Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

S66 Studio Closure

Nitram100 Offline
Moderate poster

RE: S66 Studio Closure
(04-09-2022 19:03 )Sm© Wrote:  
(04-09-2022 18:27 )generator60 Wrote:  I wonder what will happen to s66's equipment cameras lights etc. It may have been leased I suppose. keep an eye on eBay.

Probs send the equipment back to the original owner, paul chaplin...

Thought he had connections with Bluebird tv might be wrong but I wouldn't be totally surprised tbh
04-09-2022 19:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snooks Away
Where's the cue ball going?

I haven't watched S66 in so long that to see it close its studio output barely makes any difference. Through a serious blunderfest of epic proportions over a long time span S66 has eaten itself alive.
It had plentiful opportunity to make good but instead did the complete opposite particularly from around 2015 onwards.
End of lease or no end of lease the extent of negligent incompetence and utterly delusional intransigence has created a rather pathetic and sad course to oblivion for a channel that was once the great innovator and game changer.

RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

04-09-2022 20:40
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

(04-09-2022 05:21 )Spike1876 Wrote:  
(03-09-2022 23:52 )ryuken Wrote:  S66 could go down the BSCams and AW route of letting punters sign up for free, but pay for all group cam and private cam shows.

Isn't that basically what they were doing anyway?

Sort of, but AW and BSCams don't have a monthly membership fee just to access their sites Bounce
04-09-2022 21:19
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

A lot of speculation about fines and rent. I've said it already, it will be the the electric bill that killed them.

It's going to kill a lot of businesses this winter.
04-09-2022 21:27
docutech Offline
Posting Machine

(01-09-2022 14:50 )hornball Wrote:  
(01-09-2022 14:34 )HannahsPet Wrote:  i think Xpanded will be ok they have a really cheap call fee and are always busy providing they dont go mental and take some of the S66 girls and go 3 or 4 on a bed
I agree overall with that. A few additions though are surely necessary to freshen things up, and create a 'I wonder who' environment. At the moment you don't have to have psychic powers to come up with the names - particularly at night - that are likely to be on ( I make it a total of 13, and fewer than that in terms of regulars) already short in terms of doubling up every night for a week??? That is not a criticism, but merely an observation of how predictable things have become. With Georgia seemingly calling time on her appearances at night, another hole to fill. <- Didn't really intend to come out with that last bit in the way it did, but you get my point!!Blushlaugh

NB I struggle to see - as stated before, why xpanded are failing to do ......well just that!

Spoken to two 66 day girls who have now been approached by Xpanded, because they currently do TV day shifts, one is very interested because her home cam is poor and she prefers the TV, the other said the travel is off-putting but she is keeping her options open as they been back to her with two offers now.

Xpanded is the complete opposite to 66 it's run a bit like a boot camp on set very controlling and rigid, plus all external content and cam is exclusive to So Spoilt to my knowledge .
04-09-2022 22:06
southlondonphil Offline
Master Poster

(04-09-2022 16:26 )winsaw Wrote:  they should never have left firestorm the cut they wanted for 66 to say on that platform was not excessive from what i heard

It was actually nothing to do with the 'cut'.

The streaming technology they are using now, since the site redesign last December, simply isn't compatible with what Firestorm use, making it impossible for S66 to stay on the Firestorm platform.

The fact that they left Firestorm on the same day that the new S66 site was launched wasn't a coincidence.
04-09-2022 22:11
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

(04-09-2022 22:06 )docutech Wrote:  
(01-09-2022 14:50 )hornball Wrote:  
(01-09-2022 14:34 )HannahsPet Wrote:  i think Xpanded will be ok they have a really cheap call fee and are always busy providing they dont go mental and take some of the S66 girls and go 3 or 4 on a bed
I agree overall with that. A few additions though are surely necessary to freshen things up, and create a 'I wonder who' environment. At the moment you don't have to have psychic powers to come up with the names - particularly at night - that are likely to be on ( I make it a total of 13, and fewer than that in terms of regulars) already short in terms of doubling up every night for a week??? That is not a criticism, but merely an observation of how predictable things have become. With Georgia seemingly calling time on her appearances at night, another hole to fill. <- Didn't really intend to come out with that last bit in the way it did, but you get my point!!Blushlaugh

NB I struggle to see - as stated before, why xpanded are failing to do ......well just that!

Spoken to two 66 day girls who have now been approached by Xpanded, because they currently do TV day shifts, one is very interested because her home cam is poor and she prefers the TV, the other said the travel is off-putting but she is keeping her options open as they been back to her with two offers now.

Xpanded is the complete opposite to 66 it's run a bit like a boot camp on set very controlling and rigid, plus all external content and cam is exclusive to So Spoilt to my knowledge .
Very interesting! I know you can't disclose, and I wouldn't ask, but I wonder who, and will they entice others they know to move too if they do?? I know who I would hope it is (obviously not the one headed for Spain alasSad ) Good to know that Xpanded is in the running for potentially bringing former S66 girls across, with BS seemingly in the box seat. Lets up they can secure the deals. Worth far more I would say, than any deal done on transfer deadline dayBig Laugh
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022 22:19 by hornball.)
04-09-2022 22:18
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(04-09-2022 22:11 )southlondonphil Wrote:  The streaming technology they are using now, since the site redesign last December, simply isn't compatible with what Firestorm use, making it impossible for S66 to stay on the Firestorm platform.

Why did they switch to technology that was going to reduce their customer base?
04-09-2022 22:19
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(04-09-2022 22:11 )southlondonphil Wrote:  
(04-09-2022 16:26 )winsaw Wrote:  they should never have left firestorm the cut they wanted for 66 to say on that platform was not excessive from what i heard

It was actually nothing to do with the 'cut'.

The streaming technology they are using now, since the site redesign last December, simply isn't compatible with what Firestorm use, making it impossible for S66 to stay on the Firestorm platform.

The fact that they left Firestorm on the same day that the new S66 site was launched wasn't a coincidence.

They choose Tec that was incompatible as they had decided to leave as they thought they could make more without giving firestorm a cut clearly it didn't work,
They could have easily stayed on the firestorm platform with a redesigned and compatible site if they wanted to,
It really was all about the cut and 66 thinking they could make more £ without giving away any

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
04-09-2022 22:21
dirtytommy Offline
Senior Poster

whats happening to the old studio?

maybe us forum members club ib and buy it....
then get the girls to call us at £5 a minute to get our moobs out?
04-09-2022 22:25