GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell

Snooks Away
Where's the cue ball going?

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell
I can only speak for myself in what I say below.
Back in 2012 I left the forum for a combination of personal reasons and partial disenchantment with the shows.
I did so in the firm belief that I would never reopen my account and therefore return.

However my personal issues gradually resolved themselves in no small part due to my own courage in facing them head on.
That courage in facing them head on indirectly helped make me a stronger forum contributor upon my return.
Not shy in issuing damning indictment on all that I believed was deficient, inconsistent, unambitious, tedious, turgid, unimaginative and negative with the babeshow product.
Not shy in what I hope can be widely construed as constructive criticism of all those who contribute to making the product what it is whether it be babe, camera operator, producer etc etc.
At no stage did I ever feel threatened by mods and nor do I feel threatened now at a time when the tone of my posts concerning nightshows is at the height of disillusionment, boredom and ridicule.
I could not tell you as to why because I don't know.
I would like to believe it might be down to an impeccable sense of considered balance and perspective on my part but in reality that seems ridiculously far fetched to me Bounce.

I am a different style of poster to Scottishbloke and while I concede there may be merit in some of the criticisms of his posting style I also have to say I am immensely sad to see him disappear for however long.
His opinion was truly from the heart.
Sometimes when the heart rules over the head as it always seemed to do with SB things are said that make some condemn and even the likes of I think 'Yikes' and 'Ouch'.
But I always knew what he meant in the posts of praise and criticism. I sensed the wider message he was attempting to convey as well as the most obvious point of his contributions.
There was no hiding place for anyone on the shows or indeed anyone on this forum for SB it seemed to me.
It is safe to say that I felt more comfortable with the SB hiding place removal in respect of the channels than I did with his perceived merit or not of the hiding place of other forum members and their posting styles.
There were times a plenty when I vehemently disagreed with him on some issues. At times I would choose to provide an alternative perspective and often found he would engage positively with that and respond in the right spirit.
There were other times when gut instinct told me to say nothing at all.
Overall I am satisfied I have got the balance about right.

I had much PM correspondence with SB and will remain forever grateful for the kindness and generosity of spirit he showed to me on this forum which I hope he felt I returned in equal measure.
Whatever his reasons for leaving I am left in no doubt whatever that his reasons for leaving are genuine and from the heart just as mine were a few years back.

24-07-2015 22:55
Find all posts by this user
Cheesy Grin Offline
Losing the will

(24-07-2015 22:37 )Lamarr l 21 l Wrote:  Reading this thread gives me a headache, I've been on here a year and a half and have no problems with moderators. Terrace and Skully in particular have always been welcoming to me when I've pmed them questions etc and have replied promptly.

Yeah Skully's all good, I'd watch that Terrace though-He's trouble Wink

The last days are here...
25-07-2015 00:08
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

(25-07-2015 00:08 )Cheesy Grin Wrote:  I'd watch that Terrace though-He's trouble Wink

Is that why he got banned from all the premier league stadiums Big Grin
25-07-2015 00:16
terence Offline

^you both should be careful, or i might randomly ban you! Rolleyes Wink

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
25-07-2015 00:20
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(24-07-2015 19:49 )Whynot Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 12:30 )skully Wrote:  {snip}

Just an idea, maybe if mods were voted for and not just appointed then people would not complain as much. Or even an anonymous poll now and again where members can vote on whether they think individual mods are doing a good/fair job.

Cripes, tha would lead to the in crowd modding and forum meltdown
25-07-2015 00:30
Whynot Offline
Just Me

Is there an in crowd? can i join? Big Grin

I hate injustice and liars
25-07-2015 00:32
general drago Offline
Senior Poster

I never understood the hate scottishbloke got regarding his views, because he has been right all along. The shows are complete fucking garbage now, and to think he left because his opinions were being suppressed is really sad

people keep looking at my feet which is strange because i have no legs
25-07-2015 04:25
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

^ Let's be clear here. It's fuck all to do with his views on the shows. He stomped round the forum like he owned it, telling people how to post, where to post, where not to post and rubbishing other's contributions just because he didn't like the thread they were posting in.
Both, on the forum, and behind the scenes by pm.

And, in reply to the thanking police on page 3 of this thread, I haven't thanked the op because it would look like I was either, thanking him for his eloquent leaving speech and wishing him well, or thanking him for leaving.
Either interpretation would imply that I gave a toss, when in fact, I don't.
25-07-2015 06:13
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

i haven't read a single post in the Tour de France thread and i have never posted in that thread, that's what you call not giving a toss, clearly you gave enough of a toss to read my post on page 3, SB's post and probably the whole of this thread though
25-07-2015 16:55
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

Well...as the great man himself would have said so diplomatically : "Fuck me hasn't this thread run its course".
25-07-2015 17:21
Thread Closed 

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles