Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion

admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

RE: Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion
(18-09-2015 22:47 )DB83 Wrote:  ^^ Ok. They do have a broadcasting licence so that could be sold on with the approval of Ofcom.

Broadcasting licences can't be sold on under any circumstances. An existing channel can be sold, but the buyer would have to apply to Ofcom for their own licence to broadcast.
20-09-2015 02:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
donnafan913 Offline
Senior Poster

If they have a telly shopping license but aren't selling anything on these recordings doesn't that mean there in breach of their license ?
20-09-2015 07:31
DB83 Online
Posting Machine

(20-09-2015 02:54 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 22:47 )DB83 Wrote:  ^^ Ok. They do have a broadcasting licence so that could be sold on with the approval of Ofcom.

Broadcasting licences can't be sold on under any circumstances. An existing channel can be sold, but the buyer would have to apply to Ofcom for their own licence to broadcast.

Ok. Maybe I worded that badly.

A new service can use an existing licence. Although the original holder is still responsible for the content.
20-09-2015 09:46
biggles Offline
@biggles_james

Can't see the logic, they are showing repeats and with a banner saying phone lines are closed so how is this going to attract viewers or talent and given the history of SinTV who would be either at this point? The only thing that springs to mind is that as part of any licence they hold they must continue to broadcast.
20-09-2015 10:06
DB83 Online
Posting Machine

(20-09-2015 07:31 )donnafan913 Wrote:  If they have a telly shopping license but aren't selling anything on these recordings doesn't that mean there in breach of their license ?

Hardly. The licence is to broadcast.

Now if they screwed up and broadcast a recording of one of the x-streams that would be a totally different matter.

There was a channel a few years ago on Hotbird - TV6 - which broadcast from a night club in Austria. It had an Austrian licence and at that time the regulator allowed full-on hc fta. So that channel broadcast its live-shows every night.

The regulator closed its loophole and TV6 had to encrypt (did it in an arsed sought of way with its own box which few outside Austria could actually buy). The channel stopped broadcasting on Hotbird soon after.

It came back some months later and all it showed was recording of its go-girls in the day and the phone-in girls in the evening/night. The late hours were more explicit (full nudity from the peep-shows) but not the hardcore that they originally showed and that part of the broadcast should have stopped and 6 am.

But they kept the tapes running throughout that morning and early afternoon. Soon followed by a blank screen. The channel never returned.
20-09-2015 10:10
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

I suppose sin must have a reason for showing a continuous loop of old shows, I just can't figure out what it is.
20-09-2015 16:25
DB83 Online
Posting Machine

^^ Well I take it just to be a test since they, apparently, are now at a new location and need to be sure that transmission is working before they go 'live'

But, there again, there is usually a facility on Astra to test the broadcast and not use a 'live' EPG service.
20-09-2015 19:13
Pixel Offline
Junior Poster

I'm sure I remember reading on this forum some time ago that Sky will take your epg slot away if you don't use it within a certain period (I think it was three months). Therefore, assuming my theory is true, Sin had to transmit something or lose their only remaining asset.
20-09-2015 21:17
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

(19-09-2015 14:25 )DB83 Wrote:  ^^ So there is absolute proof that s66 sold that slot ? If they were selling they surely would have gone earlier than they did and Sin could have started sooner and, maybe, had a better chance.

Sin TV couldn't have started any sooner than it did, because their start was dependent upon them obtaining a licence from Ofcom. Once the licence was in place they were able to secure the EPG slot from Studio 66 almost immediately. If you check the dates you'll see that the date the licence was issued and the date of Sin TV's first broadcast weren't very far apart.
21-09-2015 01:32
Justin-Dabath Offline
Junior Poster

The girl on the Sin recorded show currently this minute - is the hottest girl on any of the channels at this minute in time,
21-09-2015 05:57