under current EU laws safeguarding the common market EU TV channel broadcasters can broadcast to the UK via Sky and freeview using a licence granted by it's host country, these channels are then regulated by the country which granted their licence, in Babestations case "NICAM". the Dutch regulator

Ofcom have said themselves they are powerless to ban or block BS channels that are licensed in the Netherlands but broadcast to the UK, this has been discussed to great lengths in other parts of this forum when Ofcom complained to the Dutch regulator concerning BS broadcasting before 12am on freeview and breaking Ofcom's rules.
Nicam more or less told Ofcom to fuck off, and continue to let BS broadcast on freeview 2 hours before Ofcom rules allow .

My understanding is overseas regulators have to take note of UK laws when regulating channels that target the UK, but they don't have to abide fully with Ofcom teleshoping rules, hence why BS can broadcast adult content phone in babe shows that break Ofcom teleshopping rules, ie broadcast 2 hours before Ofcom rules allow adult chat phone in babe channels to broadcast on freeview, and the slightly harder content shown on Sky 906 that also breaks Ofcom rules .

PS, BS are not breaking any UK laws by broadcasting topless girls on freeview after the watershed but before 12am, or what they show on Sky 906, but they do break Ofcom teleshopping rules, and can do so because they don't have a Ofcom teleshopping licence in the first place .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2015 22:23 by mr mystery.)
31-01-2015 21:15
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV