Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Babe channel economics

mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Babe channel economics
Don't know about off screen women but they(channels) are certainly pushing you more to their cam sites by offering perv cam and promoting who is on cam on their shows

(13-11-2013 22:28 )eccles Wrote:  Don't the channels make a lot of their income from connection to off screen women?
14-11-2013 00:16
Find all posts by this user
Ree's No.1 fan Offline
But not exclusively

(14-11-2013 00:16 )mikedafc Wrote:  Don't know about off screen women but they(channels) are certainly pushing you more to their cam sites by offering perv cam and promoting who is on cam on their shows

(13-11-2013 22:28 )eccles Wrote:  Don't the channels make a lot of their income from connection to off screen women?

That certainly seems to be a trend in recent times - promoting web cam dimension - although it isn't one I've followed. The prospect of one of your favourite TV babes going that bit further just for you must be a very appealing prospect. I know that Ree Petra and Sammie Pennington just do web cams now and I'm sure that there are plenty more performers who used to be on TV who just do webcam now. Presumably webcam performers take a larger proportion of the income generated from calls as they don't have the costs of studios etc.

Is this the future of adult chat that will lead to the decline of TV stations?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ree Petra was very dirty...but also very clean!
14-11-2013 13:20
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

No, very little I would think. The companies that provide the "off screen women" take most of the revenue from those calls, leaving the channels that happen to send phone traffic their way with only a modest share.
14-11-2013 15:17
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(14-11-2013 13:20 )Rees No.1 fan Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 00:16 )mikedafc Wrote:  Don't know about off screen women but they(channels) are certainly pushing you more to their cam sites by offering perv cam and promoting who is on cam on their shows

That certainly seems to be a trend in recent times - promoting web cam dimension - although it isn't one I've followed. The prospect of one of your favourite TV babes going that bit further just for you must be a very appealing prospect. I know that Ree Petra and Sammie Pennington just do web cams now and I'm sure that there are plenty more performers who used to be on TV who just do webcam now. Presumably webcam performers take a larger proportion of the income generated from calls as they don't have the costs of studios etc.

Is this the future of adult chat that will lead to the decline of TV stations?

The tv shows will still be needed in order to recruit new fans, and for new girls to build up a fanbase.
14-11-2013 19:37
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(14-11-2013 15:17 )BarrieBF Wrote:  

No, very little I would think. The companies that provide the "off screen women" take most of the revenue from those calls, leaving the channels that happen to send phone traffic their way with only a modest share.

Arent they run by the same company in some cases?

Gone fishing
14-11-2013 23:07
Ree's No.1 fan Offline
But not exclusively

(14-11-2013 19:37 )TheWatcher Wrote:  The tv shows will still be needed in order to recruit new fans, and for new girls to build up a fanbase.

I think that is probably right about the television shows being needed to recruit new fans and for new girls to build up a fan base although perhaps that is becoming less important? Don't platforms like AW and MFC provide sufficient economic opportunities alongside other forms of media for performers to build up a fan base? Are the TV shows becoming a transition phase during a relatively short career in the glamour industry?

14-11-2013 23:27
broncobilly10 Offline
Posting Machine

I think the connection charge shkuld be done away with
14-11-2013 23:52
Ree's No.1 fan Offline
But not exclusively

(14-11-2013 23:52 )Broncobilly Wrote:  I think the connection charge shkuld be done away with

I quite agree that the connection charge should be eliminated - why is it there?

15-11-2013 00:02
broncobilly10 Offline
Posting Machine

To call the shows from ireland is prohibitively expensive but if they got rid of the.charge it would help
15-11-2013 00:06
mickster Offline
Posting Machine

The reason major supermarkets can offer deals on name brands ,is because ,if they bulk buy in large enough quantities ,the suppliers give massive discounts to them .This is then passed on to the consumer ,by way of half price ,buy one get one free etc.Other stock is then marked up slightly higher in price , the "plan" is customers come for the special offers and hopefully buy some other marked up stock while they are in the supermarket .
Trust me I've worked in the industry .
I agree with the comparison ,that the cheap phone rates are designed to entice the callers in ,then hopefully they'll call again when it's full price .
The major babe channels are having to do this ,otherwise Storm and XXXpanded will take the majority of the calls .
Realistically ,most people in the UK are having a hard time with finances ,higher bills , food prices , etc. So phone sex is currently not going to be top of the priority list .Also the largest market audience I would imagine to be , is the youth market and currently the youth unemployment in the UK is at record levels .
Recently the number of babe channels shrank by 4 channels and the remaining channels are still struggling , judging by the amount of phone waving and microphone appeals for callers .
15-11-2013 01:46
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV