Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Rules and Regulations

continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Rules and Regulations
(29-07-2013 21:24 )eccles Wrote:  The fortnightly broadcasting bulletin was due out today, but sod protecting the nation from filth, its hot weather so Ofcom has gone to the beach instead.

Bounce haha nice one Eccles
29-07-2013 21:49
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HoneyRocks Offline
Honey Monster

Is anyone watching Cathouse on SkyLiving Channel 122? Some of it certainly more graphic than the babe channels lol!

I really don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Lovely beautiful Honey Scott IS my favourite very cute bundle of yummy Marshmallow Fluff!!! <3
29-07-2013 22:10
HoneyRocks Offline
Honey Monster

(29-07-2013 21:49 )continental19 Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 21:24 )eccles Wrote:  The fortnightly broadcasting bulletin was due out today, but sod protecting the nation from filth, its hot weather so Ofcom has gone to the beach instead.

Bounce haha nice one Eccles

Have they gone to the nudist beach? Perhaps it's the one in North Norfolk mentioned recently on BBC Radio 2 cos of alleged dogging taking place there lol!

I really don't care what anyone else thinks!!! Lovely beautiful Honey Scott IS my favourite very cute bundle of yummy Marshmallow Fluff!!! <3
29-07-2013 22:13
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

I like how S66, like all the channels, have a 'no bad language' policy - even after the watershed - but are quite happy to play that annoying skanky song during the day which quite clearly includes the line, "... I thought I'd write a poem... and fuck your tiny mind..."
21-08-2014 21:58
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Depressing example of how broken decision making is.

8 years to go through the legal process. Hate to think what that cost.

Quote:How charities fall foul of the TV ad rules

Some not-for-profits have fallen foul of the rules on broadcast ads, but how were the decisions made? Susannah Birkwood reports.

It took eight years to reach a final decision about an advert by the not-for-profit organisation Animal Defenders International that was banned from TV for being "too political". The advert, My Mate's a Primate, featured a crying child imprisoned with a chimpanzee.

Clearcast, the body that pre-approves all adverts, rejected it soon after its submission in 2005; last year, in response to an appeal from ADI, the European Court of Human Rights upheld the ban, ruling that it did not infringe ADI's right to free expression under the European Convention on Human Rights.

ADI is not the only not-for-profit that has had difficulty with the rules on political advertising. In 2005, the charity coalition Make Poverty History was banned from broadcasting an advert in which celebrities clicked their fingers every three seconds to symbolise a child dying; two years later, two radio adverts for the housing charity Shelter were forbidden, accused of "denigrating" local authorities. Other organisations affected include the RSPCA, Amnesty International and ONE, the anti-poverty NGO founded by the singer Bono.

The rules about which adverts and advertisers can appear on commercial TV and radio are set out in the UK Code of Broadcast Advertising, based on the Communications Act 2003. The act says organisations that are "wholly or mainly of a political nature" are not allowed to advertise – a sensible rule, on the face of it, because, in contrast to the situation in the US, it reduces the likelihood of the political party with the biggest budget getting the most votes. What seems less sensible is that charities are affected, despite the fact that it is against charity law for an organisation that has a political purpose to be a charity.
more (ThirdSector)

Gone fishing
29-08-2014 01:16
Scotsguy69 Offline
Senior Poster

Television x freeview
Why are they allowed to show breasts and people Havin sex before 10pm yet babeshow channels are not?
11-09-2014 20:53
seymourclunge Offline
Master Poster

Couple of questions I was wondering if any of the more knowledgable posters on here would know the answer too.

a) I have noticed on some night shows a few of the lasses lick and suck their own nipples, yet not all of them do this.
Is there a rule on how often they can do it, how long for, how many times etc? Or is it simply that some of the lasses don't do it and others are comfortbale performing this?

b) When enacting oral sex I see some performers using two, three fingers to suck on etc. Is it forbidden to use props like vibrators or dildos?
and finally...

c) When some of the lasses touch themslves over their panties etc, they use 'split' fingers to rub. is it not allowed to use them together and actually rub the front of their knickers etc?

Would love to know the answers if anyone can help. Seems a very odd set of rules governiing what are adult channels.

Favourites of the past
Electra Morgan (from RLC days), Mikaela Witt (of old!), Becky Roberts, Lucy Anne, Jessie Jensen, Hannah Martin, Danni Harwood, Gracie Gold, Rebecca Kelly, Paige Phillips, Kimmy, Jenna Nova, Cookie.

New Fantasy Lineup
Days: Clara Croft, Heather Kay, Hannah Mac
Nights: Maria Smith, Vicki Peach, Atlanta Moreno, Hazel Bond, Lola
23-10-2014 18:42
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

I suspect the nipple sucking only happens on Babestation 906, which might or might not have a Dutch licence. As far as I know there are no written rules about frequency, but if there are I would like to apply for the job of counting.

It is not only forbidden to use vibrators and dildos (should that be "or"? Does "and" mean at the same time?), it is also forbidden to make lewd gestures, at any time, under UK rules. However there seems to be an unwritten rule to allow some leeway over the written rules. As Dara O'Briain puts it, there are three states of legality in Ofcom law. There is all this stuff here under "That's grand"; then it moves into "Ah, now, don't push it"; and finally to "Right! You're taking the piss." And that's where the sanction boy sweeps in.

No, they are definitely not allowed to touch the lady garden (see legality state 3 above). Inner and outer labia are out. Ofcom regulators spend years at medical college so they know exactly where the outer labia stop and in turns into just thigh. Basically if it is highly sensitive touching it counts as masturbation, and that's taking the piss (also banned). Touching a less sensitive part is OK. Dont ask what is allowed if botox has been used down there.

However these rules only apply to long form babechat teleshopping. Freeviews ads for encrypted channels and picture in picture ads for encrypted channels have (drumroll) context, and can show lesbian kissing, knipple sucking as well as non explicit anal and group sex.

Gone fishing
24-10-2014 00:38
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Ed Richards on the difficulties of having to follow the law when regulating telecoms. Makes you want to cry for the little chap. Remember, this was the CEO of a state regulator talking in his official capacity.

Quote:Legal obstacles
Mobile Today

Ed Richards made no secret of the fact that he believed the legal processes that repeatedly hindered Ofcom decisions needed reform. Speaking at the press conference for the opening of the 4G auction, Richards said: ‘There is a real question about the ability of ourselves and other regulators to be able to make timely decisions. I do not think the UK is in the right place: it is too legalistic, too bureaucratic and prone to gaming.

‘Everything we do is subject to the huge shadow of litigation – the threat of multiple courts and multiple years moving from appeal court to appeal court. We are dealing with multinational corporations with huge reserves.’ The problem that Ofcom frequently faces is that the current appeals process can be used tactically by companies looking to delay decisions with which they don’t agree. Every part of an Ofcom ruling can be challenged and there is almost no downside to a business going down this route. Once the legal process begins, the cases often get mired in the courts, which can cause lengthy delays. Although Ofcom would accept that its decisions need to be scrutinised, the current process is clearly open to abuse. The trouble is that the investment required by a major firm in legal fees can be far less than the potential losses that a damaging Ofcom ruling could bring about, only giving more incentive to companies looking to take advantage of the system as it stands.

Gone fishing
24-10-2014 00:48
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

I know from my postbag that many of you are worried about how Ed Richards will keep the wolf from the door now he has stepped down as Ofcom CEO and only has his wifes meagre MP salary to live on. Here are a few thoughts about his options.

He could get parachuted into a Labour seat, stand at the next election, and become Minister of State for Culture, Media and Sport, assuming Helen Goodman goes off and does something more exciting.

He could become a senior executive at the BBC, say head of compliance or head of values.

Channel 4 is bound to have occasional vacancies at senior executive level. Head of Youth Programming perhaps. Perhaps not as unlikely as it seems, regulator Tim Gardam went in the other direction.

Give it a few years and he could come back as Chairman as Ofcom. His position would be strengthened by a few years working at a telecom or postal businesses - watch out for that.

Gone fishing
24-10-2014 01:20