Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

HoneyRocks Offline
Honey Monster

RE: Ofcom Discussion
With the sex antics on Celebrity Big Brother and complaints to Ofcom it won't help pursuading them to relax things on the babe channels. There's talk of Ofcom making Channel 5 pull the show well before it's supposed to end.....

I really don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Lovely beautiful Honey Scott IS my favourite very cute bundle of yummy Marshmallow Fluff!!! <3
14-01-2014 20:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

(14-01-2014 20:07 )HoneyRocks Wrote:  With the sex antics on Celebrity Big Brother[... ]

There's talk of Ofcom making Channel 5 pull the show well before it's supposed to end.....

I can't bring myself to watch BB, even with what I'm hearing about this particular series, but can anyone tell me what they've broadcast so far that has caused Ofcom to issue such a threat?
14-01-2014 20:14
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

On a slightly related note, people may have seen news of the BBFC making changes to the classifications for movies following a public consultation. In short it means they will be more relaxed on bad language, but will be clamping down on sex, and if I understand correctly, will be looking further at the issue of horror/gore.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
15-01-2014 06:39
SCIROCCO Offline
Banned

So if OFCON are loosening the rules on swearing surely that includes the sexually explicit talk on our fave shows? Is there any difference between "die mother fucker!!" in a 15 cert (yes 15 cert..) and "stick you cock between my tits!" on an 18 rated channel? Or are they still working to the invisible second set of rules that affects babeshows and no other channels? Must add last couple of nights output have been the tamest for ages....
15-01-2014 09:08
Jay39 Offline
Senior Poster

(14-01-2014 20:07 )HoneyRocks Wrote:  With the sex antics on Celebrity Big Brother and complaints to Ofcom it won't help pursuading them to relax things on the babe channels. There's talk of Ofcom making Channel 5 pull the show well before it's supposed to end.....

Ofcom are investigating the complaints they have not stated that they will make Channel 5 pull the show, it's the muppets at mediawatch who are telling Ofcom to pull the show. I can't see Channel 5 saying "yes Sir, three bags full Sir" when it is attracting it's best viewing figures ever according to Barb, and to be honest it's simple if you don't like don't watch, there is a lot and I mean a lot more explicit, graphic stuff aired on other channels. People is this country need to get a grip of themselves, too many people saying what is good for you and what is not, we are adults and we can make a choice for ourselves thank you very much.
15-01-2014 10:28
RatedR Offline
Bend the Rules

Shows like BB use Ofcom to advertise their product. The more complaints, the more paper coverage and more viewers. I wonder what that tells us about how Ofcom works though? Supposedly lots of people are bitterly offended, yet the viewing figures are going up. Map that on a graph Ofcom.

If you take number of complaints compared to viewing figures, i'm sure the mind blowing disparity suggests the overwhelming majority think the content is fine.

Ohh yes! It's good to be bad
15-01-2014 19:16
hatessexistofcom Offline
Junior Poster

(14-01-2014 20:14 )JuanKerr Wrote:  
(14-01-2014 20:07 )HoneyRocks Wrote:  With the sex antics on Celebrity Big Brother[... ]

There's talk of Ofcom making Channel 5 pull the show well before it's supposed to end.....

I can't bring myself to watch BB, even with what I'm hearing about this particular series, but can anyone tell me what they've broadcast so far that has caused Ofcom to issue such a threat?

A nipple of Jasmine Waltz was shown for about 3/4 second and the contestants wore pvc and gyrated on a pole,,no nudity except for nipple they just took it in turn to have a go at pole dancing...To me it was nothing and would pass at 12 cert maybe even PG.. It was as tame as what Emmerdale showed at 7pm when one lass was at a stripclub in pvc on a pole..
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 20:27 by hatessexistofcom.)
15-01-2014 19:53
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

Here's a link to what is meant to have happened :

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/14/dappy-and-...r-4262518/

Sounds like BS. (and I don't mean babestation Wink )
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 19:58 by circles_o_o_o.)
15-01-2014 19:56
hatessexistofcom Offline
Junior Poster

Forgot about that but all that was aired was Dappy saying he had a semi a bit of spooning under blankets and that was it..There was definitely nothing shown on air to show they had sex until this Fazer spoke up.
15-01-2014 20:33
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

All I'm hearing about this particular BB is the size of Daffy's todger. We're talking donky proportions, apparently. Lucky bastard!
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 20:39 by JuanKerr.)
15-01-2014 20:38