Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(08-03-2020 03:32 )BarrieBF Wrote:  
(07-03-2020 20:18 )ShandyHand Wrote:  Then Cameron pledged he would quash 'em all if he got elected and promptly forgot he'd ever said it once he was. I'd love to know what Ed Richards or his supporters said to him.

They said that Ofcom was value for money.

Cameron had claimed the move would be a big saving for taxpayers, but Ofcom pointed out that their budget was actually a huge amount less than the combined cost of the 5 bodies it replaced. Specifically, they claimed that in the first 5 years of its existence, Ofcom had reduced staffing by 300 and saved the country £117 million, to which Cameron really had no answer.

And now the staffing and budget is back on the up and up as they take on every more roles (some of which like the Social Media regulation to come have no precedent). The question here is not is it efficient but if its proportionate and justified in all its being asked to do? Is it really the public leading the call for these changes or are things being given publicity in order to create a climate where authority can act in the way it wishes?

EDIT: There were also both angles to Cameron's objections to Ofcom: https://www.theguardian.com/media/organg...eron-ofcom

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 10:36 by ShandyHand.)
08-03-2020 09:49
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

God knows where it will all end it may end up being the one body that runs the whole bloody country!!! If that happened then we wouldn't be allowed to have a say in a General Election or anything, they would instantly make the decision for us and we would have no say in the matter. Any opposition we mustered we would be hunted down and exterminated for sure.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
08-03-2020 10:04
ShandyHand Offline

(08-03-2020 02:28 )mysterion Wrote:  
(07-03-2020 21:45 )ShandyHand Wrote:  66 could have acquired the same Dutch licence as BS.

Studio 66 don't have any business operations (broadcasts) in the Netherlands, so could not have acquired a Dutch licence.

I actually think that for a long time Studio 66 would have applied for a Dutch licence were it been a feasible option for them.

Okay then granted. But since you seem to have such intimate information what scope of operation did Cellcast set up over there? Or is all information only to be provided when needed to counter rather than enlighten your fellow forumites?

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
08-03-2020 10:07
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

those who are wanting the death of ofcom should be careful what they wish for because what comes after it could be worse imagine it was some public elected official who could be swayed easily by the likes of mumsnet to ban the channels altogether. then they could go after the likes of Adultwork and onlyfans

I mean look at whats happening in california

https://reason.com/2020/02/20/california...cam-girls/

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 10:44 by HannahsPet.)
08-03-2020 10:42
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

That would have far reaching consequences here and probably kill of the glamour industry entirely if it happened here...probably it wouldn't just stop there it probably would move onto the body building type shows as well...

CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 10:57 by lovebabes56.)
08-03-2020 10:55
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(08-03-2020 10:07 )ShandyHand Wrote:  
(08-03-2020 02:28 )mysterion Wrote:  
(07-03-2020 21:45 )ShandyHand Wrote:  66 could have acquired the same Dutch licence as BS.

Studio 66 don't have any business operations (broadcasts) in the Netherlands, so could not have acquired a Dutch licence.

I actually think that for a long time Studio 66 would have applied for a Dutch licence were it been a feasible option for them.

Okay then granted. But since you seem to have such intimate information what scope of operation did Cellcast set up over there? Or is all information only to be provided when needed to counter rather than enlighten your fellow forumites?

Sorry Shandy no intimate knowledge of how bs do it just a bit I remember ,what I remember a channel dose need to have an operating company in the country it gets the licence from, but this could be something as simple as a po box that they employ someone to check a couple of times a week and sort out anything they need to over there, don't mean they need to be active trying to run a show in Holland from what I understand hope this is helpful,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
08-03-2020 13:33
mysterion Offline
Senior Poster

(08-03-2020 10:07 )ShandyHand Wrote:  But since you seem to have such intimate information what scope of operation did Cellcast set up over there? Or is all information only to be provided when needed to counter rather than enlighten your fellow forumites?

I don't have any intimate information. I'm just repeating what's been posted in the forum by various other people.

A couple of examples:

From 'munch1917' - Dutch licenses are only awarded to dutch companies. Cellcast's parent company is based in Netherlands, hence they can get the dutch license.

From 'Dave A' - S66 would not be able to get a Dutch licence in any case, because non of their business operations are based in that country.
08-03-2020 13:46
ShandyHand Offline

(08-03-2020 13:46 )mysterion Wrote:  I don't have any intimate information. I'm just repeating what's been posted in the forum by various other people.

A couple of examples:

From 'munch1917' - Dutch licenses are only awarded to dutch companies. Cellcast's parent company is based in Netherlands, hence they can get the dutch license.

From 'Dave A' - S66 would not be able to get a Dutch licence in any case, because non of their business operations are based in that country.

Cheers; mea culpa for missing that then. On the face of it Munch's statement would appear at odds with the idea the connection might not be an extensive one. Plus didn't the organisational structure behind BS change last year? Was it some sort of management buy out? I don't believe the changes were ever explained on the forum. It would seem they must still maintain some links to the Netherlands then? ... But anyway that is largely OT.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 14:08 by ShandyHand.)
08-03-2020 14:07
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I remember the discussion that was being taken up with Brexit consequences in mind for the channels...

Has that position changed since it was last raised? I do recall that whoever it was mentioned that the dutch licence would no longer be valid once Brexit transition ended or something along those lines.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 14:36 by lovebabes56.)
08-03-2020 14:34
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

(08-03-2020 13:33 )winsaw Wrote:  this could be something as simple as a po box that they employ someone to check a couple of times a week and sort out anything they need to over there, don't mean they need to be active trying to run a show in Holland from what I understand

EU law is quite clear on this point - to get a broadcast licence in an EU country the broadcaster needs to be established in that country, which means the broadcaster must have a significant part of its workforce located there, and in addition its head office must be based in that country or the office where broadcast editorial decisions are taken must be based there.

If the above does not apply a broadcaster may possibly still have a chance of getting a licence if its broadcasts are provided via a satellite uplink in the country in question or if it uses satellite capacity which is operated in that country. However this provision is only meant to be used in exceptional circumstances and is entirely at the discretion of each EU country's own regulator.
08-03-2020 15:05