Posting Machine

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
Epic lineup tonight, with anything epic happening on Freeview only Sad
28-05-2015 20:04
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

I fear that "epic" has through over-use become meaningless hyperbole (like the similarly loathed term "iconic" ).
28-05-2015 20:14
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(28-05-2015 20:03 )M-L-L Wrote:  This may have been raised and answered before, so please excuse the ignorance if so :

but from a "protection from harm" standpoint I don't see why Ofcom would dictate level content/camera angles etc on Sky should be "watered down" more than the content shown on Freeview ?

I'd have assumed it's more likely that people would "stumble" across these channels on Freeview and then complain than they would on Sky ?
I believe these channels are well down the list of EPG numbers on Sky - unlike Freeview where they are randomly sandwiched in the 170s between loads of stuff either side and also I assume with Sky you can set parental controls on these channels ?

Whereas there's no such default Parental Control on viewing Freeview that I've noticed, I'd have to actively switch it on my TV settings.

Somewhere on Ofcom's website they do mention that freeview TV viewers including under 18's are more likely to stumble on the babe channels by accident than the Sky TV viewers.
Ofcom mention most of the stuff you have mentioned as well, that's why Ofcom only permit adult content free to air phone in babe channels to broadcast on freeview after 12am, (when they think children have gone to bed) whereas on Sky they permit adult content phone in babe channels to broadcast after 9pm .

The BS channels that broadcast on freeview before 12am can do so because they have a Dutch licence, and Ofcom can't do anything about it.(they tried and failed Big Grin)

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
28-05-2015 20:23
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

^ OK thanks.
That's why I think the splitting/different content levels of certain shows between Freeview and Sky can't be due to regulatory pressure.
Even if it was, it wouldn't stop them showing the "less tame" shows on the web would it ?
So that all suggests to me it is a decision to do so by BS and by BS alone ?
28-05-2015 20:27
gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

^It's obvious, they're doing it so Jimmy's head will explode from doing all the angry faces.Big Grin

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 20:43 by gunnar.)
28-05-2015 20:41
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

(28-05-2015 20:41 )gunnar Wrote:  ^It's obvious, they're doing it so Jimmy's head will explode from doing all the angry faces.Big Grin

^ but how do they make any money out of that ?
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 21:50 by M-L-L.)
28-05-2015 20:50
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

(28-05-2015 20:50 )M-L-L Wrote:  ^ but how do they make any money out of that ?

Ok so just suppose that their stats show them call patterns from different platforms at different times. They may be able to see that when a girl is on sky exclusively her call stats are Z and when exclusively on Freeview Zx3. Now if they also show that when she's on both platforms they are Zx2 that may give them the financial incentive to put her on Freeview exclusively.

All supposition and its dreaded call stats but if what they said to me was true then it has to be financial in my opinion for them to do it.
28-05-2015 21:18
HEX!T Away
Retired

more like maximizing there profits in the short amount of time they have on freeview to make any real money.
remember there peak caller time is between 11pm and 2:am and they cant broadcast till 12am on FV. so they increase the strength in the hope of getting more viewers/callers in that first 1-2 hours. trying to maxamise the value of the freeview license.
i dunno if they channel share on fv or if its a dedicated channel that babestation have. if its the latter maximizing profit from FV will be even more important..

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
28-05-2015 21:19
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

(28-05-2015 21:18 )SecretAgent Wrote:  They may be able to see that when a girl is on sky exclusively her call stats are Z and when exclusively on Freeview Zx3. Now if they also show that when she's on both platforms they are Zx2 that may give them the financial incentive to put her on Freeview exclusively.

All supposition and its dreaded call stats but if what they said to me was true then it has to be financial in my opinion for them to do it.

Don't disagree with your logic and explanation or opinion about their motive being financial but to be devil's advocate to even my own post - doesn't explain why Sky doesn't seem to have a similar "increase in content level " (eg. panties off) between 10pm and 12am when Freeview isn't on ? I assume it doesn't otherwise there wouldn't be so many irate Sky viewers.

Wouldn't that similarly maximise the Sky call revenues in a concentrated busy period (when FV viewers are not viewing or calling) and stop Sky viewers complaining of being short changed that they're getting a tamer level of content ?
Ok strictly it's Sky and web combined when FV not on- but it might be supposed that a majority of the FV callers between midnight and 2am are not viewing/calling via web at other times when the shows are not on FV - otherwise there wouldn't be a spike of FV call/volumes at the midnight start ?

Seems counter intuitive that actually restricting the number of platforms a show can be viewed on would increase the call volumes ?
28-05-2015 22:01
Scorpio Offline
Senior Poster

Tonight On RedLightCentral Surprised I Mean BabestationTV eek

image host
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 22:12 by Scorpio.)
28-05-2015 22:11

Click here to watch Babestation TV