babestation harem

Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 150 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average

Babestation - General Chat & Discussion

ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

RE: Babestation - General Chat & Discussion
Anyone else attempting to judge how BS are bearing up as a company just now? (I'll always be interested in the ££ side of things because it goes directly to what material we get fed on the streams and how long it'll all continue.) I think it's a most pertinent time for the question given that, a) we are now beyond the false effects of the covid period; b) 66's studio closure has left BS with a virtual monopoly over this type of Adult output (XP is quite a different proposition in reality); and c) we're moving through a time of increasing strain on most consumers' finances.

There are a couple of specific intricacies we can look at when attempting to gauge current usage of their services I think. Consideration that also throws up some intriguing ancillary issues; along with one longterm quandary...

1. Even before 66's capitulation, BS had been running seemingly endless extra credits flash sales for some time. (All offer 50% bonuses on top ups, though some of the eligibility conditions do change.) At a conservative estimate I'd say they are currently putting up five or six times the number they used to before the ecomonic crisis. Bluntly, no business does that sort of wall to wall promotion off the back off anything but a notable downturn in revenue.* [Since writing this I've had it confirmed at secondhand that BS's current take is indeed down on last year's figures.] (They are essentially devaluing everyone's credits by running solidly consistent promos of this sort btw. There's no such thing as a free lunch here. Babes will be more than aware of the artificial inflation to balances involved and will simply put their prices up accordingly. Remember, they too are going to be feeling the effects of the general consumer crunch - even if not to the extent of the average babeshow user. We've already seen this evidenced: Babes giving themselves a defacto pay rise by increasing the amounts required for any given content. BS will be the ones taking most - if not all - of the hit for any freebie credits included in this.)

2. At specific times in recent weeks many of the shift producers have started promoting buzzes at 3 for 1 rates (up from the previous bonus standard of 2 for 1). As above, this increase can only be as a consequence of less credits being spent. This time it's such tipping that can be seen to have been suffering. Hence the need for bigger (as well as more regular) incentivising of this sort. The prod's are reacting to a dearth of buzzes going in here, or to specific known tipper(s) being on stream, and this an attempt to stimulate redress. It's not done out of altruism or anything else!

3. Gold Shows have all but disappeared from BS's output. (The Golds can, I think, be put down as a total and abject failure on BS's part at this point.) As with #2, for me this shows BS have taught guys too well that the most effective way (i.e. the best vfm) to spend credits is on individualised experiences (i.e. those that are to some extent exclusive). This has left any user not favouring this type of kink largely a frustrated minority out in the cold. So innovations of this sort are starting out hamstrung and tend to fail as a result. Too many guys known the fulfilments are not going to be worth it or done as anything but a tease to paywalled material at best. They've pissed in their own tipping well for too long essentially...
   The question then remains to what significance it is detrimental to BS to edge further and further along this single minded path (i.e. fulfilling the desires of only the paywall inclined customer)? Is paywalled content enough to keep everything going on its own? Personally I can't help but feel this lack of succesful variety in output is a subtle but trickly prominent problem for BS atm. And it's not helping the channels' reach at all. It's certainly not helping chatboxes, and the vibe in babes' 'rooms' (something that is also deficient at 66 - if for different reasons).

Q.: Lastly, the channels continue to face the thorny old issue of how much time/effort/resources to put into their TV output. While Cams and the web have an (easily?) expandable scope, schedule space on TV will always be more limited. And with the saturation of babes with name value that are now resident at BS, getting TV shifts will not be a forgone conclusion for all the contenders available (and those that do make it onto TV are more likely to be simply displacing others that could also get decent stats there). (The prospect of any operator sourcing new TV capacity any time soon looks highly unlikely when the whole industry has done nothing but shrink on the box over the last 7 years. The future of the shows is generally acknowledged to be elsewhere for very good reason.)
    66 eventually thought they could do without any TV presence at all (note their last epg slot went after their studio - that makes it feel like there was a possibility it could've been retained if their roster had needed it more). For BS it would be hoped such a thing is unthinkable. (Their traditional powerhouse of nights remains the presumed totem on this.) Nevertheless, they might be wise to consider how, and to what extent, 66 brought about their own demise on the platform.
    Looking at what happened to 66: A consistent use of a fine and varied roster would seem to be a big part in guarding against any repeat of their fate. But who of those arriving from 66 is actually going to make BS's TV more profitable not simply more varied?
    And, more generally, how much does a babe's and an operator's TV standing propel a guy to spend on (the now vastly more important) web? Babes vary in this of course though the trend is in the expected direction (Darelle is the latest big name to say she feels she doesn't need TV anymore) but an operator is different I think. An operator without the TV element to its programming is simply a massively lesser prospect for me as a user, even though TV doesn't form a direct part of my spending. That's an odd counterintuitive concept I know but an important one as I see it. (While it has the obvious advantage of being largely regulation free, the babes continue to confound the FTA element on the web in other ways. Thus it sometimes feels a poor replacement for the appeal of the old TV format. That needs addressing if the web is to replace the show's TV presence in a fully rounded fashion.)

Conclusion: I think it most likely 66 had become of less and less competition to BS over the years. Even so, the former's clearing of the decks will have been reasonably beneficial to BS struggles for the moment. If punters want to continue with the typical shows they only really have one port of call now. And in particular, they've captured a couple of the last significant 'name' babes 66 had and a big portion of each's hardline followers will have come over with them. (Just how many users can afford to spend substantially with more than one operator at any given time?) Otoh, guys are only going to have dwindling discretionary spends over the coming months; and that may well prove of much greater importance than any 66 fallout.
   As for the future: I'll only believe BS have come out the other side of the worst the country has in store when they stop promoting flash offers so heavily. It's a real giveaway of a specific decline in fortunes just now.

* Just the other day, BS's close associate, Rampant ran at truly exceptional 66% bonus credits offer. So it seems BS are by no means alone in feeling a pinch atm.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
13-10-2022 17:41
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

This is an interesting topic, now that BS have become like Wetherspoons and XP are like the Rovers Return/Queen Vic.

I've noticed the constant top up bonuses too. I think they only used to do them once a month.

3 for 1 buzzes does sound like a desperate attempt to increase punter spending.

Gold shows might've worked if they made buzzes count towards them.

BS needing sites like Streamate to gain punters is interesting too.

I love babes with brown nipples
13-10-2022 19:54
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

I worked out that if a punter spent money every minute during an 8 hour show via these methods, this how much BS would make:

Calls £960. Perv £1,440. Private £2,400. £5 buzz £2,400. £7.50 buzz £3,600. £10 buzz £4,800. £25 buzz £12,000.

It's more beneficial for the channels to get buzzes or privates for 4 hours, than it is for them to take calls for 8 hours.

They days of a babe and their cameraman working in synergy on TV to meet the desires of a £40 caller for 20 minutes are long gone.

And with so many punters paying babes £5 to get a PM, that will be BS' next update on their site, once their merchandise fails.

Or maybe they'll copy Stremate's gold menu, hoping that'll be more successful than when they copied their gold shows.

The only other public metrics to judge the time and money punters spend on BS are the chatbox and leaderboard.

The chatboxes have a small set of regular punters, and the top spenders on the weekly leaderboard are even smaller.

13-10-2022 20:11
Spike1876 Offline
Senior Poster

Another Great Post Shandy... And this one only took me a couple of hours to read laugh Wink
13-10-2022 20:19
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(13-10-2022 20:11 )ryuken Wrote:  I worked out that if a punter spent money every minute during an 8 hour show via these methods, this how much BS would make:

Calls £960. Perv £1,440. Private £2,400. £5 buzz £2,400. £7.50 buzz £3,600. £10 buzz £4,800. £25 buzz £12,000.

It's more beneficial for the channels to get buzzes or privates for 4 hours, than it is for them to take calls for 8 hours.

They days of a babe and their cameraman working in synergy on TV to meet the desires of a £40 caller for 20 minutes are long gone.

And with so many punters paying babes £5 to get a PM, that will be BS' next update on their site, once their merchandise fails.

Or maybe they'll copy Stremate's gold menu, hoping that'll be more successful than when they copied their gold shows.

The only other public metrics to judge the time and money punters spend on BS are the chatbox and leaderboard.

The chatboxes have a small set of regular punters, and the top spenders on the weekly leaderboard are even smaller.

This is very good Ryuken. You show the very basic returns from the shows' multifaceted sandwich of interactions. These things are of course not binary (even within their own category) nor on the same timescales as one another (one buzz is not 60 seconds worth) but your comparison does show how each 'invention' (usually basterdised from elsewhere) over the years has upped the stakes in monetary terms.

It also illustrates how the shows can't give up its oldest tricks: Just as calls have always had listeners in and perv, of course, similarly allowed multiple users at once, when privates became part of the regular shifts the ever greedy operators couldn't resist the idea of multiple £5s flowing in for each one. Simulcasting on Streamate and Stripchat (if it does nothing else) allows the babes to cheat on making privates the 1-on-1 experience the objective observer might quite justifiably expect them to be.

Your tail of the tape on the buzzes is a particular eye opener because, of course, a dedicated half competent babe - one willing to put on a show - could get dozens of various buzzes a minute. The monies (as anyone that recalls those old Atlanta shows can attest) could be huge. The fact that a lot at BS can't get half a dozen buzzes an hour tells its own truth. They've DISCOURAGED that business in favour of hiding away instead. And because the majority of babes didn't want to work the other way, BS eventually found it prudent to make it so that business couldn't be encouraged to take hold to any great extent (the decision to ban open leg from fta). Majority business protected... Buzzes and tips are now lapped up as pure bunce on BS, little more.

Cameramen were an expense the channels convinced dopey punters they didn't need. (Where are the Tip Goal for 20 minutes of POV cameraman?! Rolleyes )

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2022 00:13 by ShandyHand.)
13-10-2022 21:50
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Yikes, another boring night on BS.

AKA Lara Croft
13-10-2022 23:04
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

I was watching BS for a bit tonight and there was a 50% extra deal for new users, and 4 50% extra top up sales for existing users too.

You're right ShandyHand, BS' multifacted sandwich of interactions could include buzzes during listen-in calls, buzzes during perv cam etc.

I think the most BS could make from 1 babe in 8 hours is £720,000 from £25 buzzes every second from 1 punter. Add on £2,400 if a punter is doing it during a private.

If a babe is in private on BSCams, Stripchat and Streamate at the same time too, and got a £25 buzz every second as well then it could total £2,889,600 in 8 hours.

I don't see the 2 minute challenge or listen in lines being promoted that much anymore either. Everything appears to be mostly geared towards buzzes, tip goals and perv cam.

I'm sure I'm not that only punter that has been encouraged to call back later when a babe has accepted a private cam request during a call to them.

It is interesting how the option to take a babe doing a TV studio show into private cam during night shows isn't an option, but it is available during morning and afternoon shows.

14-10-2022 00:12
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Another boring tame one zzzzzz

AKA Lara Croft
17-10-2022 02:24
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine