babestation harem

Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 117 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average

News on new channels - Freeview & Sky

darren73 Offline
Picture Posting God

RE: News on new channels - Freeview & Sky
What is the point of that most tv's don't have an internet connection so why are they doing that it does not make any sence

Forum awards picture posting winner 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2023

Also Scarlett Jones PA on the forum
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2012 18:48 by darren73.)
18-12-2012 18:47
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(18-12-2012 18:41 )TheWatcher Wrote:  Bad news.
According to the info (16 December 2012) here http://www.terrestrialtv.co.uk/dtt.cgi
ch179 is IPTV which does not work with a standard Freeview box/TV

Thanks for the info. I thought Danzig was wrong about this, which was why I queried his source.

There's no way you can transmit four channels over one standard definition Freeview channel unless you use IPTV, where the programme signal is actually coming via the internet.

I doubt if they'll be able to make it work financially as hardly any equipment in the UK can connect to IPTV channels. I think the YouView box can manage it but I'm not sure about what else.

Edit: I saw this link on Digital Spy. It lists the devices that can access the Vision TV IPTV services on Freeview, so maybe this also applies to BBTV:

http://www.visiontvnetwork.co.uk/home/devices

Surprisingly the YouView box is not listed.
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2012 22:38 by Digital Dave.)
18-12-2012 21:08
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(18-12-2012 21:08 )Digital Dave Wrote:  There's no way you can transmit four channels over one standard definition Freeview channel unless you use IPTV, where the programme signal is actually coming via the internet.

If you think about it, if this was possible, the likes of BBC would be all over it instead of paying for multiple channels. Imagine how the Olympic coverage would have been with this sort of option.
It's hard to imagine being pioneered by a simple babechannel.

(18-12-2012 21:08 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Surprisingly the YouView box is not listed.

Thing is, there is more than one YouView box, made by different manufacturers with different capabilities.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
19-12-2012 01:52
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Good point about the BBC and the Olympics! However, Chappers is a brilliant Man/God hybrid so it could be that he's single-handedly pioneered a new technology that will revolutionise TV in the 21st century.

Regarding YouView boxes, if there are more than one type, with different capabilities, then why aren't any mentioned on that list? It just confirms that the YouView platform is not compatible with the Freeview+ IPTV standard, at least not at the moment.
19-12-2012 02:12
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Pity its IPTV only, there arent enough adult channels actually broadcasting on Freeview to change attitudes. Who knows, people might rush out and buy boxes. Also see Playboy on 179 has closed, another one bites the dust.

Could be funny though watching gran trying to fit the internet cable in the aerial socket.

Gone fishing
19-12-2012 04:19
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

They could transmit just one of their shows as normal on ch179 and combine it with a red button, just like ch174 (BSX) does at present. Pressing the red button could give details about how to watch the other 3 shows if you have IPTV or internet.

4 shows could possibly be transmitted in the normal bandwidth of a single channel if they used a smaller picture and low resolution just like the old PartyGirls show from 4 years ago. However although this was enjoyed then, it had no competition, and this picture quality would not fare well against the current BS shows.

Still no further details in my EPG yet.
19-12-2012 11:08
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Quote from one of their admins (re. IPTV):

Yes this seems to be correct, we're very sorry about this but Freeview have been unclear with us about this from the start. We are still in discussion with them about the ins and outs of the deal, more info will come soon. Sorry we didn't reveal this sooner.

We are trying to ascertain how many of Freeviews viewers have an IPTV and also how much it would cost for Freeview viewers who want to view the new [name edited] channel to upgrade to/purchase the hardware necessary. If anyone can help with any of these questions that would be great.

But more info will come soon, as we receive it from Freeview themselves.

Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 14:29 by Digital Dave.)
19-12-2012 14:27
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

So, a babeshow is set to launch a new channel, and makes unrealistic, and ultimately untrue claims about what they will be offering.
I seem to recall we've been here before, now which channel was it last time .....

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
19-12-2012 15:30
William H Bonney Online
More sinned against than sinning

(19-12-2012 14:27 )Digital Dave Wrote:  If anyone can help with any of these questions that would be great.

Err.... So rather than giving answers, they want people to give them the answers. Huh
19-12-2012 15:35
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(19-12-2012 14:27 )Digital Dave Wrote:  Straight from the horse's mouth:

Quote from one of their admins (re. IPTV):

Yes this seems to be correct, we're very sorry about this but Freeview have been unclear with us about this from the start. We are still in discussion with them about the ins and outs of the deal, more info will come soon. Sorry we didn't reveal this sooner.

We are trying to ascertain how many of Freeviews viewers have an IPTV and also how much it would cost for Freeview viewers who want to view the new [name edited] channel to upgrade to/purchase the hardware necessary. If anyone can help with any of these questions that would be great.

But more info will come soon, as we receive it from Freeview themselves.

Cheers!

Just read that on their forum.
Would like to see their shows, but I won't be upgrading my Freeview setup.
There will be only a very small number of viewers with the necessary setup so they will be getting hardly any extra calls for their efforts.

I thought we were supposed to be the wankers. Smile
19-12-2012 17:44

Click here to watch Babestation TV