Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average

Darts

Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

RE: Darts
(14-01-2019 15:45 )Doddle Wrote:  
(14-01-2019 15:15 )Robot Devil Wrote:  If the whole LOT qualify though, God knows what next year's Lakeside will look like. Richard Veenstra winning, maybe? Or Mandigers.

Gary Robson vs Ross Montgomery! Surprisedlaugh

Oh mate, Dod, I REALLY needed that Bounce That would be a final for the ages. Even with a heavily reduced field neither of them would still make the quarters. But what a frightening prospect!

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
14-01-2019 16:32
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(14-01-2019 15:15 )Robot Devil Wrote:  The thing is the BDO players are - largely - very good darts players. But the organisation itself is run poorly. Stuck in the past, run on the cheap, and lacking in any fresh ideas. And that, subsequently, reflects badly on the players.

I fully expect several of the Q-School attendees to get their PDC tour cards. Durrant, Williams, Waites, Whitehead, & McKinstry all should, relatively comfortably. I've never been sold on McGeeney, but he has an outside chance.

If the whole LOT qualify though, God knows what next year's Lakeside will look like. Richard Veenstra winning, maybe? Or Mandigers.

If Michael Unterbuchner wins it the whole crowd would be streaking they have waited so long for a German winner objects would be flying all over the place.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
15-01-2019 00:18
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

https://dartsnews.com/tournament-statist...is-better/

Interesting comparison between PDC and BDC World Championships shows overall the difference is nowhere near as big as perceived
17-01-2019 00:23
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Van Gerwen won the Masters again last night apparently.

Whilst Gary Anderson is out of the Premier League.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
04-02-2019 15:54
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

^ tournament was on ITV4 and MVG beat David Chisnall in the final. Gary Anderson is still troubled by a back problem so will be replaced by guest players in the Premier League https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/darts/47115773
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019 17:55 by mikedafc.)
04-02-2019 17:54
Geriisgreat Offline
Posting Machine

Premier league is back so far tonight
James wade beat rvb 7-4
And Mr tool gwern price beat Darryl gurney 7-4
Next up Chris dobey against mensur suljovic

Lovely cali garcia may have left but loving caty cole v2 Beth jess and atlanta
07-02-2019 21:32
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Wade beat van Gerwen in the Premier League

UK Open coverage on ITV4 this afternoon & evening (and probably over the weekend etc)

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
01-03-2019 08:47
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

Raymond Van Barneveld has announced his retirement from Darts after poor performances in the last 2 days of PL Darts thus meaning he will not be competing in next year's World Championship hate to say it but the fans was right they said Barney didn't belong in the Premier League and he proved he didn't very sad very sad.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2019 00:52 by Kingsmind.)
29-03-2019 00:51
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

It is sad to see him go. Darts is the biggest loser of his retirement and will be poorer without him as we won't see his type on the oche again. What he has achieved in the sport and the profile he has helped give it is nothing short of pure greatness. He is one darts biggest characters who can sit proudly alongside Phil Taylor, Eric Bristow, John Lowe, Jocky Wilson and can safely say; - "I did it all."

To an extent I'd say it is time that the PDC & BDO settled their differences and darts comes together as a sport on the whole, and is run, back under one organisation again. If it was ever serious about wanting to achieve Olympics status, then that for me would be the way forward, to do so. It something I'd love to see darts players from both organisations competing together in one world championship, but sadly I know it will never happen.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
29-03-2019 08:16
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Give him his due, Barney was a great player.

29-03-2019 08:53