Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

RE: Ofcom Discussion
Well the cat is finally well and truly out of the bag with Ofcom's latest move. Here they show themselves up for the pre-censoring agenda-driven organisation they really are. No longer do they wait for words to be uttered before deciding if sanctions are appropriate. They now proscribe what opinions may be voiced on the national airwaves. They tell us what is wrong think. Their definition of hate speech expanding ever wider to encompass what THEY decide are views beyond the pale. Henceforth, they will decide which special interest groups are to be so priveleged that their ideas can not be challenged in front of the country.

It is now clear as crystal that...
Ofcom want diversity in everything but opinion.
Ofcom want tolerance to everything except for ideas they disagree with.
Ofcom want everything to have a platform unless it veers too far from what THEY (not the public note) deem to be of mainstream acceptance.

Now before anyone gets on their high horse, this has bugger all to do with the trans/anti-trans issue. (I'm tolerant of others, it's this regulator that is not!) Instead it is everything to do with the day Ofcom decided what speech should be free to be broadcast in this country.

The people that post on these pages learnt long ago what you were Ofcom. Now perhaps more of the general public will begin to see. The people that are not part of the bubble of safe, proscribed views you have built up around yourself; telling yourselves no one can think what you do not. The people you, unelected santimonious do-gooders, claim to speak for, when in fact you only speak for yourselves. Every. Single. Time... But listen loud for once: I for one, want to see all ideas challenged on my TV... Every. Single. Time. Else how can we be sure of what has been given proper scrutiny? How can we be sure we are not being dictated to or proporgandised? I want to see my enemy. To know him out in the open. On the airwaves, being shown up to be ridiculous in all glory. Your 'protections' are patronising, unhelpful, and unwelcome. Unwanted.

Even so, I thank the new chair of Ofcom. At long last they are being honest and showing what they're about instead of hiding behind manipulated survey results. Now we can challenge your dogma in full transparency. It only took you over 15 years to come clean...

So, enough of this now. To hell with you all and your 'we know what's best for you' attitudes. It's well overdue time for a new politician to stand up and show your type posturing as the opposite of what it claims to be. Expose it as stagnant and regressive. Please let that day be soon. Very fucking soon.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2021 18:08 by ShandyHand.)
18-01-2021 18:06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rake Offline
Tipping for nips and panties

^ Excellent post.
18-01-2021 19:05
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I have always seen OFCOM as ours and the babe shows biggest enemy, and hopefully by banding together filling up our MP's inboxes with messages we can bring about the demise of OFCOM as quickly as possible. The biggest hurdles is of course making the Government listen to us and do something. It may have taken the fuckers 15 fucking year to come clean but holy shit now we know what they REALLY stand for, themn is little doubt they are afre nothing more than fucking bunch of wankers withbtheir noses so far up the arses of Government and they probably spit far more BS than the Government do!!

OFCOM - JUST f**K off ansd leave the shows alone

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
19-01-2021 08:02
ShandyHand Offline

^ Tangential follow-up to my post above.

We live in worring times in terms of the increasing curbs on freedom of expression. We are supposed to endure meekly every example we see of this. We are told these things are for our own good. We are told people's objections to what they see or hear around them should be placed paramount. Well I say look at the article below and consider where such things take us. When you have a broadcasting regulator that's more than happy to stipulate on the cancelling of ideas from our airwaves (along with whatever material they see fit based, purely, on whatever moralisations they happen to agreed with*) then you indulge and help promote a culture of fear. You create a broadcast sphere of bland self-censors. You encourage a culture of capitulation and pandering to protected groups. You side with the idea of some people being more equal than others... That then becomes the true problem because it means certain groups can't be questioned. Identitarian policies like this will eventually lead every one of us into a society that is no longer free.

We've been asked to give up a lot recently. Most of it, I'd agree, was for the greater good. But let's make sure we claim every freedom back after this shit. And let's not let coming out of this pandemic mask the taking of other basics from us. Don't give into the fear.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/02/15...-islam/amp

* Ofcom has merely learnt to put forward semi-palatable excuses for its decisions in order to hide its similarities to the Mary Whitehouse school of authoritarianism.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2021 12:54 by ShandyHand.)
17-02-2021 11:34
Rake Offline
Tipping for nips and panties

(17-02-2021 11:34 )ShandyHand Wrote:  ^ Tangential follow-up to my post above.

We live in worring times in terms of the increasing curbs on freedom of expression. We are supposed to endure meekly every example we see of this. We are told these things are for our own good. We are told people's objections to what they see or hear around them should be placed paramount. Well I say look at the article below and consider where such things take us. When you have a broadcasting regulator that's more than happy to stipulate on the cancelling of ideas from our airwaves (along with whatever material they see fit based, purely, on whatever moralisations they happen to agreed with*) then you indulge and help promote a culture of fear. You create a broadcast sphere of bland self-censors. You encourage a culture of capitulation and pandering to protected groups. You side with the idea of some people being more equal than others... That then becomes the true problem because it means certain groups can't be questioned. Identitarian policies like this will eventually lead every one of us into a society that is no longer free.

We've been asked to give up a lot recently. Most of it, I'd agree, was for the greater good. But let's make sure we claim every freedom back after this shit. And let's not let coming out of this pandemic mask the taking of other basics from us. Don't give into the fear.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/02/15...-islam/amp

* Ofcom has merely learnt to put forward semi-palatable excuses for its decisions in order to hide its similarities to the Mary Whitehouse school of authoritarianism.

I read the same article yesterday morning Shandy and nodded in agreement with it. It’s very worrying that’s perfectly reasonable questions are deemed to be unask-able to certain groups. Or as in this case, if they are asked then any evidence of it needs to be hastily deleted...
17-02-2021 13:14
ShandyHand Offline

Good article on how Ofcom are justifying the planned censorship of video sharing platforms and what will be on first on the agenda when it happens: https://telecoms.com/509108/ofcom-lowers...ensorship/

Of course once the mechanism is in place any new hot buzz term can be roped in as they see fit.

24-03-2021 15:36
ShandyHand Offline

https://reprobatepress.com/2021/06/11/of...ting-harm/

Reprobate Press have become solidly reliable in calling out Ofcom (and, in telling similar fashion, the BBFC) on their consistent use of dodgy surveys (full of leading questions and conflations); pre-ordained (unvalidatable) conclusions; nebulous ever growing lists of "harms" (that when examined are often no such thing or unclear as to cause and effect).

The way these regulators push their agendas is now clear. The question has become how fo we take the fight back to the next level. In contrast, the mainstream media is still (largely) playing along. What's it going to take to change that?

11-06-2021 19:01
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

ofcom has announced there new list of words that broadcasters shouldn't use

Gammon
Karen
Remoaner
Snowflake
Boomer

apparently all this are now thought to be potentially offensive

really dose make me wonder who they ask to work this stuff out, i fell really sorry for anyone called Karen lol

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
23-09-2021 16:33
Boomerangutangangbang Online
Owned by Kelly Bell

I have the potential to be offensive. bladewaveRolleyesHuhBounce

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
23-09-2021 18:19
The Goatman Offline
King Of Goats

(23-09-2021 16:33 )winsaw Wrote:  ofcom has announced there new list of words that broadcasters shouldn't use

Gammon
Karen
Remoaner
Snowflake
Boomer

apparently all this are now thought to be potentially offensive

really dose make me wonder who they ask to work this stuff out, i fell really sorry for anyone called Karen lol

Wow proper snowflakes laugh

I love gammon

I miss Amber Coen
23-09-2021 18:27