babestation xtra

Thread Rating:
  • 55 Vote(s) - 4.02 Average

BabestationX & Live Shows - Chat & Discussion

Count Spankula Offline
Stop The Count

RE: BabestationX & Live Shows - Chat & Discussion
(20-07-2013 14:23 )Doc Holliday Wrote:  It was looking as though there was trouble of some kind.

Yes there's undoubtedly something sinister afoot. There are clearly dark forces at work here.
20-07-2013 14:40
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shylok Offline
Senior Poster

My guess it was purely lack of trade that caused them to throw in the towel...

As some have said maybe an opportunity for something new and refreshing!???

Thanks

Shylok

(20-07-2013 14:23 )Doc Holliday Wrote:  It was looking as though there was trouble of some kind. The signs have been there. I said a couple of days ago that the channel was running scared of something.

Join OFCOM today we offer decent salaries + a company bonus scheme (based on how much pain you can inflict on the British public) - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/files/2011/05/sa...e-2011.pdf
20-07-2013 14:41
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(20-07-2013 14:41 )shylok Wrote:  My guess it was purely lack of trade that caused them to throw in the towel...

Does seem odd it was so sudden, though.

If they had girls booked anyway they could have milked it to death all weekend (press red now, last chance to see......etc, etc) and closed it on Monday.
20-07-2013 15:09
miffer50 Offline
Apprentice Poster

[split] On BabestationX Tonight (Reference Only)
(19-07-2013 16:31 )babestation Wrote:   Saturday 20th July

Is this show going to be on tonight as i could`not tune in last night it said it was off air has it closed down
20-07-2013 17:45
William H Bonney Offline
More sinned against than sinning

(20-07-2013 14:41 )shylok Wrote:  My guess it was purely lack of trade that caused them to throw in the towel...

Hardly. At £1.50 a night there would be no lack of trade. Quite the opposite I imagine, which is why they put the price up to £3 when it suited them.

Besides, if they were suffering such a lack of trade they wouldn't suddenly realise that at 5:00 on a Friday afternoon and have to take such immediate action. Fridays and Saturdays are clearly the best selling nights, so why not react to a lack of trade on a quieter Sunday or a Monday instead and close down then?
20-07-2013 20:45
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Firstly with regards to this channel. I've always been very critical of the fact that it's only ever been made available to either view on freeview or online.

My point on the freeview slot - Not everybody is able to recieve this channel within the UK.

Webstream - Not everybody has a fast enough broadband speed in order to view a smooth and uninterrupted show.

As for SKY - No attempt whatsoever was made to buy an EPG slot and also offer the SKY customers the option too. It's been proven in the past just how much easier it would have been to purchase this show.

Sportxxx used to allow you to purchase their show via the red button folllowed by your own personal 4 digit pin number which meant guaranteed show with no hold up.

Also this show offered no different from what you could see for free anyway on Sexstation TV so I'd imagine the majority of the purchases would have been made via the freeview option.

With regards to loss of revenue, this probably happened as a result of the shows being toned down. I have to admit too that I've seldom seen the shows so can only really base my opinions going by the reviews I've read here.

The positives I will take out of the demise of this channel is.

1 - No more distractions from the main channel, constant interuptions were pissing off so many.

2 - The main channel will hopefully now just concentrate soley on improving their own content.

3 - If at any point in the future they wish to open up this channel again I'd imagine that offering the SKY viewers will be on this cards. Also they could maybe just think about making this channel a subscrption one, just like in the old days when Live xxx TV used to cost as little as £9.99 a month to see uncut live shows in all their glory Cool
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2013 20:58 by Scottishbloke.)
20-07-2013 20:56
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

Exactly its no coincidence that the main show went downhill when the encrypted channel started. i for one never got why they started it as i never got the concept of trying to tempt punters at 5£ a time to watch pre recorded stuff taking focus away from your girls on the phone who you could make at least double or triple that

get the feeling the moving and the end of babestation x is best thing to happen in bs in 18 months.

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
20-07-2013 21:18
cwpussylover Offline
Banned

(20-07-2013 14:40 )Count Spankula Wrote:  
(20-07-2013 14:23 )Doc Holliday Wrote:  It was looking as though there was trouble of some kind.

Yes there's undoubtedly something sinister afoot. There are clearly dark forces at work here.

I think we will al have bites in our necks by sunriseHuhImportanteek

20-07-2013 21:47
aaron Offline
Posting Machine

(20-07-2013 15:09 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  If they had girls booked anyway they could have milked it to death all weekend (press red now, last chance to see......etc, etc) and closed it on Monday.

I think that what The Silent Majority says is very obviously correct. A decision to simply closedown would have been signalled long in advance and milked to death not just all weekend, but probably all week too.
20-07-2013 22:34
Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

Direct quote from BSX

"For a number of months now rival broadcasters have been making vociferous complaints to the authorities about BSX including that we have been broadcasting material that was too strong for the UK market, the authorities have used every means at their disposal to pressure us and our various broadcast contractors to cease business, evidence used against us included screen grabs from our live shows that had been posted up variously online, whilst its understood that this is a form of appreciation of our product in this instance it backfired badly on us."

So as always, it is easier for rivals to tear down an opponent than to try and improve their own product. Think I'll probably abandon the lot now.

And, as I suggested a few months ago, caps that clearly showed guidelines being broken were used against them. I took a lot of flak for suggesting people should be careful what they posted. Guess (sadly) I was right after all.
20-07-2013 23:02

babestation xtra