Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator
Actually yes good idea, instead of bogus complaints on the babe channels we make up shit instead regarding the other channels, I'm sure I heard somebody used the word fuck on Blue Peter the other day, come on Ofcom you'd better start getting busy, you wanted extra work, here you fucking go Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 01:38 by Scottishbloke.)
07-05-2012 00:40
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Ofcom Discussion
(07-05-2012 00:35 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I think what will be worrying a lot of people of the continent right now is what if ETV decides to go ahead and broadcast the whole nightshow on SKY eventually, it it stays FTA on SKY and not as a bonus channel as part of an existing subscription package such as TVX or Playboy TV then they are in trouble as it'll have to abide by the strict Ofcom rules, so if you think there is more than us that are worried about Ofcom, think again, what has long been our problem could very well end up being Johnny Foreigner's too, just what kind of backlash are Ofcom going to get from the rest of Europe I wonder, will it all come to a stand, watch this space as I predict more drama to unfold yet in our quest for liberation.

The problem is they are piggybacking off a UK channel. It might be different if they leased the channel themselves. If they did that they could use their own Euro licence, but while it is broadcast under the Climax banner it is Climax that is renting the transponder, so their UK licence applies. If they start showing pussy or naked women dripping wax on their pussies* Ofcom will be after them.

Cue Benny Hill music and speeded up clip of bowler hatted civil servant chasing for four lovlies in suspenders and heels round a park.

(* that doesnt happen often).

Gone fishing
07-05-2012 01:53
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Ofcom Complain To Dutch Regulator
(06-05-2012 23:49 )cmiller Wrote:  i would help organise a complaints roster, i was just asking for advice on the idea itself. i do wonder what you mean when you say Ofcom would ban you?

(06-05-2012 23:37 )eccles Wrote:  Ofcom is not impartial and an increased number of complaints would be used by them to justify more intervention and tighter rules.

who said our complaints had to be confined to the babeshows?

i heard something OUTRAGEOUS on Songs of Praise the other week! Wink

busy is busy!

Point taken about complaining about other types of shows, but I still worry they will use complain figures out of context. They do for everything else.

Gone fishing
07-05-2012 01:56
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Now going back to my intial point of the effect that Ofcom are having not only on us but on the rest of Europe concerning the output of the Eurotic TV nightshow speculation is rife at the moment that showing the whole show on SKY is ultimately their master plan, I have been reading the forum on the liveshow website which discuss's ETV more at length than we do at present. I will quote a few of comments I have read regarding this bladewave

"I fear that if ETV are determined to go down this route, and move away from showing full nudity. Then this channel will be moving to the "In Memoriam" section soon"

"I have still been watching the channel but not as regularly as I once did. Since their was stories about Eurotic moving to the the Sky platform I have noticed a definite change in the output of the night shows. I am using the last three night shows as a prime example of a definite change to the format. Friday- Sat and Sundays shows were shouting loud and clear to me that Eurotic are gonna broadcast the night show on Sky as well pretty soon. It looks to me like they are prepping the models and production staff for shows suitable for broadcast at night on Sky"

"The models are wearing pants for longer and the amount of nudity is slowly decreasing. The few times there are any full frontal shots - they are either shown from a distance or blurred out if things are too close. Naked models now stand with legs tightly crossed or are viewed from the side. Nudity IS allowed on Sky free to air but the models are usually laying on their stomach or on their sides with a leg pulled up to hide things. I complained too many times that all Eurotic were doing now is basic tit shows. It seems this is all your gonna get from now on if Eurotic move the night show to Sky"

So like I said what was once our problem, appears to be others aswell, Ofcom are on the march to invade the rest of Europe it would appear, only us that are pissed off with repressive censorship law's. Think again bladewave
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 18:16 by Scottishbloke.)
07-05-2012 18:02
dan g 27 Offline
Hairy Fucker

I don't understand what gives Ofcom the right to dictate what people wish to watch. We are adults, we will decide what we wish to watch on tv. Parents parenting skills should be called into question if they are concerned what their children is watching, why should others be punished and freedom taken away just because of parents poor parenting skills. When I become in charge of Ireland, people will have the right to watch whatever fucking thing they like to watch
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 19:09 by dan g 27.)
07-05-2012 19:07
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

As far as I'm aware we live in a supposedly Democratic country, but it seems like are democratic rights are slowly but surely being sold down the river!! As SB has mentioned it appears even certain European countries are following the Ofcom Twats with there over censorship mentality.
As we've all said, if our so called watershed means anything anymore in this country, it should mean that after 9pm its down to the Adults to make decisions what they and there children should watchImportant
Why is something so easy to understand, so difficult for others to graspannoyed
07-05-2012 19:20
shankey! Offline
Posting Machine

is anyone optimistic about the future of the state of the channels ? or are we just all pissing in the same pot hoping that ofcom take their foot of the pedal and concentrate on things what do affect the young and vunerable .like extreme violence , murder and gang warfare which is ever present on our screen as early as 7.30 pm ,parents of children seem to think its the norm for a young child to watch a soap opera about murder but object to a nude person to be seen on after the watershed with a warning prior to the show begininng and reminders throughout the shows through the night, fucked up society ? i think so Huh
07-05-2012 19:23
dan g 27 Offline
Hairy Fucker

I will only be optimistic if the channels grow some balls and make a stand against Ofcom
07-05-2012 19:36
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

I agree Dan, however can't help but think the channels don't really have the fight to take Ofcom on. I hope I'm wrong, it would be nice to think that the channels would all step up and fight, but i think they're afraid if they fail to beat Ofcom, the repercussions would be catastrophic.
07-05-2012 19:42
Rammyrascal Online
Team Thicc

agree about ofcom but they are not on the march invading europe, eurotic tv are going to be putting shows on uk tv and hence they have to follow the ofcom rules which are ridiculous i agree

Piper Niven Superfan
07-05-2012 19:43