Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average

Babestation : Freeview vs Sky

Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

RE: Freeview vs Sky moaning thread
I'm probably wrong, but wasn't it the case not all that long ago, that all FV got was Partyland from 1-5.30am anyway? The 10pm start time for BS hasn't been going all that long. Whilst a shift from 11 to midnight is disappointing (and the move to 11 has already killed my interest in staying up), it's still 5 hrs on #94, 5 on #95, 5 on #97, and BSX on #96 Smile Which is admittedly chicken feed compared to Sky, but it's hardly a drought.

As for the quality of strength between Sky and FV, I've never seen much difference really.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
12-07-2010 17:00
Find all posts by this user
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(12-07-2010 17:00 )Doddle Wrote:  I'm probably wrong, but wasn't it the case not all that long ago, that all FV got was Partyland from 1-5.30am anyway?
~~~~
~~~~

Just before Partyland started on Freeview in March last year, we had the excellent PartyGirls show which was on from 9pm to 5.30am together with the PartyPeople show at 3am
13-07-2010 10:44
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(13-07-2010 10:44 )TheWatcher Wrote:  
(12-07-2010 17:00 )Doddle Wrote:  I'm probably wrong, but wasn't it the case not all that long ago, that all FV got was Partyland from 1-5.30am anyway?
~~~~
Just before Partyland started on Freeview in March last year, we had the excellent PartyGirls show which was on from 9pm to 5.30am together with the PartyPeople show at 3am
That's right, I couldn't think of the names. But it still wasn't a lot, was it? The Chat was on FV for a fair while as well.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
13-07-2010 16:19
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(13-07-2010 10:44 )TheWatcher Wrote:  Just before Partyland started on Freeview in March last year, we had the excellent PartyGirls show which was on from 9pm to 5.30am together with the PartyPeople show at 3am

Being pedantic again, didn't Party Girls start at 9:30pm?
13-07-2010 19:27
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(13-07-2010 19:27 )vila Wrote:  
(13-07-2010 10:44 )TheWatcher Wrote:  Just before Partyland started on Freeview in March last year, we had the excellent PartyGirls show which was on from 9pm to 5.30am together with the PartyPeople show at 3am

Being pedantic again, didn't Party Girls start at 9:30pm?

Initially it was called Party People from 9pm until 10pm when it changed over to Party Girls.
Months later it changed names at 9.30pm and I am fairly certain that in the last weeks or so of its existance, it actually started at 9pm as Party Girls.
13-07-2010 20:07
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

[split] Freeview channel changes
(03-07-2010 08:51 )Big Boobies Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 23:52 )vila Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 23:06 )TammysNo1Fan Wrote:  Cherri has just said on her FB that the 5.30am to 6am freeview show has been taken off because someone was very naughty on the show. Surprised
Seems the forum missed it to laugh

Why should that result in it being removed only from Freeview? Presumably it still goes out on Sky?

YES UNFAIR if thats the case;Freeview being discriminated again!

Because they have to stick to the rules of what was writtern in the agreement for the licence obviously as partyland was first channel to go onto freeview must have had a stricter rules

Whats UNFAIR its costing you bugger all to receive the channels people have short memorys up to 2 years ago you had bugger all to watch if you dont like it why dont you get a sat system less than a hundred quid will get u a hd box as well or spend £20 quid a month on a sky subscription get a sky plus box free calls and broadband as well bet u lot will proberly spend more than that on beer or cigs a week

Babechannels aint a human right its a privlidge so until european law makes it such u basically gotta make do

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
15-07-2010 04:47
Rogerbee Offline
Gone

RE: [split] Freeview channel changes
So true!

Just wish bloody Ofcom wouldn't keep pushing back the times we can watch. I'm praying any legislation that has BS starting at 12 will eventually get thrown out of the window. Let us make up our own minds as to what we do and don't watch and let Ofcom get back to issues like armed maniacs getting too much media coverage.

CHEERS!
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2010 10:28 by Rogerbee.)
15-07-2010 10:27
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(15-07-2010 04:47 )HannahsPet Wrote:  
(02-07-2010 23:06 )TammysNo1Fan Wrote:  Cherri has just said on her FB that the 5.30am to 6am freeview show has been taken off because someone was very naughty on the show. Surprised

Why should that result in it being removed only from Freeview? Presumably it still goes out on Sky?

Because they have to stick to the rules of what was writtern in the agreement for the licence obviously as partyland was first channel to go onto freeview must have had a stricter rules

Whats UNFAIR its costing you bugger all to receive the channels people have short memorys up to 2 years ago you had bugger all to watch if you dont like it why dont you get a sat system less than a hundred quid will get u a hd box as well or spend £20 quid a month on a sky subscription get a sky plus box free calls and broadband as well bet u lot will proberly spend more than that on beer or cigs a week

Babechannels aint a human right its a privlidge so until european law makes it such u basically gotta make do
Partyland was not the first channel to be broadcast on freeview it was Partypeople it was first broadcast around 2006 i believe ,and was a non adult chat show just the same as freeview BSdaytime and required the same licence has the 5.30-6am show , it was much less strict than the day time rule shows are today (jet black used to do the show commando) . Also it costs Sky viewers "bugger" all to watch the babe shows, they are free to view and no Sky subscription is required . Not seen any complaints to OFCOM about the show either , anyway it's a far tamer show than the freeview Earylbird show that is still transmitting on channel 98 5.30 - 9am . PS loads of freeviewers also have subscription as well , some have subscriptions to "topuptv" , the sport channel "ESPN" ,and "TVX" , some will also subscribe to Sky sport 1 and 2 when it launches on freeview shortly , so some freeview people could be paying more than the "privileged" Sky viewer's .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
15-07-2010 15:02
Rogerbee Offline
Gone

As far as I know, Sky Sports 1 and 2 will be available on Freeview if you have BT Vision, so, you'll be paying for that.

I'm happy with what I can see, it's just when that bothers me!

CHEERS!
15-07-2010 15:09
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

(15-07-2010 04:47 )HannahsPet Wrote:  

Partyland? We're talking about the DAYTIME show. PL (or rather Tameland) is still there, and in any case Party People was the first go onto Freeview. Besides, as has been said umpteen times before, there's only one Broadcasting Code and it applies equally to both Sky and Freeview. The only changes to the rules since any of the channels went onto Freeview are those currently being proposed and not yet in force. The reason we have Tameland instead of Partyland during Freeview hours is likely to be because Freeview Ch 97 is owned and licensed by Channel Five, not Cellcast, and they may well have imposed their own stricter rules in addition to Ofcom's.

(15-07-2010 04:47 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Whats UNFAIR its costing you bugger all to receive the channels people have short memorys up to 2 years ago you had bugger all to watch if you dont like it why dont you get a sat system less than a hundred quid will get u a hd box as well or spend £20 quid a month on a sky subscription get a sky plus box free calls and broadband as well bet u lot will proberly spend more than that on beer or cigs a week

Please, not this tired old chestnut again. Contrary to what many people seem to believe, Freeview users DO in fact have to pay for their equipment (at least I've never discovered any instance of it being given away). The babe channels are free-to-air, so nobody pays anything to access them. You don't need a Sky contract or even a Sky box to receive the satelleite transmissions, any digital satbox can receive them whether it be Sky, Freesat or an independent non-dedicated box. So the only cost difference is between the various systems, which for most people is a matter of personal choice. I say "most" because, as has been pointed out MANY times previously, thousands of viewers (actually, probably hundreds of thousands) have NO choice, Freeview being their only option.

Edited for typo.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2010 18:36 by vila.)
15-07-2010 15:32
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV