babestation harem

Click here to watch Babestation TV

Poll: Is all the plugging ruining BS viewing?
This poll is closed.
YES 76.09% 105 76.09%
NO 15.22% 21 15.22%
NOT BOTHERED 8.70% 12 8.70%
Total 138 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average

Are BS taking the piss with all the advertising?

rogerthedoger Offline
The Muffin Man

RE: Are BS taking the piss with all the advertising?
babestation don't need some one on the mic ever night every 5 mins some one is poping up when a babe is on its annoring lose the mic every 5 mins stop keep showing pictures of the babe that is on if we want to buy pictures we no how to buy them

we should all get in contact with babestation and complain about it the more complains the more babestation will take note and do somethink about it
23-11-2010 08:28
Find all posts by this user
mrichie10 Away
Banned

Duobt it will make a difference but we still can try
23-11-2010 11:52
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(20-11-2010 09:32 )bytor Wrote:  
(20-11-2010 02:46 )vila Wrote:  This is why I suggested that posters say which platform they watch - the Xtreme promos are only shown on Freeview and they come every 7 or 8 minutes, sometimes even closer.

No they are not; we get bombarded with xtreme ads about 1/2 an hour before they let the masses in! What annoys me is if you watch on sky you couldn't even watch xtreme even if you wanted too.
Have no problem with them advertising things, it is the frequency of the interuptions that I find unacceptable. We can get full screen adverts, Xtreme adverts and Geri interupting every 2 minutes also.

I thought I replied to this ages ago, but apparently not, so here goes:

The web stream is taken directly from Sky, and from that I can see that there are no Xtreme adverts on BS1. I have also had this confirmed by a Sky viewer who says that they aren't shown on Sky BSXtra either. All that ever appears on Sky are the announcements about Xtreme and its nightly content which the host girl does on the mic, sometimes with the video wall behind her or as a voice-over while a video plays full screen. What I'm referring to as Xtreme promos are the pre-recorded video adverts that Freeview is plagued with in between all the other interruptions. They smack onto the screen with no warning (at least the host announcements fade in), are usually markedly louder than the normal programme content and often start with bright white/yellow/orange flashing imagery and sometimes with an explosive sound effect. In the early part of the night there's one of those for every mic announcement and later the ratio increases to two or three. Lately they've started playing these in combinations of 2, 3 or even 4 at a time without a break.

I often watch the the web stream during the run up to Freeview's 11pm start (which is what I assume you mean by when "they let the masses in") and I don't remember seeing much, if any, mention of Xtreme at that time. The Xtreme announcements on BS1 are most frequent during the build up to Xtreme's midnight start time and for a period afterwards. Freeview gets those too and also the video ads in between them as I've said (i.e. twice as many interruptions). If you think the frequency of interruptions on Sky is unacceptable you haven't lived.

At the time I made my post, FV was also getting half-height animated OSGs advertising Xtreme, which came in between the host announcements, Xtreme promos and picture adverts. At normal speed they lasted at their full height for about 20 seconds, which is bad enough (count it), but as the night progressed they were slowed to about a 5th of the normal speed so they lasted about 2 minutes. To compound the whole thing they used to play them 2 or 3 at a time, separated by only a few seconds. That's half the screen blanked off for effectively 4-6 minutes. Thankfully these seem to have ceased and been replaced by items a bit less intrusive. (I just hope I'm not being premature in saying that.)

As for the usefulness of advertising Xtreme on Sky, it's only a small proportion of Sky viewers who can't receive the channel. No doubt Cellcast have paid attention to the latest statistics from Ofcom, which show that as at the midpoint of this year just over 66% of Sky subscribers also have Freeview. They would be stupid to ignore a potential audience of that size.

It's Freeviewers who suffer most in this situation - their viewing experience has been ruined since the advent of Xtreme.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2010 09:13 by vila.)
07-12-2010 09:12
jimmyt73 Offline
Lola Knight fan

sorry people have just voted no by mistake i for one find the constant interuptions most off putting i havent got freeview so constant advertising of content is of no use to me. how about giving us a sky only babe show so these interuptions can be avoided.
i would also like to say i have nothing against any of the presenters but are they really necessary on a night time babe show
Cool

im always open to positive change
08-12-2010 01:27
mrichie10 Away
Banned

i guess babestation aint paid no attention to this thread they were taking the piss, but now they taking a shit on our expense

(07-12-2010 09:12 )vila Wrote:  
(20-11-2010 09:32 )bytor Wrote:  
(20-11-2010 02:46 )vila Wrote:  This is why I suggested that posters say which platform they watch - the Xtreme promos are only shown on Freeview and they come every 7 or 8 minutes, sometimes even closer.

No they are not; we get bombarded with xtreme ads about 1/2 an hour before they let the masses in! What annoys me is if you watch on sky you couldn't even watch xtreme even if you wanted too.
Have no problem with them advertising things, it is the frequency of the interuptions that I find unacceptable. We can get full screen adverts, Xtreme adverts and Geri interupting every 2 minutes also.

I thought I replied to this ages ago, but apparently not, so here goes:

The web stream is taken directly from Sky, and from that I can see that there are no Xtreme adverts on BS1. I have also had this confirmed by a Sky viewer who says that they aren't shown on Sky BSXtra either. All that ever appears on Sky are the announcements about Xtreme and its nightly content which the host girl does on the mic, sometimes with the video wall behind her or as a voice-over while a video plays full screen. What I'm referring to as Xtreme promos are the pre-recorded video adverts that Freeview is plagued with in between all the other interruptions. They smack onto the screen with no warning (at least the host announcements fade in), are usually markedly louder than the normal programme content and often start with bright white/yellow/orange flashing imagery and sometimes with an explosive sound effect. In the early part of the night there's one of those for every mic announcement and later the ratio increases to two or three. Lately they've started playing these in combinations of 2, 3 or even 4 at a time without a break.

I often watch the the web stream during the run up to Freeview's 11pm start (which is what I assume you mean by when "they let the masses in") and I don't remember seeing much, if any, mention of Xtreme at that time. The Xtreme announcements on BS1 are most frequent during the build up to Xtreme's midnight start time and for a period afterwards. Freeview gets those too and also the video ads in between them as I've said (i.e. twice as many interruptions). If you think the frequency of interruptions on Sky is unacceptable you haven't lived.

At the time I made my post, FV was also getting half-height animated OSGs advertising Xtreme, which came in between the host announcements, Xtreme promos and picture adverts. At normal speed they lasted at their full height for about 20 seconds, which is bad enough (count it), but as the night progressed they were slowed to about a 5th of the normal speed so they lasted about 2 minutes. To compound the whole thing they used to play them 2 or 3 at a time, separated by only a few seconds. That's half the screen blanked off for effectively 4-6 minutes. Thankfully these seem to have ceased and been replaced by items a bit less intrusive. (I just hope I'm not being premature in saying that.)

As for the usefulness of advertising Xtreme on Sky, it's only a small proportion of Sky viewers who can't receive the channel. No doubt Cellcast have paid attention to the latest statistics from Ofcom, which show that as at the midpoint of this year just over 66% of Sky subscribers also have Freeview. They would be stupid to ignore a potential audience of that size.

It's Freeviewers who suffer most in this situation - their viewing experience has been ruined since the advent of Xtreme.

So i guess that makes it okay then annoyed, i'm a skyviewer and i can assure you when i watch every 15 minutes interuptions happens which is annoying and i'm getting sick of it now otha babechannels don't do this at all Important

A great point by bytor that skyviewers cannot view babestation extreme so why are there advertising it on there that dosent make any sense to me at all cause the people who have freeview don't have sky so it's not advertise to them and they are the only ones who can watch it
09-12-2010 01:54
HEX!T Away
Retired

1 solution complain to the asa if theres a case to answer they can do something about it.. as far as i know there only allowed to advertise for a certain number of minutes per hour.
so sum1 with more basic law knowledge should look into that.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
09-12-2010 02:13
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(09-12-2010 01:54 )mrichie10 Wrote:  
(07-12-2010 09:12 )vila Wrote:  As for the usefulness of advertising Xtreme on Sky, it's only a small proportion of Sky viewers who can't receive the channel. No doubt Cellcast have paid attention to the latest statistics from Ofcom, which show that as at the midpoint of this year just over 66% of Sky subscribers also have Freeview. They would be stupid to ignore a potential audience of that size.

A great point by bytor that skyviewers cannot view babestation extreme so why are there advertising it on there that dosent make any sense to me at all cause the people who have freeview don't have sky so it's not advertise to them and they are the only ones who can watch it

Perhaps you shoud have actually READ my post before replying?
09-12-2010 02:34
mrichie10 Away
Banned

Thanks for putting it in red not that it makes much difference at all, most skyviewers have 18+ channels which include adult,playboy tvx & also red hot tv which unfortunately babestation extreme dose not under no circumstances compared!

And it still is a great point by bytor
09-12-2010 02:43
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(09-12-2010 02:13 )HEX!T Wrote:  1 solution complain to the asa if theres a case to answer they can do something about it.. as far as i know there only allowed to advertise for a certain number of minutes per hour.
so sum1 with more basic law knowledge should look into that.

Unfortunately, as I understand it, the entire output of the babe channels is now regarded as advertising. I don't know if there is any system of classifying different sorts of advertising within the overall programming. I remember that Ofcom were origially trying to cut down on the advertising content and that when the new rules were published someone commented that they would actually be more likely to increase the amount of advertising.
09-12-2010 02:43
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(09-12-2010 02:43 )mrichie10 Wrote:  Thanks for putting it in red not that it makes much difference at all, most skyviewers have 18+ channels which include adult,playboy tvx & also red hot tv which unfortunately babestation extreme dose not under no circumstances compared!

Which in no way justifies your inaccurate statement that "skyviewers cannot view babestation extreme". Over 66% of them can.
09-12-2010 02:46
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV