Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

EuroBabes - Chat & Discussion

welshken Offline
Posting Machine

RE: EuroBabes - Chat & Discussion
(14-02-2015 00:57 )DB83 Wrote:  @welshken

Do not be fooled by their hype. They have made such comments for years when they attempted to have a voice within that other forum.

One issue with the current PPV system is it is selective. Why run it on Friday and Saturday but not on Sunday ?.

Yes, 2 credits appears cheap but make that even 5 days a week, four weeks a month and it becomes a quite expensive membership system. And they know full well that their viewers will soon be hooked. Or they simply give up due to the cost. A more likely scenario.

And put a guy in front of a PC screen even for 2 credits a night and he is not gonna phone. In fact that same guy is likely to complain if there is no special content that he expected for his entrance fee.

There is another angle. Consider that caller who has no PC access or as with many it is in another room to the tv. He is on the phone to a model who suddenly, without due warning, goes from his view. He is not gonna stay on the phone so they have lost that call. I still think that call revenue is the prime source to pay the bills but the more content you take away from the caller the less you make. But let them find that out the hard way.

I cant comment about prior to Wednesday as that was the first time I watched the channel.
the PPV days: well it was supposed to be just Wednesday, but then they announced earlier Friday that they would do the exclusives on Friday and Saturday nights too. who knows what they will do for Sunday onwards. BSX started doing Wed/Fri/Sat and that fell aprt quick enough. and they wanted £5 or £8 depending on their mood lol
so the 2 credits which is about £2.50 is a lot better value.

and as you say, its 3 days a week? si that's £7.50 per week. Price of a couple of pints for about 15hrs viewing. Bargain me thinks.

As for the guy in front of the screen. To watch the main show, which goes to nude, its free. There is no entrance fee!
Its only the exclusives that are chargeable, and at the £2.50 per night.

And your last point, I just dont understand what your saying: So he's on the phone to a girl, and his PC access is in a different room to his TV? he just logs into their website for free and watch's it there.

I do wonder if you're just trying to find problems where there aren't any.
For each viewer that just watches the exclusives, that's £2.50 each. Covering Europe, that could be 10's or 100's of thousands per night, (Europe's population in 2013 was nearly 750 million, so 100,000 is easy) at £2.50 each!
so I disagree with your argument, its makes it easy to keep going, with £250,000 income per night, plus call charges to cover the costs of broadcast and licenses, the likes of bs and st66 make enough from call charges alone to cover their costs.

let them find out the hard way? you're coming across as the self appointed expert now.

obviously we all have different viewpoints and opinions, and we all have the same rights to air them, but I do find it strange that people (not just you) seem to enjoy posting on forums, proclaiming that 'its all doomed to fail'.
If you don't watch the channel, what do you care? why post negativity?

I used to post on the BSX thread. But then I used to pay and watch on the site, so I was posted on a product that I used. when I stopped paying, I stopped posting, as its now bugger all to do with me.

I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go at you personally, I just think that if you don't use the product or plan to, haven't you got anything better to do that try and criticise it, especially if you're not using it and can therefore not fairly comment about the product that you don't use, and have already made assumptions that are proven incorrect.
14-02-2015 05:06
Find all posts by this user
Markus76 Offline
Junior Poster

(13-02-2015 23:46 )welshken Wrote:  
(13-02-2015 13:46 )Markus76 Wrote:  
(13-02-2015 10:27 )DB83 Wrote:  You may care to read the attached 'rant' buried amongst the pages of the site's wall. The claim is that this is not an official comment (now where is that flying pig ?.)

http://www.etvshow.com/?action=details&did=725

The most interesting point here is the insistence that they CAN promote the website on Sky since the content is not R18. But think they have been severely mislead if they have entirely relied on the guidelines as posted and not also read, and understood, the rules as posted above. True that any rule is subject to interpretation but there is no advocate here. The judge and jury is Ofcom.

Of course their continued absence could be due to something entirely different.

Well written DB,

i think the only Amateurs in the Business are "our" Friends in Molvanien.....

well reading their post, there is logic in what they say. they haven't shown any R18 stuff, yet Smile

and as for their general viewpoint about everyone wanting freebies, and moaning if they have to pay. Gotta say, I've seen a few of the comments, and a few posters and bloggers need to pipe down a bit or pay up. its cheap enough.

As always, there'll always be a few that just want to whinge and whine and criticise regardless of what happens.

I like the channel, and so far, I like their attitude.

And why you always praise them?

Watch them longer then 2 weeks and you see what happens there...

I dont write more....
14-02-2015 11:19
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

I do not mind you 'having a go at me personally'. This is an open forum so everyone has a point of view. No one is absolutely correct.

I write not from expertise but from experience. I have witnessed the development of this channel from day one and practically every night up to January/Feb 2013 IIRC. I have seen every single attempt they have made in PPV stuff and I seen each of them fail for one reason or another. I have also, personally, spoken to various persons both in front of and behind the cameras which gives me a better idea of what goes on there than most commentators.

I smile at your theory of the income they could make from a part PPV night-time venture. Yes, the potential European-wide audience can be expressed in 10's of thousands. I guess that the actual audience is substantially less with the contributing audience a small percentage of that.

The main reason for such a venture is not income accumulation but income substitution. I once had an audience with the owner of the channel and he was bemoaning the loss of income caused by regulation etc. So, to survive, they had to find a decent way replace that. They basically did that with the VODs.

But now, let me tell you a story. I have subscribed to that but certainly not spent £100's on it. Before Christmas I had a message that they were giving me 15 free videos of any cost plus a % of the total actual cost of those videos the next time I 'topped up'. I, naturally,took the 15 videos. Almost the next day, I received another identical offer and am currently at 12 of the 15 which will expire quite soon. To be honest, I am struggling to complete that offer with the content potentially available which is in 100's of videos - but the majority of those are now these 'exclusives' which were requested during the day-time many of which are 5 or so minutes long. They are not putting up the night-time 'exclusives' which means there is only one way to pay and see them. To me, that speaks volumes of the current take up of that service. Why do you think that they find it now necessary to directly promote that ? They saw a new, potential, audience in the UK since others had now bored of it.

Finally, if you think that both BS and s66 survive on call volume alone, why do you think they both have webcam services etc. ?
14-02-2015 11:31
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

I didn't check last night but I assume Sky 945 showed Babestation Blue again and not Euro Babes.
14-02-2015 11:35
Slick84 Offline
Junior Poster

If at any given moment I can call and speak with a model out of the blue, I don't think that the call volume is THAT high, to be frank.
14-02-2015 12:39
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(14-02-2015 11:35 )elgar1uk Wrote:  I didn't check last night but I assume Sky 945 showed Babestation Blue again and not Euro Babes.

Yep 945 was back to duplicating bs blue last night. Not surprised what has happened to eurobabes one bit

Piper Niven Superfan
14-02-2015 15:11
Slick84 Offline
Junior Poster

(14-02-2015 05:06 )welshken Wrote:  I cant comment about prior to Wednesday as that was the first time I watched the channel.
the PPV days: well it was supposed to be just Wednesday, but then they announced earlier Friday that they would do the exclusives on Friday and Saturday nights too. who knows what they will do for Sunday onwards. BSX started doing Wed/Fri/Sat and that fell aprt quick enough. and they wanted £5 or £8 depending on their mood lol
so the 2 credits which is about £2.50 is a lot better value.

and as you say, its 3 days a week? si that's £7.50 per week. Price of a couple of pints for about 15hrs viewing. Bargain me thinks.

The point is that, by your own admission (and obviously this is the only thing ETV wanted from the UK market), you started watching the channel when everything was like this.

Up until March 2012 (except for a couple occasional attempts), everything was "free" on TV. Which means that, from 2005 to 2012, they survived just as well like that. People called and sent messages for shows as well as compliments.

In March 2012, the Website was introduced. People had to buy credits to watch so-called "Exclusive" shows. But you didn't actually need to expend any credit: Exclusive shows were free to members who had bought a credit package. You could use credits to send messages and call in the normal TV show (or in the Exclusives, if you wanted).

Around July-August 2012, they introduced "Premium Shows". Shows on the Web where you actually had to shell out credits in order to view them.

Some time after that, in 2013, they stopped doing organized Exclusives (with fixed models and times), and did them only on request (i.e.: with people spending money beforehand).

In January 2014, they started doing "Daytime Premium Shows", shows that lasted from 10 to 30 minutes (depending on their mood of the week), were nothing more or better than usual Exclusives, and people had to pay to watch them. Normal exclusives were done only if there was enough time left after the DPS.

Around the last months of the year (September-October, can't remember with precision), they introduced the "viewing fee" for ALL the registered (and therefore already paying) members of their Website whenever somebody asked for an Exclusive Show, directly contradicting one of their first guidelines ("Registered members can watch Exclusive Shows for free").

Finally, they now introduced this initiative also in the nightshows, and this is when you start watching the channel.

I understand your not understanding the criticism of longtime viewers, but I trust you realize that there is an obvious spiralling towards plucking as much money as they can. Also, in no single iteration have they actually upped the ante of their shows, in terms of what they show. Which makes the increasing costs even more annoying for viewers.
I repeat, just like DB83 said, I have figuratively almost zero interest in what they show, as I have found much better alternatives (some for free, some not) and all the models that I liked have abandoned ship. However, I wouldn't absolutely be against pricing IF there was a directly proportional increase of quality in the contents. I'm a person that has no problems paying a hefty sum for a meal at a restaurant if the meal is awesome, and the same principle applies here. Unfortunately, ETV have the bad habit of introducing a new, paying service, and instead of making that new service better and more interesting, they worsen everything else in order to make you pay for the same stuff you used to see for free until the day before.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2015 18:32 by Slick84.)
14-02-2015 18:28
Markus76 Offline
Junior Poster

The worst thing is, that ETv dont care about the Customers. Read the ETV Wall on the ETVShow.com Website and you understand how they treat the Customers...
14-02-2015 20:55
HEX!T Away
Retired

lol they dont care about any 1 who doesnt put money in there pockets...
even when you do they will only care as long as your paying them to...
i recently made an addition to my vlc playlist on liveshows and logged on tonight to find its been taken down. guess they dont want you watching either lol...

update... just flicked on to etv and saw a message. to continue viewing this show you need to be a vip member.
the cost of the rest of the show is 2 credits... lol...
i guess there now sinking to a new low. 1 week they piss off there regular customers. the next they try to win them back. the week after they start charging there regulars to see what they got for free the previous week...
there acting like drug pushers lol...
heres your taster... next time its 2 bux a pop...

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2015 02:12 by HEX!T.)
15-02-2015 00:19
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

Some fella has posted on the ETV wall and has received a reply. Methinks you may care to read it. (Posted here for convenience)
-----------------------------------------------------
DB (formerly known as)
Sunday, 15th Feb 2015

As a long-standing, and occasional caller, viewer from the UK, to the channel, I viewed with interest your intent on broadcasting direct to UK. Yet no sooner had the service started, it finished. And no explanation as to why. I expect many UK viewers are puzzled by this. Some enlightenment would be welcome.

ETV Team: Dear DB, Now we are making researches and trying to make a decision: could we and would we continue working on this platform, considering the kind of requirements and restrictions? The problem is complex and goes beyond the specific TV platform or the specific rules and restrictions. The time has come when the creators who are exploring the erotica and sensuality, have to make a choice and take the right path to follow. How should they develop their production, how should they offer it to their viewers?

Together with our viewers we have to decide where we want to meet from now on, so we have to build this place, to make a place we like, a place we feel comfortable in, one that does according to our needs. Technology is available and provides thousands of ways to create and broadcast all kind of creative work. We just have to look for the way that is best for us and we have to overcome our little habits, sometimes even go beyond our comfort zone.

We will see whether SKY UK meets our requirements and needs. It is possible that we create special shows for this platform or maybe it is possible that we make a turn to the OTT platforms and forms of broadcast because we think they have a huge potential and efficiency and they develop surprisingly fast. Regards, ETV
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I had a headache when I (oops) sent the wall post. I have a bigger one now I have read the response. Can anyone make any sense out of it ?
15-02-2015 20:33
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV