Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average

Darts

HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Darts
its £15,000 this year

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
03-01-2016 09:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Gary Anderson has retained his PDC World Title after a 7-5 win over Adrian Lewis.

03-01-2016 22:24
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Glad about that.

It's odd, many BDO folk, such as Anderson, seem quite underwhelming there, and yet feted enough to go to the PDC. Anderson never struck me as a BDO world champion, so it seems weird that he's now a 2-time PDC one. I can grasp the idea that playing better players might improve his own skills, but that sort of evolution seems somehow OTT.

I notice last year's runner-up Fallon "some resemblance to Alex Adams" Sherrock has been KO'd from the Women's tourney already.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
03-01-2016 22:46
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Yep Sherrock is out of the BDO Womens event.
Anastasia Dobromyslova is also out.
Nine time ladies champ Trina Gulliver had an almighty scare too before battling through a sudden death leg.

In the BDO mens event top seed Glen Durrant and defending champion Scott Mitchell have both progressed to round two.

03-01-2016 22:54
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

And Scott Waites!

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
04-01-2016 09:35
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

(03-01-2016 22:46 )Doddle Wrote:  Glad about that.

It's odd, many BDO folk, such as Anderson, seem quite underwhelming there, and yet feted enough to go to the PDC. Anderson never struck me as a BDO world champion, so it seems weird that he's now a 2-time PDC one. I can grasp the idea that playing better players might improve his own skills, but that sort of evolution seems somehow OTT.

I notice last year's runner-up Fallon "some resemblance to Alex Adams" Sherrock has been KO'd from the Women's tourney already.

Maybe its the better quality of player in the pdc made him up his game in the beginning

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
04-01-2016 10:04
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Anderson won the International Darts League and World Darts Trophy in 2007 while still in BDO which had a field of best players from both organisations including World Champions beating likes of Phil Taylor, Adrian Lewis, James Wade to name just a few
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 16:53 by mikedafc.)
04-01-2016 16:50
Mellow Offline
Posting Machine

This year's Premier League participants have been announced as:

Gary Anderson, Michael van Gerwen, Adrian Lewis, Phil Taylor, Raymond van Barneveld, Dave Chisnall, James Wade, Peter Wright, Michael Smith, Robert Thornton.

The tournament starts on 4th February.
04-01-2016 17:41
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Thought Ted Hankey was comfortably through, so I was surprised by "Hankey whitewashed in 1st round" stories. Turned out he was comfortably through a Preliminary round (!)

Eurosport tends to show a few BDO events, and I daresay they wouldn't quibble at the chance of the World Championships.

05-01-2016 09:01
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

Have to say that the BDO atmosphere is completely different to the PDC worlds in fact its almost dead when they throw the darts dont know hadnt noticed before until watching the pdc for the last couple of weeks

05-01-2016 12:47