Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forum Awards 2023 - Nominations

forum awards Offline
Master Poster

RE: Forum Awards 2023 - Nominations
It's not just the long established member who can vote it's open to all of you who joined before the awards commenced.

It's always good to see new member or little posting members get involved.

Make your nominations here
05-12-2023 15:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

I've thought long and hard over this decision over the last week or so.

I have become disillusioned with the forum in recent times and my involvement has diminished. I'll continue to remain a member and remain respectful of other members opinions, caps and videos, but I do not feel that I am involved enough in the forum as a whole to merit submitting any nominations.

Therefore I am abstaining from offering any nominations. I would echo Smc's request to please save your nominations for others. To me it seems fair to not receive any if I'm not offering any myself.

Good luck to all nominees and thank you to Forum Awards for your efforts at this time of year.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
06-12-2023 08:25
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

^^ An honourable decision, but maybe misplaced. You underestimate yourself, running the
PL Prediction Comp alone is a major undertaking. I guarantee that as the nomination process has been open for a few days you'll have received shedloads on nominations up to this point. IMHO you have one of the best Avatars and that doesn't require any involvement.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2023 13:35 by Boomerangutangangbang.)
06-12-2023 10:35
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Much as I love you, Reg, the premise "don't nominate me because I won't be nominating anyone" is entirely specious. How other people nominate is their decision. Just because you're not nominating doesn't mean you're unworthy of being nominated.

I'm not nominating anyone either. Watch me care what happens Tongue

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
06-12-2023 15:20
forum awards Offline
Master Poster

Don't forget
You can nominate (and vote in the next round) for yourself or any of your caps & Vids or any thread that you contribute to.
You can make more than one nomination in every category. (But try and keep them at a max of 6 per category).
06-12-2023 19:18
Owned by Kelly Bell

I feel I need to share, I don't usually display any narcissistic tendencies, but for the first time ever I've nominated a thread (split) that I've contributed to. It's something of a 2-fingered salute. bladewave

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

06-12-2023 19:34
skully Offline

I mean, that is your choice and I get it Boomer, nobody says it has to be a thread in a specific section that gets your vote. As long as people aren't taking the piss, which you're not doing, as I know the situation, then there's no harm in it this one time, might be a first as well. I will say though, I do have you beat by one post if it's the thread I think you mean, and seeing as I locked it, well Wink

Also, I do hope that those of you who are feeling a bit fed up of certain things right now know you can come to us to talk about it, we really do try to resolve issues you're having, the mod hat goes on, the friendly banter hat gets put aside. We don't like to see people feeling down on themselves if there's something we can do to help. Yes we take the piss at times, yes I swear far too fucking much, but we will try to get to the bottom of things in a sensible manor.

So, Forum Awards, my nominations are in, didn't vote for myself for best avatar, even though it is and always will be, where's most handsome and well endowed, you ignoring the suggestion box again laugh

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
06-12-2023 22:58
Owned by Kelly Bell

(06-12-2023 22:58 )skully Wrote:  I mean, that is your choice and I get it Boomer, nobody says it has to be a thread in a specific section that gets your vote. As long as people aren't taking the piss, which you're not doing, as I know the situation, then there's no harm in it this one time, might be a first as well. I will say though, I do have you beat by one post if it's the thread I think you mean, and seeing as I locked it, well Wink
It felt worthy, to me at least, maybe a special award for the most pointless nomination would me apt.Wink Sure I was in appreciation of your contributions, especially the timely locking. Important

I do have history of out the box nominating, once picking a member who clearly had no idea how hilarious they were being.Big Laugh

To anyone else not in on the joke, I will of course be taking the voting seriously.Important

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

06-12-2023 23:33
forum awards Offline
Master Poster

A reminder that nominations close on Saturday at 11pm.
07-12-2023 09:11
Tommy826 Offline
Junior Poster

Sorry I won't be voting fof anyone. But there are so many that I just can't choose. I enjoy all your posts and thank as many as I can. But I got so confused pondering over which ones to vote for that I decided it might be best not to vote at all. But good luck to all of you.
07-12-2023 12:02