Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average

Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity

skully Offline

RE: Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity
(18-10-2014 00:54 )8x8 Wrote:  Channel 4 showed gratuitous full frontal male genitalia in stand up to cancer. Was for a good cause but there's no way they'd have shown a woman exposing her labia. Of course the 3 hosts: Davina (straight female), Dr Christian (gay male) and Alan Carr (gay male) all obviously have no interest in female genitalia and a common interest in male genitalia. Not to mention the thousands of women in the audience screaming "off off off" and cheering when they revealed their penises and testicles. If the presenters want to see it and the audience wants to see it for nothing other than fun then why do the babe channels have to cover up their genitals?

C4 gets away with showing male genitals in their "documentaries" because they pretend its a documentary (we know its not a documentary). They censor the female genitals which confirms its not a documentary. This stand up to cancer was supposed to be a fun comedy which turned into a sexualised strip which climaxed with full frontal male nudity. So I don't get the difference. They exposed male genitalia to women for fun but female genitalia can't be exposed to men for fun.

Next week on C4 is "The feeling nuts comedy night" wonder if that will be much the same?

Seriously, you can't complain about a fundraiser for cancer showing male genitalia, grow up.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
18-10-2014 12:47
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
8x8 Offline
Apprentice Poster

(18-10-2014 12:47 )skully Wrote:  Seriously, you can't complain about a fundraiser for cancer showing male genitalia, grow up.
You can when its a double standard. What would happen if C4 showed 2 naked women with cameras pointing up at their genitals for a crowd of cheering men. Feminists would have a field day. Not just feminists but women in general. Which is why it wont happen. I'm all for the good cause and think the money they raised was fantastic but its a complete double standard. Grow up? Maybe people should wake up.

Not to mention fundraisers are more family orientated. Lots of children watching the fundraiser on a Friday night with no school tomorrow.
18-10-2014 13:52
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

Well someone is barking up the wrong tree here and it's not skully.

BTW what cancer charity was this 'event' in aid of ? Male genital related I wonder.

And there is good reason why female genitalia is not generally shown. The often comes down to a difference between stimulation and simulation.
18-10-2014 14:26
8x8 Offline
Apprentice Poster

The event was for cancer in general. The thing with C4 is, they get away with showing male genitalia in their "documentaries" because they pretend their not gratuitous. Now even though that's a blatant lie, its fine imo as long as they don't then censor the crotches of females in the same programme. However they do censor the female crotches which is ridiculous. 1 because its a double standard, 2 because you wouldn't see much if anything anyway and 3 because that proves its gratuitous nudity. This has been the case for a long time but last night C4 showed male genitalia as an entertainment purpose, something they've been clever not to do. They showed the male genitals as a reward to the women for reaching a donation target. I suppose if Babestation did a text donate to stop FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) and as a reward for reaching a certain target the girl on screen flashed her genitals briefly for the men that would be in violation of the no genitals rule. Even for a good cause.
18-10-2014 16:10
skully Offline

Testicular cancer and prostate cancer are things that men rarely discuss and often don't get checked, so highlighting this show in your crusade is disrespectful to say the least. I'm very disappointed in you for comparing the two tbh.
Breast cancer awareness programs highlight breasts, show you how to check, what the scans look like and procedures to remove tissue, I've seen the same kind of thing before for testicular cancer. What you don't seem to grasp here is that this may have had a cheeky element to it, but it's not remotely comparable to a babe channel or to the way male and female genitalia are shown on tv or in film.
If you try to compare a medical program (or this charity event/show), you're in the wrong, if you try to compare art, you're in the wrong.

What you can compare are things that are general entertainment (or things like ye olde Eurotrash), which none of the above mentioned are.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
18-10-2014 17:00
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I think to be diplomatic about this, which is never my strong point but nonetheless I'll give it a bash anyway and see how I get on Rolleyes

For starters I never seen the show in question, secondly anything that benefits cancer will effectively save lives which can be seen as a very positive action. I do agree with skully that you can't make a comparison between this programme and the babe channels. One is for arousal and the other is to spread awareness of the condition. Because it is for charity it's always a grey area to protest too much.

With regards to a lot of the other stuff that Channel 4 and the rest of the channels air. IE - What goes on Sunny Beach then I do agree that censorship is not being applied eveningly. I do not think that any of it should be censored seeing as it is broadcast after the watershed. I think I've done my best at diplomacy here. I'm sure you'll all agree Wink
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2014 17:31 by Scottishbloke.)
18-10-2014 17:31
8x8 Offline
Apprentice Poster

(18-10-2014 17:00 )skully Wrote:  Testicular cancer and prostate cancer are things that men rarely discuss and often don't get checked, so highlighting this show in your crusade is disrespectful to say the least. I'm very disappointed in you for comparing the two tbh.
Breast cancer awareness programs highlight breasts, show you how to check, what the scans look like and procedures to remove tissue, I've seen the same kind of thing before for testicular cancer. What you don't seem to grasp here is that this may have had a cheeky element to it, but it's not remotely comparable to a babe channel or to the way male and female genitalia are shown on tv or in film.
If you try to compare a medical program (or this charity event/show), you're in the wrong, if you try to compare art, you're in the wrong.

What you can compare are things that are general entertainment (or things like ye olde Eurotrash), which none of the above mentioned are.

As I said the nudity was not for medical purposes or to highlight testicular cancer. It was not to check for lumps or raise awareness. It was a prize for the female viewers if the public reached a donation target. You could argue that its sad women are more likely to donate to cancer when they are offered the chance to see cock and balls but that's another story. If it was a medical exam then fine, if its to raise awareness then fine, if its art then fine. But it wasn't.

Davina and Alan Carr were desperate to see their cocks making sexual joke after sexual joke and the studio full of women were cheering like they were at a hen party.

Yes breast cancer highlights breasts and testicular cancer highlights testicles. But this wasn't about either. This was entertainment.

You say I'm disrespectful, I did say it was for a good cause, but the way it was done was far to sexualised and the double standards would not allow women to stand naked on TV as a prize for men for donating to cancer. As that's what it was, a prize and lets be fair if naked women live on channel 4 were a prize for donating to cancer they would have raised double what they did last night. But they can't show naked women as a prize for reaching a donation target as its against broadcasting regulations.

Here are some of the comments online from young girls:

"Is it wrong that I got turned on seeing his cock"
"That was exciting Smile"
"I always fancied him and seeing his cock made my night" etc
18-10-2014 20:06
8x8 Offline
Apprentice Poster

(18-10-2014 17:31 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I think to be diplomatic about this, which is never my strong point but nonetheless I'll give it a bash anyway and see how I get on Rolleyes

For starters I never seen the show in question, secondly anything that benefits cancer will effectively save lives which can be seen as a very positive action. I do agree with skully that you can't make a comparison between this programme and the babe channels. One is for arousal and the other is to spread awareness of the condition. Because it is for charity it's always a grey area to protest too much.

With regards to a lot of the other stuff that Channel 4 and the rest of the channels air. IE - What goes on Sunny Beach then I do agree that censorship is not being applied eveningly. I do not think that any of it should be censored seeing as it is broadcast after the watershed. I think I've done my best at diplomacy here. I'm sure you'll all agree Wink
Thanks for your reply as always Smile

Its difficult as it was for charity which is great. However the nudity was not for awareness. If it had of been for awareness that would have changed things. It was basically "reach this goal and 2 guys will get their cock and balls out at the end of the show. I still can't imagine C4/Ofcom allowing women to get their tits and pussy out on TV as a prize to the viewers who want to see naked women for fun. It just isn't allowed.

As said if it was for awareness then that's different, but it wasn't :/

Are you the same Scottish who posted on that womens forum? Tongue
18-10-2014 20:19
a.m. playlist Offline
Senior Poster

If you are right in what you say about the context of the male nudity, then I am in total sympathy with you, 8x8. But, alas, it would be typical of mainstream tv and film productions of today. Such shows, be they documentaries, melodramas or comedies, are aimed squarely at the majority of people viewing them, ie women generally and gay men. I've long since given up hope that there would be parity in such shows regarding the nudity between the genders, so I don't watch them.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 04:51 by a.m. playlist.)
19-10-2014 00:19
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

(18-10-2014 12:47 )skully Wrote:  Seriously, you can't complain about a fundraiser for cancer showing male genitalia, grow up.

I read this reply before I'd read 8x8's post, and my gut instinct was to agree with your sentiments. On going back to read his post, though, I think you're missing his point.

I didn't see the programme, but it's obvious from 8x8's description that the revealing of the participants' bollocks was not done in a 'serious medical documentary about testicular cancer' kind of way.

I get it. It was done in that trendy 'let's discuss serious matters in a fun way' manner, but the fact remains; had this been a documentary about breast cancer, with female participants, and booms of "Get yur tits out!" coming from the audience, there'd have been an absolute outrage.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 02:14 by JuanKerr.)
19-10-2014 02:12