Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average

Babestation : Freeview vs Sky

Dan Volatile Offline
1956 Jubilee Butterfly

RE: [split] Freeview channel changes
(15-07-2010 15:32 )vila Wrote:  as has been pointed out MANY times previously, thousands of viewers (actually, probably hundreds of thousands) have NO choice, Freeview being their only option.

He's got a point though vila. If I wasn't blowing all my money on beer and tabs I'd be able to afford to move to a house where I was allowed to have a dish. Smile

16-07-2010 02:29
Find all posts by this user
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(16-07-2010 02:29 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  
(15-07-2010 15:32 )vila Wrote:  as has been pointed out MANY times previously, thousands of viewers (actually, probably hundreds of thousands) have NO choice, Freeview being their only option.

He's got a point though vila. If I wasn't blowing all my money on beer and tabs I'd be able to afford to move to a house where I was allowed to have a dish. Smile

Sorry, mate - he's got no point at all.

Maybe you could buy a house if you gave up booze and cigs (you must buy hellish expensive examples of both) but thousands of others can't, no matter what they give up. Besides, [sigh] it isn't always a question if being 'allowed' to have have a dish. I own my own place, but it wouldn't do me any good to put up a dish 'cos I don't have a clear line of sight to the satellites - there's a fucking great stand of trees in the way. And there are plenty of other things that prevent people having sat systems - do a search, it's all on here somewhere.

Oh, and I don't drink much and have never smoked in my life.

Anyway, why should Freeviewers spend money on a sat system when they already have a system which is perfectly capable of receiving the channels? All we want is for FV to get the same standard of content that Sky gets. And don't let's have any more argument about whether it is or isn't 'cos 'babestation' has already admitted that it isn't and the 'no nudity before midnight' rule on FV proves it for all to see.
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2010 09:05 by vila.)
16-07-2010 07:51
Big Boobies Offline
Posting Machine

YES nudity on Sky well before midnight OK;BUT Freeview only after midnight if at all! UNFAIR!
16-07-2010 07:55
Rogerbee Offline
Gone

RE: Freeview vs Sky moaning thread
I don't drink, don't smoke, but, I'm on the dole!

When (not if) I get a job I'll get my own place and have Sky. By then though all my faves will have retired! Just make the most of what you have while you still have it. The only way we'd get everything we want would be if Lolly was at Number 10!

CHEERS!
16-07-2010 09:51
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(16-07-2010 02:29 )Dan Volatile Wrote:  

I have to say he's got no point at all , fair enough not blowing money on beer and tabs may well enable you to move house but that could be said about any item . The plain and simple fact is that Sky and freeview are both free to view platforms and no subscription is required to view either , with subscription options available if required , and the only difference being one uses a aerial and the other a dish and Sky box , costs for purchasing both platforms from scratch are about the same Skyfreesat costs around £150.0 fitted , and a new freeview set top box and good quality digital aerial and new cabling can cost around the same price if fitted professionally , so freeviewer should expect the same content from the babe channels has Sky viewer get . As for Sky viewers having better jobs and more money , i know loads of people who have Sky and have never done a days work in their lives , and also freeviewers who are rolling in money .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
16-07-2010 15:12
Rogerbee Offline
Gone

The other thing is that, with Sky, even with package deals, you have to wade through channel after channel of bollocks just to get to what you do want. I know that from when my brother had it.

At least with freeview it is possible to find something to watch when someone you don't want to see is on, without straying too far from that end of the EPG.

CHEERS!
16-07-2010 15:40
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(16-07-2010 15:40 )Rogerbee Wrote:  The other thing is that, with Sky, even with package deals, you have to wade through channel after channel of bollocks just to get to what you do want. I know that from when my brother had it.

At least with freeview it is possible to find something to watch when someone you don't want to see is on, without straying too far from that end of the EPG.
You are right there , the Sky TV EPG starts at channel 101 (BBC1) and finishes at 999 (Sky preview channel) it's a nightmare trying to remember what channel broadcasts from what channel number , although it is possible to set your most viewed channels up as a favorite channel , you just select the blue favorites button of your Sky remote press it and select you favorite channel press ok and then view it . Also i have heard that come the full digital switch over when all analog tv and radio signals are switched off for ever there will be space available for 900+ channels on the freeview platform the same as Sky , so hopefully OFCOM permitting all the Sky babe channels with also be allowed to transmit on freeview because the freeview air time will become much cheaper due to the fact that much more channel space will be available .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
16-07-2010 16:42
Rogerbee Offline
Gone

That'd be nice!

CHEERS!
16-07-2010 18:43
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

(11-07-2010 18:16 )vila Wrote:  
(11-07-2010 18:06 )Winston Wolfe Wrote:  and in most cases are completely clueless!

You only need read one of their Bulletins to figure that! Wink

OFCOM barely understand their own rules & regulations, never mind the law! Big Laugh

(11-07-2010 18:16 )vila Wrote:  Not sure about Government lackeys though. HMG don't seem to be too sure of their own position The PM has declared his inention to drastically reduce their power, but one of his junior ministers has apparently said that they're "independent of Government". Huh

Make of that what you will.

Of course these lackey organisations will officially say they're independent... The previous Government wouldn't have wanted people thinking they're secretly a dictatorship, would they? Wink bladewave

Only time will tell whether the new Government will be any different...

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
16-07-2010 18:48
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

[split] Babestation XTREME discussion
(21-01-2011 12:26 )HEX!T Wrote:  there is no difference what is broadcast on sky is of the same strength as broadcast on FV they all have to adhere to the bbc licensing regulations no matter what platform there on.

This is a bit o/t, but 'babestation' has admitted that the Freeview show is tamed (not that he/she/they needed to - the difference is plain enough). This is allegedly because Cellcast believe it to be necessary in order to 'protect Babestation's presence' on Freeview, but 'babestation' refused to explain why they believe that purpose is served by taming the content.
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2011 14:03 by vila.)
22-01-2011 14:00
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV