Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Competition formats

SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Competition formats
AS an idea for how to resolve ties in the future do a countback of he total votes they each received in all the previous rounds - the one with the most wins

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2021
MOST DEVOTED FANBOY 2022 & 2023
12-12-2020 14:47
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Elimination formats always cause trouble, however random or deliberate they're set up/drawn.

I know some guys have used the "vote for your top 5 or 8 or n, most votes wins" idea, which does at least focus the field down.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
12-12-2020 15:41
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

Maybe if your top two are up against each other in a head to head, you should be able to call that fixture a draw and give them half a point each, rather than being forced to eliminate someone who you rate higher than any of the choices in the other draws.
12-12-2020 15:50
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

The biggest problem with never-ending rounds in various competitions, all starting and stopping at different times, is keeping track of whether you've voted or not bladewave
13-12-2020 03:01
terence Offline

^there is a way around this problem. if you hover over the 'file folder icon' on the extreme left of the thread title in the search results page, it will tell you if you posted in the thread. (the black dot also means you've posted in a thread, at a glance.) it's not specific, but would narrow down your confusion. Smile

also as a side note, if you click on the green arrow in the same area as the black dot, it will take you into the thread and to the first post you haven't read.

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
13-12-2020 11:38
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlemagne Offline

I always click 'Replied' and then trawl down the 'Who's Posted'. This is an example of the Studio66 Nightshow award [Image: image-BBB9_5FD5F2AD.jpg]

13-12-2020 11:55
Fishface Offline
Senior Poster

(12-12-2020 15:50 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  Maybe if your top two are up against each other in a head to head, you should be able to call that fixture a draw and give them half a point each, rather than being forced to eliminate someone who you rate higher than any of the choices in the other draws.

Not voting achieves the same thing
13-12-2020 11:58
Snooks Away
Where's the cue ball going?

For anyone not aware.

I announced at the end of last year I would no longer be running comps going forward.
https://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.p...pid2392724

Earlier this year I posted to the same effect as in the other linked post below before notifying an appropriate authority privately.
https://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.p...pid2505046

So for anyone expecting me to run Ultimate Daytime Babe and/or Empress of Xpanded I can only reiterate the above.

I have even more reason than imagined at the end of last year to no longer run babe comps. Firstly I achieved an internal promotion at work which incorporated an 11 week training course which is still ongoing due to an extension and pretty intense.
I am tired most days upon return from work so I knew that commiting to run 2 babe comps would not be sustainable.
Also I am already running the Premier League predictions thread which I can just about manage. I am happy to continue to do that for the rest of the season but that responsibility will also end up being relinquished for next season.

My work will be taking on growing priority in the months to come.
Regrettably I will have less time to devote to all sorts of activity in 2021 as a result of which forum life will be one such thing affected.

Thank you to all comp organisers so far this year for your work.

(This post was last modified: 18-12-2020 22:54 by Snooks.)
18-12-2020 18:52
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(18-12-2020 18:52 )snookered Wrote:  For anyone not aware.

I announced at the end of last year I would no longer be running comps going forward.
https://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.p...pid2392724

Earlier this year I posted to the same effect as in the other linked post below before notifying an appropriate authority privately.
https://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.p...pid2505046

So for anyone expecting me to run Ultimate Daytime Babe and/or Empress of Xpanded I can only reiterate the above.
Yeah, but you know what goldfish we are shocked

Well done on the real life stuff; should always take precedence really Important

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
18-12-2020 22:41
eyres42 Offline
Posting Machine

I would be happy to run the Xpanded award unless anybody else is desperate to do so?
18-12-2020 22:49

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS