Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

RE: Elite TV - General Chat & Discussion
i've had my say in the Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator thread
04-05-2012 15:45
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
terence Offline

^^^^how many more times, they still have to abide by ofcoms rules. the only difference is when they breach ofcoms rules they are harder to prosecute because of the dutch licence. but as far as i can see NOBODY'S breaching ofcoms rule at the moment so the whole argument is a moot point!

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 15:49 by terence.)
04-05-2012 15:46
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Don Tingley Offline
Retired

I never answered my own question, but mr mystery did...

(04-05-2012 15:27 )mr mystery Wrote:  Ofcom are complaining to the Dutch regulator (NICAM) about the pre 12am start time of the BS channels on freeview with the Dutch licence , BS extra in particular starts 2 hours before Ofcom allow babe channels to start on freeview, it starts at 10pm , but content is regulated at all times by Ofcom because the feed is the same as Ofcom regulated Sky channel 910 . The rules content wise are the same for Elite and BS , the Dutch licence only allows them to start earlier than Ofcom regulated freeview channels .

Also, let's not forget shows like these from RLC's freeview channel which is regulated by the exact same people as Elite...

[Image: image.jpg]

Whether it's the girls themselves or the producers or both, Elite don't air shows like PBTV and BS because they choose not to.

They all have the same rules.
04-05-2012 15:48
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(04-05-2012 15:46 )terence Wrote:  ^^^^how many times, they still have to abide by ofcoms rules. the only difference is when they breach ofcoms rules they are harder to prosecute. but as far as i can see NOBODY'S breaching ofcoms rule at the moment so the whole argument is a moot point!

This is another example of why Elite is slacking, most of the time. If what Babestation is currently showing is not in breach, then Elite's producers are playing it extra safe out of paranoia. They are afraid of slips happening, which will end uo costing them in the end, as someone will surely complain.

Maybe they are just being more lenient to certain women, and less with others if they suspect they will do blatant slips on purpose.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 15:51 by mrmann.)
04-05-2012 15:49
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

Moving away from that now. Tonight see's the start of tori black's next guest stint on elite, hopefully will be as good as her 1st guest stint. Hope they let her and Paige share a set together

Elite aren't playing it safe cause of paranoia, they are playing it safe because in the fairly recent past they got heavily targeted by ofcom and got some punishment. As a result elite toned down their shows to try and avoid ofcom's wrath again and at the moment seems to be working as elite hasn't had any real punishment in ages or a complaint against them has been thrown out

Piper Niven Superfan
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 15:54 by Rammyrascal.)
04-05-2012 15:50
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(04-05-2012 15:31 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  You've answered your own question. Babestation dont come under ofcom's rules, they come under the juristiction of the Dutch version of ofcom and ofcom can't punish bs for any complaints they get which is why they are speaking to the Dutch ofcom to see what can be done. Different regulators yes different rules yes

Right Rammy , BS 1 on freeview Ch 93 has a Ofcom licence and is regulated by Ofcom , not the Dutch regulator ,it's the same feed as Sky Ch 906 so BS1 on Sky has to adhere to the same Ofcom rules as Elite , BS Blue/Diirty Wives/Apprentice has a Ofcom licence on Sky and freeview , BSXtra on Sky has a Ofcom licence not Dutch . So Ofcom can punish BS because they do regulate their channels .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
04-05-2012 15:52
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

(04-05-2012 15:50 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Moving away from that now. Tonight see's the start of tori black's next guest stint on elite, hopefully will be as good as her 1st guest stint. Hope they let her and Paige share a set together

And hopefully they leave the mic on again laugh
04-05-2012 15:53
cmiller Offline
Ofcom can suck my sweaty balls

Tori Black is back?! Big Grin
04-05-2012 15:55
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

We'll see mrmann Smile

Piper Niven Superfan
04-05-2012 15:55
Don Tingley Offline
Retired

(04-05-2012 15:50 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Elite aren't playing it safe cause of paranoia, they are playing it safe because in the fairly recent past they got heavily targeted by ofcom and got some punishment. As a result elite toned down their shows to try and avoid ofcom's wrath again

Rammy, you've basically just said that Elite aren't paranoid and are paranoid in the same sentence Big Laugh

Christ this is hard work, "and for that reason, I'm out."
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 16:02 by Don Tingley.)
04-05-2012 16:00