Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

RE: Elite TV Discussion Thread
(02-01-2010 18:34 )DanniPandemos Wrote:  
(02-01-2010 18:22 )dirk362 Wrote:  But it leaves me with the unhappy realisation that our freedom of expression and discussion is curtailed...

You would be hard-pressed to find a court anywhere on earth that would regard posting of copyrighted material outside of the specific criteria legislated in the relevant country as being a bar to freedom of expression.

Don't forget that channel owners have previously requested that discussion about channels/the shows also be removed:
http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid299339

(07-12-2009 14:56 )admin Wrote:  
(07-12-2009 14:22 )vostok 1 Wrote:  Is the natural progression to remove discussion about incidents like this? After all if someone wanted to make a complaint about this incident to ofcom they would have sufficient ammunition to do so without a visual record.

As far as I'm aware, we have only been asked to remove one such discussion so far, which was a request we carried out for the channel concerned. It is of course possible that we will receive further requests of this kind.

I assume that this discussion was not removed for being abusive or libellous but because it related to an incident that was broadcast on TV.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2010 19:00 by vostok 1.)
02-01-2010 18:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dirk362 Away
Farewell to one and all...

(02-01-2010 18:37 )archibald cockfoster Wrote:  I think the freedom dirk362 wants is the freedom to use other people's material as he wishes.

Hardly - a great many of my posts are reviews in that they cover the content and not just a link to download etc.
But it's all a mute point as I'll be attempting to delete all my content and account on this site over the next few hours....
02-01-2010 19:07
DanniPandemos Offline
Master Poster

(02-01-2010 18:52 )vostok 1 Wrote:  Don't forget that channel owners have previously requested that discussion about channels/the shows also be removed

Interesting, though that doesn't really have any freedom of expression implications either. People could go elsewhere and have the discussion, write blog articles about it and so on.

Danni Pandemos
http://pandemos.net/webcams/
Live femdom and fetish webcams with free text chat
02-01-2010 19:10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

(02-01-2010 19:07 )dirk362 Wrote:  
(02-01-2010 18:37 )archibald cockfoster Wrote:  I think the freedom dirk362 wants is the freedom to use other people's material as he wishes.

Hardly - a great many of my posts are reviews in that they cover the content and not just a link to download etc.
But it's all a mute point as I'll be attempting to delete all my content and account on this site over the next few hours....

Great poster, sad to see you go mate. All the best wherever you end up....Smile

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
02-01-2010 19:19
jay$ Offline
Senior Poster

BORING!!!!!
It cant just be me thats bored with the same line up on elite: Caty Cole, Hazel Bond, Tiffany Chambers
mix it up a bit people get Dionne back and throw in Alexa and sophia more
02-01-2010 22:41
Wazo Away
Mr Daniels

RE: BORING!!!!!
Have to agree a bit it seems like Tiffany is on every night an Caty seems to be on every other night which with being on so often makes the line up stale fast Sad. Deffo need need more of the other girls back on screen for a bit.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2010 22:49 by Wazo.)
02-01-2010 22:46
Vampkiss Offline
Senior Poster

I agree Elite needs more babes the one's that are there are great but there is just not enough of them also they need to have more interaction on screen and some new sets

Vickemily In A Hoagy Wagon With Smyth Eating Chicken In A Tabard ?

You Know It Makes Sense
02-01-2010 23:51
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

i was under the impression that caty will be on her hols for a few weeks soon so i recommend you enjoy while she's here. but i agree with the consensus- elite REALLY need some other faces on their night shows. carmen and/or danica would be a very good start

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2010 00:29 by Robot Devil.)
03-01-2010 00:27
kingdude Offline
Apprentice Poster

(02-01-2010 10:57 )dirk362 Wrote:  A short rant about post removal....

As EliteTV (well Primetime TV (UK) Ltd actually) "own" the content of the programmes, then they have requested all their removal based on the content. Trouble is, without a statement of copyright on the programmes as aired, they haven't got the right to enforce this.

Indeed their own statements on their websites talks only about content from or obtained via their website, and in fact doesn't cover their output on TV. Without copyright having being clearly stated on the programmes as aired, this is "free" content, to be used in part or in whole as we wish.

Except for public domain material and electronic messages, all materials on Primetime TV (UK) Ltd owned and operated Websites are protected by copyright and are protected under treaty provisions for worldwide copyright laws. Materials contained in any part of Primetime TV (UK) Ltd owned and operated sites are owned by Primetime TV (UK) Ltd and may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without written permission, except as expressly stated in the Limited License provision in these Terms of Use. Primetime TV (UK) Ltd and Vikki Thomas Media Ltd do not grant any expressed or implied rights to you for any of our trademarks, service marks, copyrights or other proprietary information.

I'd therefore query the take down orders they have given the forum/site/admins, if such content came from the TV and not the web stream.

But ultimately this sites admins will want to ensure the site can be kept running, and I accept they need to comply with all reasonable requests. It is frustrating for us posters, but if you were running the site and were even in a small way responsible for it's content, I'm sure you'd be pragmatic and take the same decision. The site is supposed to be a fun place to be and post etc, and if you're worried you'll get sued or something worse, where is the fun in that ?

What does still annoy me though is that they're happy for other content to be posted, just not the stuff that might in some way get them a telling off from OfCom annoyed

Based on any removal request stating "copyright" as the reason, that would suppose all previous content should also be removed. Perhaps I should remove my several hundred video posts of all their content, including pictures Huh
Would make the Tiffany thread a bit spartan...

OK - I've vented. Feel a bit better for having typed that Cool

Does this mean we also need to remove links to http://www.babevideo.co.uk/ ? Or would babevideo.co.uk be responsible for removing any offending content as they see fit? Most of the content is hosted on rapidshare and megaupload (and other sites), not here.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2010 00:48 by kingdude.)
03-01-2010 00:45
DanniPandemos Offline
Master Poster

(03-01-2010 00:45 )kingdude Wrote:  Does this mean we also need to remove links to http://www.babevideo.co.uk/ ?

No.

Danni Pandemos
http://pandemos.net/webcams/
Live femdom and fetish webcams with free text chat
03-01-2010 10:37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply