Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
I think the reason call stats gets mentioned so often in this thread is that there would be absolutely no reason for s66 to keep doing what they are doing if the call stats were poor. Sometimes you have to infer thing from what you see.

(Although I agree it's a boring non-sexy answer. What I think is frustrating about it is the realisation that not all things on the night show schedule are strictly determined by how hot a performer a girl is - in the generally accepted way. It looks as if a particular fan base or 'look' can really make a difference to the numbers.)*

* Yes, like most of my posts I have no empirical evidence for any of this. 8 out of 10 wankers may disagree. Wink

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 14:37 by ShandyHand.)
22-02-2015 14:26
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

(22-02-2015 14:26 )ShandyHand Wrote:  I think the reason call stats gets mentioned so often in this thread is that there would be absolutely no reason for s66 to keep doing what they are doing if the call stats were poor. Sometimes you have to infer thing from what you see.

I absolutely take your point Wink.
But the cynic in me says that speculation over call stats (however accurate it may or may not be) Wink is being used as a smokescreen to cover a multitude of failings by someWink.
And I would simply reiterate my question about putting daytime babes with daytime content on in nightshow hours.
If the reason for doing it is profit from bringing in calls then what does this say about the channel and its faith and belief in its nightshow roster to bring in calls to the same level.
To my mind it sends out all the wrong messages especially when bearing in mind we are only ever going to get a maximum of 7.5 hours nightshow content as opposed to 16.5 hours daytime and tease content.

From the loss of Caty, Ashley, Paige, Jennifer Jade, Mica, Lucy S, Lilly, Delia, Savannah etc in recent times and the impending departure of Clare I am left to conclude that S66 are not really all that bothered about nightshows anymore.
They don't want to invest in quality new sets.
They are losing nightshow babes of quality consistently.
The quality of nightshow production, camerawork, variety, imagination and visual stimulation is suffering through the direction S66 are going in imo.
With 3 babes across two S66 channels there is a lot of 2 babes on screen stuff going on with no meaningful interaction going on. If there is not going to be a 2-4-1 I don't really see the point.
Often the two babes concerned are in contrasting outfits neither of which suit the set they are on.
It looks like bunging two babes together on screen just for the sake of doing so because they are there.
It is fundamentally lazy scheduling and production with no thought put into it beforehand imo.
S66 are floundering to my mind.

Of course this is merely my opinion Wink.
Others may disagree and I have no problem with that at all Wink.

(This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 15:05 by Snooks.)
22-02-2015 15:03
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

(22-02-2015 14:26 )ShandyHand Wrote:  I think the reason call stats gets mentioned so often in this thread is that there would be absolutely no reason for s66 to keep doing what they are doing if the call stats were poor. Sometimes you have to infer thing from what you see.

True, but that applies to every channel as to what they do.

The reason call stats get conjured up so often on this thread is because it's a desperate empty last line of defense of how far this channel has fallen. Back in it's hey day NO-ONE on here gave a damn about call stats Rolleyes, too busy enjoying the quality on show
22-02-2015 15:17
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

(22-02-2015 15:17 )KerrAvon Wrote:  True, but that applies to every channel as to what they do.

The reason call stats get conjured up so often on this thread is because it's a desperate empty last line of defense of how far this channel has fallen. Back in it's hey day NO-ONE on here gave a damn about call stats Rolleyes, too busy enjoying the quality on show

Well Kerr thats what I sort of wanted to say but I went off at a tangent Rolleyes. You put it more succinctly than I ever could.
I tip my hat to you Sir Wink.

22-02-2015 15:21
Tutankamon Offline
Junior Poster

(22-02-2015 15:17 )KerrAvon Wrote:  Back in it's hey day NO-ONE on here gave a damn about call stats

That's because back in those days nobody kept arguing about the channel's motivation for putting certain girls/shows on, so there was no need for anyone to explain why they did so.
22-02-2015 15:33
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Or maybe its because the quality of shows was so much better back then so there was never any need to mention call stats on the assumption that the shows were so good the calls were flooding in Wink.

Who knows for sure? Wink.

(This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 15:48 by Snooks.)
22-02-2015 15:47
southlondonphil Offline
Master Poster

(22-02-2015 15:17 )KerrAvon Wrote:  The reason call stats get conjured up so often on this thread is because it's a desperate empty last line of defense of how far this channel has fallen.

No, not true.

The reason call stats get 'conjured up' is that people make posts here challenging certain girls being on and claiming that they shouldn't be on, there's no justification for them being on, Studio 66 will inevitably close down because of them being on, etc etc etc.

Call stats are then 'conjured up' to explain why Studio 66 schedule as they do.

The people who asked the question in the first place then get annoyed and claim that there's no proof that call stats dictate the scheduling. They then typically demand proof that call stats are in any way relevant, whilst continuing with their own argument that the appearance of certain girls can't be in any way justified.

It's ironic that the people who complain about call stats being mentioned are often the same people who start the debates about scheduling in the first place - knowing full well that their posts will lead to call stats being brought up again - and doubtless knowing too, as Shandyhand mentioned, that there would be absolutely no reason for Studio 66 to keep doing what they are doing if the call stats were poor.
22-02-2015 15:50
7 stars of the orient Offline
Posting Machine

As someone who's mentioned call stats a few times, I can confirm that in my case at least there is no truth in Kerr Avon's claims.

I haven't used call stats to defend Studio 66. I've used them to explain how the channels schedule - and not just Studio 66 either.

As Phil said above, there are forum members who demand to know why certain girls are scheduled and are invariably told that it's largely a matter of call stats. Typically they refuse to believe it and claim there's no proof that call stats are a factor. They then go on to query anyone's right to even mention call stats, whilst ironically continuing to make posts themselves which they know will lead to call stats being mentioned again.
22-02-2015 16:25
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

From my own perspective I think it is more of a case of wanting the conventional nightshow content to be so good from conventional nightshow babes that there is no need to start putting daytime content on in nightshow hours.
This is my preferred scenario.
I would prefer a situation where there was a plethora of hot and horny shows on S66 from all its babes as much as possible.
I would like to think if the right quality of nightshow is put on then the call stats will be very positive.
How about trying to improve the quality of nightshow product to increase calls? Huh.
Much rather see that than see a whole lot of nightshow talent all disappear to other channels while S66 flops.
In its former guise as Elite TV this channel was a market leader in terms of innovative ideas and imagination where nightshows were concerned.
I no longer feel this is the case.
Quite simply if the nightshow product was better I would feel no need to complain and question the scheduling or indeed the production.
This is nothing personal against any of the daytime babes involved. They are taking advantage of the financial reward open to them and who can blame them. I certainly don't.
And interestingly the S66 daytime product is something I really rather like Smile.
I don't want to see S66 fail. Far from it.
I am saddened at what I perceive to be its fall from grace and the lack of meaningful defence of the nightshow product.
I speak as a regular caller over a number of years and a regular viewer also.
If I want to speak to a daytime babe I will do so in daytime hours. In nightshow hours I want to speak to nightshow babes performing nightshow content to a high standard or at least to be performing it at all Wink.
Who knows it might even prompt me to hammer my phone bill again Rolleyes

22-02-2015 16:27
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(22-02-2015 15:03 )snookered147 Wrote:  ...the cynic in me says that speculation over call stats (however accurate it may or may not be) Wink is being used as a smokescreen to cover a multitude of failings by someWink...
If the reason for doing it is profit from bringing in calls then what does this say about the channel and its faith and belief in its nightshow roster to bring in calls to the same level...

^ Oh snookered, you wont get me disagreeing with much of what you have said here. Indeed, I have said many of the things you just highlighted on these boards previously.

s66 do seem to have lost trust in many of their established night girls sometime last year. Trust in both their ability to get top call numbers and to stay within the rules whilst doing so. Presumably, this is what lead to the defections (they each most have got a "message" or vibe of some sort) and the situation we have now.

I'm not trying to defend 66 in any way, merely reason out the course they are taking. (More for my own benefit than anyone else's!) For my taste, they should simply have worked with what they had (or girls they could get hold of) to put on shows within an ace of transgressing the current rules. But that's an easy thing to say from the outside. Instead, they gave up competing on a like-for-like basis with BS and such. (I presume only BS have gone down the foreign license route due to the outlay involved?)

s66 was the channel I watched most during the pre-Ofcom days (of those that survived anyway). It was a frustration with its doldrums that made me start posting on this forum on anything like a regular basis. So I must have a certain nostalgia for s66 and would like to see it rise again.

I should have thought, however, that any organisation that relies to a large part on repeat business from established fan-bases should be wary of disillusioning a decent portion of them as they seem to be doing (if the comments on this thread are in any way representative). They are trying a peculiar type of balancing act with this stuff!

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
22-02-2015 16:32