Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

New Age Verification System For Web Site

southlondonphil Offline
Master Poster

RE: New Age Verification System For Web Site
(27-02-2013 12:51 )mr mystery Wrote:  The UK regulators do not recognize age verified phones to be sufficient in providing proof of age,

Who does regard it as sufficient then, may I ask? Surely the age verification system for phones has been approved by somebody somewhere or if not why is it being used?
27-02-2013 13:03
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(27-02-2013 13:03 )southlondonphil Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 12:51 )mr mystery Wrote:  The UK regulators do not recognize age verified phones to be sufficient in providing proof of age,

Who does regard it as sufficient then, may I ask? Surely the age verification system for phones has been approved by somebody somewhere or if not why is it being used?

I haven't got a clue mate, it's a stupid decision on Ofcom's part in my book, BSX uses this mobile phone age verification method as proof of age when people pay for the BSX tv shows , ATVOD's website rules may not be the same anyway .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 13:20 by mr mystery.)
27-02-2013 13:09
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(27-02-2013 13:09 )mr mystery Wrote:  ATVOD's website rules may not be the same anyway .

ATVOD accept a credit card as satisfactory age verification, unless they have changed their rules recently, but the problem with Studio 66 may be that they also accept debit cards? If they allow signups with debit cards then that is definitely not acceptable to ATVOD as a method of age verification.
27-02-2013 14:20
darren73 Offline
Picture Posting God

Just looked at the atvod web site to see if there were any changes none since last may here a interesting bit.

Provided the material is not illegal, content which ATVOD considers falls under this Rule
(i.e. ‘material which might seriously impair the physical, mental or moral development
of persons under the age of eighteen’) may be made available in an on demand
programme service provided access is controlled in a manner which secures that persons
under eighteen ‘will not normally see or hear’ such material.
ATVOD’s provisional interpretation of this requirement is that there should be in place an
effective Content Access Control System (“CAC System”) which verifies that the user is
aged 18 or over at the point of registration or access by the mandatory use of technical tools
for age verification and, if age verification does not take place each time the user returns to
the service, controls further access to such content when the user returns to the service by
the use of mandatory security controls such as passwords or PIN numbers.
Technical tools which may be acceptable for age verification purposes include:
 Confirmation of credit card ownership or other form of payment where mandatory
proof that the holder is 18 or over is required prior to issue.21
 A reputable personal digital identity management service which uses checks on an
independent and reliable database, such as the electoral roll.
 Other comparable proof of account ownership which effectively verifies age.
Where they are required, CAC Systems must be fit for purpose and effectively managed so
as to ensure that in ATVOD’s opinion persons under the age of eighteen will not normally
see or hear material which “might seriously impair”. ATVOD will consider the adequacy and
effectiveness of CAC Systems on a case by case basis and keep them under review in the
context of on-demand programme services.
As regards who is responsible for any required CAC Systems, including ensuring they are
operating effectively, ATVOD’s ‘Guidance on who needs to notify’ explains how to determine
the person with ‘editorial responsibility’ for the on demand programme service.
21 ATVOD will not regard confirmation of ownership of a Debit, Solo or Electron card or any other card where the
card holder is not required to be 18 or over to be verification that a user of a service is aged 18 or over

This was Published 3 May 2012 so why has studio 66 waited so long to do something about it.It's probably when they got busted by ofcom they thought they better do something about it still no word from the studio 66 rep and still nothing on the web site saying why the xxx content has been

Forum awards picture posting winner 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2023

Also Scarlett Jones PA on the forum
27-02-2013 14:53
trevor format Offline
Master Poster

(26-02-2013 19:00 )MONEY BANG Wrote:  How do automated Age verification systems work? Do they not require more personal information other than a credit/debit card number and date of birth?

Yes they need your address.
27-02-2013 18:52
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(27-02-2013 18:52 )trevor format Wrote:  Yes they need your address.

In which case I assume they check the electoral register or your credit report or both of them.
28-02-2013 14:28
gingerbloke Offline
Trainee Stud

I've had enough of this overrated channel theres only about three girls i have time for anyway......there shit on the website that we have to pay premium rates for and even worse on the tv and as for that @home load of bollocks........me thinks cancel my subscription and spend more time watching Redlight girls who in my opinion blow the Studio 66 girls apart............

Free speech is a democratic right so I will say what I feel is right.... I'm not here to gain brownie points
01-03-2013 19:39
whizzer Offline
Senior Poster

Don't some bank cards now include age verification anyway to show that the holder is at least 18?
02-03-2013 12:09
dazzab Offline
Senior Poster

Time for me to cancel i think, hope you people at Studio66 know your gonna lose a fair bit of money here.
02-03-2013 12:25
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

(02-03-2013 12:25 )dazzab Wrote:  hope you people at Studio66 know your gonna lose a fair bit of money here.

Studio 66 don't invent the rules, they are merely subject to them, so I suppose there isn't anything they can do except comply with what the law requires.
02-03-2013 12:49

Click here to watch Studio 66