Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Rise Offline
L' énigme, elle est très belle

RE: Elite TV - General Chat & Discussion
(10-04-2010 02:30 )Bluearmy71 Wrote:   Jamie is the shows Producer not the shows Technician...

Yes, and the show's producer (not the technicians) takes the decision to switch off the stream for a specific period to avoid the traffic stampede that accompanies a Danica set.

Both 911 and 965 are now smooth as silk but there was nothing wrong with them in the first place, they were switched off.

I don't see the point in pussyfooting around that reality because to be fair, it didn't even look like Elite were trying to fake a fault at all?
I 100% agree with Aceman that this is about Jamie deciding he wants people to pay for the stream.
(He has brought the subject up this week of his own accord, let's not forget)

I'm actually not averse to the notion tbh, if there was a SMALL monthly payment purely to access the enhanced stream then that would drastically cut down the traffic hit of a Danica show for example. Whether doing that makes any kind of business sense for the station is not really our concern, Elite have the stats and have obviously decided the stream is an area where costs can and will be trimmed.

So let's acknowledge the elephant in the room and give the man some useful feedback about what level of charge and what kind of charge would be acceptable? Jamie's suggestion of 4 or 5 pounds is too much I believe, but how about the 'key' to the stream comes with membership of any elite site or on its own for £1 per month?
Everyone would win out there. An enhanced stream with such a high quality of girls would be great value for us, while by sheer virtue of there being a token charge the traffic for 'big' shows would be far reduced.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 03:07 by Rise.)
10-04-2010 02:53
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bluearmy71 Offline
Army Of Blue

(10-04-2010 02:50 )aceman65 Wrote:  Sorry Blue, I know your on good terms with him, and I don't want any of this to affect yours or anyone else's opinion of me.

But I call it as I see it. I always have, and I'm not going to apologies for that. But if I don't get any information to tell me to the contrary, then what else can I do?

Yes I'm sure he is busy, but he was on here just over an hour ago, looking over the forum. He could have made a brief statement to say what the problem is.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion Smile

I just look at what all the possibilities could be and it just doesn't make sense to me to just fire at Jamie if there were a problem!

Having said that as you all know I try to avoid webstream recording where possible so your knowledge of its workings is far better than mine.....I am still not pointing the finger of blame though!
10-04-2010 03:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

Rise, your right.

How he runs his own business it totally up to him. If he wants to know what I would consider paying for in regards to stream service, then I would say this.

1. the picture will have to bigger and better quality, than the current stream.

2. if you say uninterrupted then no timer should be in place. but I would accept say a 30min refresh.

3. it would be nice to be able to hear what the babes are saying during the calls. Not the callers, just the presenters.

Now if he was to put a package like that together, then I may consider paying, say £5 per month for that.
10-04-2010 03:14
Rise Offline

(10-04-2010 03:14 )aceman65 Wrote:  Rise, your right.

How he runs his own business it totally up to him. If he wants to know what I would consider paying for in regards to stream service, then I would say this.

1. the picture will have to bigger and better quality, than the current stream.

Definitely agree with this. There could be a zoom button on the corner of the enhanced screen to allow a decent 33-50% increase in both the x and y dimensions of the screen

aceman65 Wrote:2. if you say uninterrupted then no timer should be in place. but I would accept say a 30min refresh.

30 minutes would at least cover a 'mini-session' though I can't see why we couldn't have an hour, considering that the (presumed) main problem of excessive traffic grinding on would already have been solved..

What might be really good is a modular system where people paid a small amount for the basic 'enhanced' stream and could buy the specific extra features they wanted to add, e.g. your suggested audio feature and/or a live realtime picture-in-picture menu of all three channels.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2010 04:19 by Rise.)
10-04-2010 03:56
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
beardedbob Offline
Posting Machine

great show from danica last night, tried to ring on several occasions using the irish 1590 no. but each time was told "number not in use". anyone else have any trouble with it last night?
10-04-2010 12:28
bombshell Offline
Hazel Nut

Caught a bit of Tiffany on BS last night,does anybody else miss her as much as i do,she was sort of in the same mould as Hazel,always going that little bit further,and trying to catch the cameraman out,anyone know why she went

Its so good to be insane
nobody asks you to explain
11-04-2010 18:32
Rise Offline

We never got told why. She did some of her best ever stuff in the first few weeks at Elite then suddenly seemed to lose that early enthusiasm and almost immediately went back to BS.

A real shame she never stuck around to do 2-4-1s with the superior team of girls that Elite signs.
11-04-2010 19:37
EliteTVonline.com Offline
Junior Poster

(10-04-2010 01:55 )aceman65 Wrote:  I say works, but he has replaced it with there own front page stream that redirects you to the subscription page after two minutes, Not a smart thing to do, when people are using it to call the channel.
Apologies for this, a genuine mistake with the new player. We made some adjustments earlier and the stream on the credit card service now plays for 30 minutes uninterrupted. Once this time has elapsed, you'll be directed to "click here to continue viewing" rather than the subscription page.

Ta

www.elitetvonline.com
12-04-2010 17:22
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

(12-04-2010 17:22 )EliteTVonline.com Wrote:  
(10-04-2010 01:55 )aceman65 Wrote:  I say works, but he has replaced it with there own front page stream that redirects you to the subscription page after two minutes, Not a smart thing to do, when people are using it to call the channel.
Apologies for this, a genuine mistake with the new player. We made some adjustments earlier and the stream on the credit card service now plays for 30 minutes uninterrupted. Once this time has elapsed, you'll be directed to "click here to continue viewing" rather than the subscription page.

Ta

Thanks for that. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Now maybe I use some of my credit. Tongue
12-04-2010 19:59
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

Is it just me, or do the new graphics on channel 914 look remarkably similar to BangBabes graphics. Huh
12-04-2010 21:29