Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average

BS's Latest Ploy

Chilly Away
Posting Machine

RE: BS's Latest Ploy
D'oh! And here was me thinking that Sooky was calling in about 10-20 times a night. Wink
08-10-2009 19:08
Find all posts by this user
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Which reminds me of another ploy - leaving the txt in the box up for looooooooooooooooooong after the caller is no longer on the line Wink

08-10-2009 19:10
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

(08-10-2009 19:10 )SxciiSooky Wrote:  Which reminds me of another ploy - leaving the txt in the box up for looooooooooooooooooong after the caller is no longer on the line Wink

Well that clears up a doubt i've had,i was watching Amanda one night when the message came up in the box listen in on Amanda and her scottish friend Sooky but Amanda wasn't on a call and answered the phone about 30-45 seconds later,i was thinking how the hell did they know who was on the phone if Amanda hadn't answered it yet!! and there was me thinking that the producers had mystical powers Blush

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2009 19:27 by Hollywood PillowPants.)
08-10-2009 19:25
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Another catch that annoys me and strikes me as deeply unfair is when these channels (not only BS, to be fair) ask you to text in. They then read out the texts but any specific requests that are included are followed up by the girl saying, "Well, Pete from Slough. If you want me to do that why don't you give me a call and we'll see what we can do?" Or some similar bullshit to that. You've just asked us to text in and when we do you tell us we now have to phone as well!? annoyed
08-10-2009 19:34
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

I've never called into listen to the 'girl caller on the line' things as it's never really interested me but I have to say, it would be a fairly bad strategy by them to have, for example, Reede backstage calling Dionne when they could have both girls split screen talking to each other and advertise it as 'Dionne and Reede's girl/girl call' like they have done in the past.

Cellcast are pretty bad for their little schemes though. How often does it come up in the text box 'Megan's phone is completely free, call now!' or 'Yvette's line is really quiet, now would be the best time to call!' but from watching you can see the girl hasn't been off the phone for a minute since 9pm. Then there's the millions of text in for this, get pictures of this, send your pictures in etc. I pity the people who actually do buy those pictures or pay to send their own pictures in as it's such a rip off and you really don't get anything out of it. At least calling in, you get a fully interactive service from the girl and not a pic you could get on the net for free.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 10:27 by Scotsman.)
09-10-2009 10:24
Ultramantis Black Away
Account Closed

Great post Stan.

Nowadays I only ever watch/record the show if I know Dani is going to be on, and I am glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the sudden tendency to plug the fact that a 'hot, sexy female is on the line'. Strangely, the moment that freeview comes on, it always tends to be a female caller on the other end. What a coincidence? The other night when Dani was on, they were on overdrive, as the message came up saying that Dani had a female caller on the line, which then became 2, then 3, then 4! There was also a riduclous section where they had Dani sat under a table, that the 'producer' was supposedly at. The last thing I want to see when watching Dani is some hairy legged male taking up a third of the screen.

I cant believe/understand why anyone would want to text or send in pics anymore. When I first started to watch these programs, the texting used to be an integral part of the show. One girl would be taking calls, then half of the screen would be devoted to another girl reading the texts that come up on screen, interacting with viewers, dealing with requests, commenting on pics etc. Nowadays, the texts dont appear on screen, the girls never answer the requests, and you are lucky if you ever hear any texts being read out. The same goes for the pictures. If you are daft enough to text/send in pics, you get what you deserve.
09-10-2009 12:10
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(09-10-2009 10:24 )Scotsman Wrote:  I've never called into listen to the 'girl caller on the line' things as it's never really interested me but I have to say, it would be a fairly bad strategy by them to have, for example, Reede backstage calling Dionne when they could have both girls split screen talking to each other and advertise it as 'Dionne and Reede's girl/girl call' like they have done in the past.

For goodness sake don’t encourage them to do split screens! One girl on main screen and the other in the inset box would be ok.

Quote:How often does it come up in the text box 'Megan's phone is completely free, call now!' or 'Yvette's line is really quiet, now would be the best time to call!' but from watching you can see the girl hasn't been off the phone for a minute since 9pm.

In fairness, I believe the girls continue talking for the sake of any listeners still on the line even if they don’t have a caller.

Edit: And 'quiet' could mean only 1 or 2 or maybe no callers queueing.

(09-10-2009 12:10 )Ultramantis Black Wrote:  There was also a riduclous section where they had Dani sat under a table, that the 'producer' was supposedly at. The last thing I want to see when watching Dani is some hairy legged male taking up a third of the screen.

She was joined by Lori, French Chloe and eventually Geri. It might have been ok if they’d actually done something with/to him while they were under there but it was pretty pointless as it was. (Btw, it was the moderator not producer.)

Quote:When I first started to watch these programs, the texting used to be an integral part of the show. One girl would be taking calls, then half of the screen would be devoted to another girl reading the texts that come up on screen, interacting with viewers, dealing with requests, commenting on pics etc.

I can’t understand the sudden change with this either. I would have thought it was in their interests to carry on in view of the up-coming Participation TV Review. Maybe there’s been some sort of development on that front that makes it less relevant.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2009 16:32 by vila.)
09-10-2009 13:52
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(09-10-2009 13:52 )vila Wrote:  
(09-10-2009 12:10 )Ultramantis Black Wrote:  When I first started to watch these programs, the texting used to be an integral part of the show. One girl would be taking calls, then half of the screen would be devoted to another girl reading the texts that come up on screen, interacting with viewers, dealing with requests, commenting on pics etc.

I can’t understand the sudden change with this either. I would have thought it was in their interests to carry on in view of the up-coming Participation TV Review. Maybe there’s been some sort of development on that front that makes it less relevant.

I used to enjoy the girls chatting together on the mic and reading out texts. Since they don't do much or any of that now, the loss of Tiffany is not as big as it would have been. She was probably the most entertaining of all the girls when on the mic, just ahead of Camilla.
09-10-2009 16:19
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

(09-10-2009 12:10 )Ultramantis Black Wrote:  There was also a riduclous section where they had Dani sat under a table, that the 'producer' was supposedly at. The last thing I want to see when watching Dani is some hairy legged male taking up a third of the screen.

I only saw that after having my attention brought to it by someone in the chatbox - what I found highly interesting during that whole 'fun' segment was none of the girls seemed to be on a call.

In getting rid of any fun element and a feeling of interaction cellcast have totally removed the original selling point of their channels. This 'moderators legs' section seemed like too desperate an attempt at 'having fun' but seemed forced and soulless.

As I have mentioned before on another thread - channels where you can call up a babe and chat are a dime a dozen. What sets them apart is how you present them. This is what used to set the cellcast channels (most notably BS) apart. Now they seem like poor imitations of the other channels. Their only saving grace is they still have some of the best babes on there....but all they are doing is reducing the stand out babes (camilla, caty, yvette, dionne etc) who have personalities and removing any platform for them to shine. Hence the influx of 'glamour models' who may look the part, but are blank on the mic

09-10-2009 17:39
pounder Offline
Junior Poster

(03-10-2009 22:28 )StanTheMan Wrote:  How come, all of a sudden, every other call the babes receive is from a 'hot female caller'? This has to be the case, of course, otherwise they couldn't make such claims, but what's the betting that if you phoned up to listen in, the female caller would sound strangley familiar? I always wondered what the other babes did on their breaks?

No, I've listened to 2 such calls and they didn't sound familiar. Stantheman has lost the bet.

The 'every other call' claim is a wild exaggeration by Stantheman anyway. I watched Babestation the night before last and it was more than 2 hours before someone (Dani O'Neal) said she had a female caller.
10-10-2009 07:52
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV