Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media

mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Serious Ofcom warning for Bang Media
(08-11-2010 14:05 )davyboysmith Wrote:  more breaches for bang and some for elite in this weeks bulletin

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/enforce...ns/obb169/

That's back in August, when they were still allowed to swear, but then after that, they were NOT allowed to swear yet again. The swearing doesn't bother me or interest me, but what annoys me is that Offcom says that the content was beyond our expectations. HA! That's their only excuse Rolleyes So lame. I wonder what they will come up with next.
08-11-2010 18:16
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(08-11-2010 14:05 )davyboysmith Wrote:  more breaches for bang and some for elite in this weeks bulletin

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/enforce...ns/obb169/

Yes well I've read the latest bulletin and all I can say is what a load of bullshit ofcom saying words like the content they viewed exceeded the likely expectation of the viewers such as us. What a sweeping statement to make, fucking patronising bunch of c**ts ofcom are and furthermore they investigated the issue on the grounds of one complaint. Who are these bastards who have nothing better to do than whinge about the babe channels. I've said it before if you don't like them don't fuckin watch them. It really piss's me off why certain individuals feel its their righteous duty to report the babe channels constantly to ofcom. I personally blame the church and religion. Anyway I'm just away to phone ofcom and complain about the religious channels as I'm pretty sure I saw a hairy c**t on one of them. If you can't beat the fuckers you may as well join them.
08-11-2010 18:25
bigguy01 Offline
My Kind of Girl

yet ofcom did not fine the bbc when clarkson made a quip about may and a ferrair calling them a simpleton and special needs (3 people complained). bang media and elite etc should tell ofcom to fuck off. ofcom are run by a bunch namby pamby politicaly correct waste of space little fuckers who think they know what is good for us. what is showen on tv is alot tamer than what can be found on the net.

Top 5 Celebs To Be On The Channels: Molly Quinn, Stana Katic, Nina Dobrev, Susanna Reid, Steph McGovern
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2010 18:47 by bigguy01.)
08-11-2010 18:39
davyboysmith Offline
Senior Poster

there was talk of bang finding a loophole but now their channels have been taken off sky and freeview leaving them broadcasting on playboy channels
20-11-2010 15:51
stoly Offline
Banned

We noted Bang Channels‟ assertion that Ofcom had said in other previous cases that where parental controls are in place to block channels material is appropriately scheduled. While Ofcom recognises that satellite set top boxes do have voluntary parental controls, Ofcom research shows that only “one in three households with multichannel television has set up access controls (32%)"2. Ofcom therefore does not consider that the existence of parental controls on set top boxes offers enough protection to under-eighteens from viewing unsuitable material of this nature. In any event, under the Code broadcasters are required to observe the watershed.
As a result of the serious and repeated nature of the breaches recorded in these current findings, and those recorded against Bang Media and Bang Channels Limited.

Something has to be done about Ofcom, it's not Bangmedia or any of the other stations duty, to ensure set-top box parental controls are set up to deter under 18s from viewing the 900 channels, thats up to the individual who owns the box, as for the person who keeps writing in to complain, he/she can set their own set-top box to restrict these channels from causing continuing offence.
We need a petition from this forum along with a charming letter, with all 43000 members signatures sent to the minister in charge of media, to get this crap sorted out once and for all.
20-11-2010 17:22
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Just to clarify things here, first of all as much as we all hate the ofcom bastards and the treatment that Bangbabes have had to go through with them in recent history I however believe that on this occasion that this has absolutely nothing to do with ofcom whatsoever. Ofcom would and have in the past shut down the entire channel and satellite broadcast and the fact is they haven't. Ofcom at first appeared to the obvious target but when you actually analysis the situation the theory that ofcom would only shut down 2 of the channels in the middle of the show when all 3 were broadcast at the start of the show doesn't really hold much water. If you look at the Bangbabes threads on another forum the majority are now of the opinion that's its more likely that Bangabes have just simply missed payments to SKY TV for EPG rental space and the channels have just probably been removed temporarily until the payments have been received. Ofcom on this very rare occasion are probably blameless. This is financial and nothing else. Save this debate for another day and vent your frustrations at SKY instead.
20-11-2010 22:55
stoly Offline
Banned

(20-11-2010 22:55 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Just to clarify things here, first of all as much as we all hate the ofcom bastards and the treatment that Bangbabes have had to go through with them in recent history I however believe that on this occasion that this has absolutely nothing to do with ofcom whatsoever. Ofcom would and have in the past shut down the entire channel and satellite broadcast and the fact is they haven't. Ofcom at first appeared to the obvious target but when you actually analysis the situation the theory that ofcom would only shut down 2 of the channels in the middle of the show when all 3 were broadcast at the start of the show doesn't really hold much water. If you look at the Bangbabes threads on another forum the majority are now of the opinion that's its more likely that Bangabes have just simply missed payments to SKY TV for EPG rental space and the channels have just probably been removed temporarily until the payments have been received. Ofcom on this very rare occasion are probably blameless. This is financial and nothing else. Save this debate for another day and vent your frustrations at SKY instead.

Hey Scottish. My piece centered around Ofcom Issuing Bangmedia fines in the region of £16000.00, because in their eyes, Bangmedia and the other Broadcasters are apparently responsible for parental locks not be used by the owners of set-top boxes, this is according to a survey they held only a third of active users bothered to set the box so under 18s can't view in their words harmful material.
20-11-2010 23:22
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes Stoly sorry I think I just got a bit carried away you have to forgive me I'm just having severe withdrawal effects watching the disastrous chain of events that's surrounding this channel at the moment.
20-11-2010 23:38
stoly Offline
Banned

(20-11-2010 23:38 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Yes Stoly sorry I think I just got a bit carried away you have to forgive me I'm just having severe withdrawal effects watching the disastrous chain of events that's surrounding this channel at the moment.

Unfortunately I think we're all in that boat, and go along with your sentiments. Sad day indeed if we loose these channels and Bangmedia, they haven't always been the greatest, but they're up there, and they've always had a fine selection of babes.
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2010 23:46 by stoly.)
20-11-2010 23:45
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Although it appears that ofcom have had nothing to do with the current problems at Bangbabes, back in the summer when they were slapped with that massive fine of £175,000 I wonder if that coupled with having to continue with the rent money to Sky that it has financially crippled them and so in many ways if it wasn't for that earlier fine would they now be in the hellish position they now find themselves in and if so can they mount a legal challenge to ofcom and demand that the fine they received back then be rescinded and order ofcom to pay Bangbabes back every last penny because right now ofcom will be looking down with a smug feeling of satisfaction at the current demise unfolding. The bastards should be held accountable for what was earlier on in the year nothing short of a fucking robbery.
21-11-2010 01:05