Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Membership Name Colour - Chat

skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Membership Name Colour
(05-09-2010 20:58 )mitchell Wrote:  Would i be right in thinking your name colour changes with the amount of posts you do, Blue 1000, Yellow 2000 etc etc???

- Royal Blue signifies a regular maker & poster of caps/vids (1000+ posts not necessary)
- Amber (I guess this is what you mean by yellow) signifies someone who's made over 1000 posts

A member has to request the colour change, it doesn't happen automatically.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
05-09-2010 21:05
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2Bud Offline
Liverpool FC

I think there should be more colours on the forum, either for doing or achieving differant things.

My Favourite Babes: Ella, Adele, Cali, Dionne, Sophia

Liverpool FC
05-09-2010 21:10
Jam Da Man Offline

(05-09-2010 21:10 )2Bud Wrote:  I think there should be more colours on the forum, either for doing or achieving differant things.

Yeah, how about a colour for reviewers? Tongue

"The road to Good Intentions be paved with Hell"

06-09-2010 13:18
seth Offline
Master Poster

(05-09-2010 20:58 )mitchell Wrote:  A couple of weeks ago i asked if i could change my name to Mitchell, this was for none other than the childish reason of the football season has started & me being a Liverpool fan, but i was quite politely bitch slapped with a NO!!!
Would i be right in thinking your name colour changes with the amount of posts you do, Blue 1000, Yellow 2000 etc etc???

If so i better get me a shovel & hi-vis vest & get to workWink

I think you're name can change to red once you get over 10,000 posts. The reason I say is because Rammyrascal changed red when he got over 10,000. Kalel's also red. He was the first member to a 1000 posts apparently, which can never be done again unless eveyone's posts get wiped.
22-09-2010 04:17
Charlemagne Offline

(05-09-2010 20:58 )mitchell Wrote:  A couple of weeks ago i asked if i could change my name to Mitchell, this was for none other than the childish reason of the football season has started & me being a Liverpool fan, but i was quite politely bitch slapped with a NO!!!
Would i be right in thinking your name colour changes with the amount of posts you do, Blue 1000, Yellow 2000 etc etc???

If you don't like the normal membership colour there is an alternative.
It requires quite a painful operation and a major lifestyle change.
You never know, Pink may suit you
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2010 12:06 by Charlemagne.)
22-09-2010 07:46
mitchell Away
Our season, this, maybe next!!!

(22-09-2010 07:46 )Charlemagne Wrote:  If you don't like the normal membership colour there is an alternative.
It requires quite a painful operation and a major lifestyle change.
You never know, Pink may suit you

Mitchell "Hello there boys my phone is logged in so why don't you give me a call".(Annoying not so sexy voice needed)

bladewave... I don't know why i posted this... I think it's due to the excitement of being back on line after 2h 11m on the phone to India.annoyedannoyedannoyed

Scouse Mafia
"It's not bragging if you can back it up." ~ Muhammad Ali
Rome 1977, London 1978, Paris 1981, Rome 1984, Istanbul 2005 ~ Liverpool Football Club
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2010 16:44 by mitchell.)
22-09-2010 16:43
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

(22-09-2010 04:17 )seth Wrote:  I think you're name can change to red once you get over 10,000 posts. The reason I say is because Rammyrascal changed red when he got over 10,000. Kalel's also red. He was the first member to a 1000 posts apparently, which can never be done again unless eveyone's posts get wiped.

It's my understanding that the red is to symbolise bleeding fingertips. Wink

I know a couple of people think we need more colours, but when you really think about it, how many differentiations do you actually need? As well as the red for the extra determined posters, we have blue for the boys, pink for the girls, a more dignified blue for the hard working uploaders, that sickly looking orangey-yellowish colour for the members who've made 1000+ posts, a friendly green for admin and the moderation team, a stern and intimidating black for our Supermoderator and that somewhat lurid purpley-pink colour for the chatbox moderators.

So far as I can see, the only group of people not covered by the current colour scheme are the members who post a lot of screencaps, but don't necessarily upload a lot of videos. Another colour could be added for that group, certainly, although I personally favour replacing their stars beneath the username with little camera icons*. Wink

* I'm only suggesting this in the hope the cappers will like the idea and make strongly worded demands to admin for it to happen. Mischief is my middle name**.

** Not Algernon, despite rumours to the contrary.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
23-09-2010 01:22
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

(23-09-2010 01:22 )Mister Gummidge Wrote:  we have blue for the boys, pink for the girls

How little you know you sexist pig. I chose blue because I like blue.
23-09-2010 01:31
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

(23-09-2010 01:22 )Mister Gummidge Wrote:  So far as I can see, the only group of people not covered by the current colour scheme are the members who post a lot of screencaps, but don't necessarily upload a lot of videos. Another colour could be added for that group, certainly, although I personally favour replacing their stars beneath the username with little camera icons*. Wink

The 'dignified blue' is used for cappers too, for example mucker.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
23-09-2010 01:42
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

So it is. My mistake. Blush For no good reason I can think of, I was under the impression that the royal blue was reserved for the people who upload videos...

Ah well, it looks like everyone's covered then. Boys, girls, girls who just happen to like the colour blue (and concomitantly boys who like the colour pink), committed posters, not-so-committed posters who enjoy A-Z games, cappers and uploaders, two posters with a level of commitment I can only dream of and moderators of all strengths and flavours. With the possible exception of a new colour to differentiate official representatives of the various broadcasters who post here, there can't be any other colours needed, can there?

I stand by the camera icon idea though, if you're listening admin. Big Grin

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
23-09-2010 02:01