Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 62 Vote(s) - 2.98 Average

Partyland - channel 50

19jammy Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Partyland is bad!
TheWatcher Wrote:
19jammy Wrote:Sorry to say this guys but PL is probably the most boring piece of tv i've had the misfortune to see in a long while!Just as Party Girls gets to be the best thing on freeview & it started at 9pm too,they get rid of it & replace it with this garbage!
Can someone please tell me that there will be a replacement for PG with the PG girls or at least some hope that if not then PL will get better!
Right now i'm missing my Morgan & Charlie fix!Sad
There was no need to start a new thread. A lot of people here agree with your comments about the show to a lesser or greater degree and have already posted what they think here
http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=5035
This thread will be closed and merged into that one.
Just keeping things tidy.

Merger completed 12.35pm

OOOPS Sorry!Shy
05-04-2009 10:51
Find all posts by this user
Deb x Away
Master Poster

RE: Partyland is bad!
Jonnieboy Wrote:As far as Babestation goes I find it hard to see how it will come to Freeview given how timid cellcast have been over Partyland, unless they did the same thing as with Partyland and Partygirls and introduced it in a watered down form. If they just put it on the air as it is I doubt Partyland would have any viewers.

Bearing in mind DarylMorgan's very informative post on page 8 of this thread, it it seems like while Partyland is tame now, it's going to relax in time, and they won't be so restrained.

Seems it would be easier for Babestation, (in its present form) to come right in and broadcast on a freeview channel when Partyland is up to full speed. Both the shows would be running in parallel, along the same sort of lines.

I suspect timing is everything. And compliance...I don't know if it's mandatory for every single 'new' channel to do some sort of probation, or if BS could point to PG and PartyLand as having already paved the way.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2009 12:39 by Deb x.)
05-04-2009 12:38
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

RE: Partyland - channel 50
PartyGirls was raunchier at 11pm than Partyland is after 1am. Definitely a backward step. It had a lot less of the "over 18" warnings as well. Its certainly nothing to do with the girls (I've seen some Karina Currie vids) the producers need to do something.
I only watched the first 15 minutes of last nights show but found the chat between Caty and Alex to be quite entertaining. Candy was the other girl on last night. Definitely dont like the split screen format.
05-04-2009 13:22
Deb x Away
Master Poster

TheWatcher Wrote:PartyGirls was raunchier at 11pm than Partyland is after 1am. Definitely a backward step. It had a lot less of the "over 18" warnings as well.
Those warnings seem excessive. Do you think it's just to emphasise that they're being super-compliant, or are they maybe hammering them home now because ultimately they're intending to be far more 'over-18' and filthy than PartyGirls ever was?
05-04-2009 13:46
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Deb x Wrote:Those warnings seem excessive. Do you think it's just to emphasise that they're being super-compliant, or are they maybe hammering them home now because ultimately they're intending to be far more 'over-18' and filthy than PartyGirls ever was?

PartyGirls went topless for the last 3 months of 6 its month existance. The Partyland planners must have seen this and had plenty of time to decide what their new show would be like. I dont see why they needed to "try it out". I suspect it will continue as it is unless it fails to be commercially viable. It would be very interesting to know how much money these type of phone in shows make from their callers.
I find it surprising that they do make enough money to keep these shows going. There are a lot of these type of shows. I saw the live sexstation show last night on the web and the girls were on the phone for less than half the time during the 2 hours I watched and this was an excellent show last night with Michelle Moist and Jools Brooke.
05-04-2009 14:05
Deb x Away
Master Poster

TheWatcher Wrote:PartyGirls went topless for the last 3 months of 6 its month existance. The Partyland planners must have seen this and had plenty of time to decide what their new show would be like. I dont see why they needed to "try it out". I suspect it will continue as it is unless it fails to be commercially viable. It would be very interesting to know how much money these type of phone in shows make from their callers.
From what I remember, PartyGirls (more-or-less Wink)waited till they were allowed and then went hell-for-leather to exploit it - "WE'LL ONLY GET 'EM OUT IF YOU SEND US 50/100 TEXTS!!! QUICK, QUICK, WE NEED 'EM BEFORE MIDNIGHT!!!"
And people went wild with the texting.

Partyland don't seem doing anything like this (or maybe they are - I have hardly watched the show). Either they're aiming at a different set of viewers, or they don't see texts as generating enough revenue to want to encourage people to send them in.

You're right. It's puzzling, this 'slowly-slowly' approach. The bit I saw last night, the girls kept asking, "Are we allowed to do this? Are we allowed to do that?"
05-04-2009 14:20
DrGrumpyPants Away
Account closed

nah PL is a offshoot of Sexstation and BK and the other shows which although have a text componant have never been after the text thing most girls will read texts when they are not on calls and no one in the cue they dont solicit for texts to do certain things.
05-04-2009 14:43
G@Z! Offline
Banned

i'm sorry i did not watch partyland i was too busy watching the stream jesus that jools is naughty lol
then i had a glance at it still on there backs so i went to bed and please get rid of the split screens Sad
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2009 14:55 by G@Z!.)
05-04-2009 14:54
Sylar Offline
Seemed a good name choice in '04

The Chat on Sky 960 had to borrow £200,000 to make their show go live so its a costly business to start up a new channel, although the success of PartyGirls would have given them a good idea of how worthwhile Partyland would be. When PL went live on Freeview, Cellcast got rid of Babecast to presumably limit the cost spent on extra staff / models etc.

On Sky at the moment, Partyland go topless until 1am, when they have to tone it all down for the Freeviewers! Seems strange that its one rule for one...
05-04-2009 14:56
Deb x Away
Master Poster

I suppose I was just thinking that if Partyland is different - in that they're starting out fairly slowly and building it up to how they want the channel to be - then why not make as much money as they can on the way up? The mad-texting would seem like an obvious thing (especially if they already have a solid base of callers/texters). Maybe they haven't the technical staff to deal with a huge influx of texts.
Just seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity, unless they're already making the megabucks on the calls and have decided to focus on that, which is fair enough.
05-04-2009 14:57
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV