Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asking For Presents

lindor Offline
Beaver & Buttcheeks Fan

Asking For Presents
I've noticed recently on this forum is how many of us fans are starting to bite back in the war against some of these shameless babes who 'beg' for presents.

One of the babe channels even had the cheek the other day to offer their address and suggested to fans that they should send their Valentine's Day gifts (that's gifts not cards!) to the girls at said address.

I replied that this was a pretty low thing to do, especially in the light of ChrisLatimer's brilliant recent thread where members offered their views on the way many of these girls openly ask for presents, be they birthday, Christmas or Valentine's gifts, and how some fans are duped into buying and sending them expensive gifts in the false hope of getting closer to said girls.

It was nice to see that my viewpoint got some backing from other members on here, enough in fact to get the guy who posted the initial begging post to post back, claiming that it was a tongue-in-cheek message in the first place.

However, when another forum member posted back to reveal indiscrepancies on the part of that channel in their past dealings with him, the rep from that channel didn't post back with any sort of reply. A few days on and the silence from the guy from the channel in question is deafening!

I'm certainly not saying people shouldn't send these girls gifts etc - each to their own - but I would certainly prefer it if these girls themselves, or at least through their employers, would abstain from openly asking for gifts from sometimes vulnerable and deluded fans. It's not nice and it doesn't reflect well on the individual, who is often much better paid than the gift-buying fan anyway.

If I want to send a card or gift to someone on these channels then I'll get in touch with someone associated with that channel on this forum and will find out for myself as to where to post gifts - what I don't need is someone shamelessly asking me for a gift. And it seems that more and more blokes on this forum are thinking the same waySmile!

Foxy on Sportxxx - the REAL Cream of the Crop!
08-02-2011 17:57
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

RE: Things I've Discovered On This Forum Recently
Since lindor didn't bother to a link to the original thread, here it is.

(08-02-2011 17:57 )lindor Wrote:  enough in fact to get the guy who posted the initial begging post to post back, claiming that it was a tongue-in-cheek message in the first place.

"With Valentines coming up the girls have asked/forced me at gunpoint to put our PO Box address up so you guys can send them a prezzie if you like" That's from the original post, sounds tongue in cheek to me. I mentioned in the thread itself that many other channels have addresses for fan mail, ChatGirl are merely informing anyone who wants to send something.

(08-02-2011 17:57 )lindor Wrote:  However, when another forum member posted back to reveal indiscrepancies on the part of that channel in their past dealings with him, the rep from that channel didn't post back with any sort of reply. A few days on and the silence from the guy from the channel in question is deafening!

If you're referring to the msn scam, this channel aren't the first, and likely won't be the last to pull that one.

(08-02-2011 17:57 )lindor Wrote:  I'm certainly not saying people shouldn't send these girls gifts etc - each to their own - but I would certainly prefer it if these girls themselves, or at least through their employers, would abstain from openly asking for gifts from sometimes vulnerable and deluded fans. It's not nice and it doesn't reflect well on the individual, who is often much better paid than the gift-buying fan anyway.

I really don't think the "gift buying aspect" of these channels is so far removed from the basic premise of calling the shows. In that case you're spending your money to talk to the girl, which could be much more dangerous for "vulnerable and deluded fans" than sending a gift and getting a thank you note or shout out.

(08-02-2011 17:57 )lindor Wrote:  If I want to send a card or gift to someone on these channels then I'll get in touch with someone associated with that channel on this forum and will find out for myself as to where to post gifts

What about the viewers who want to send a gift, but don't have internet access or don't know about this forum?

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
08-02-2011 18:54
lindor Offline
Beaver & Buttcheeks Fan

Thanks for that IloveMegan!

Great points made there, and a well dissected posting that I made earlier. I'm not aware of the messaging scam itself and must say I'm surprised that it goes on across other channels, but fair enough, you seem better informed on the matter than I am so I'll take your point there.

It wasn't a case of 'not bothering' to put up a link to the original thread on my part, but a considered decision. The point I was trying to make was generic and not specific to the channel which I chose not to mention by name; I've nothing against said channel personally, save for the fact that I personally thought that they were being opportunistic, shall we say, in perhaps suggesting that viewers/fans might like to send gifts to the accompanying address.

Fair point also regards taking into consideration those who do not have access to the internet; it's sometimes easy to forget that not everyone does have access, so yeah, perhaps they were being helpful in that respect.

I know from previously coming across your postings that you are a more active member than myself insofar as you actually do call the channels. I do feel that there is a difference between calling the girls after they have asked viewers to call the shows and asking for gifts insofar as they are asking for callers so that their channel can make money, of which they may or may not (I wouldn't have a clue) be on a percentage of each call-cost, whilst when they themselves suggest what they'd like to receive for Christmas etc then they are asking for something for themselves; it's like a shop worker suggesting to a customer a certain product, on behalf of the company and that same person suggesting that a customer buys that certain item for them.

We probably won't agree on this topic, but fair play to you for bringing the other side of the argument very intelligently and also for taking the time out to read the post.

08-02-2011 19:20
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

Not trying to be awkward but is there really any need for this thread. Everything that you're going to discuss here will just be a rehash of all the other threads.

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
08-02-2011 19:32
lindor Offline
Beaver & Buttcheeks Fan

(08-02-2011 19:32 )Mr Head Wrote:  Not trying to be awkward but is there really any need for this thread. Everything that you're going to discuss here will just be a rehash of all the other threads.

It could, but I don't think it will, as it'll be an oversight of things and just my offering a general opinion. And it's not intended to be a negative thing, so when something brilliant catches my eye I may decide to give it a more general airing here where hopefully it might get introduced to a wider audience.

Either way, you can't blame me for trying something different from all the A-Zs and Channel/babe discussion/cap threads, can you?

08-02-2011 19:50
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

(08-02-2011 19:20 )lindor Wrote:  I'm not aware of the messaging scam itself and must say I'm surprised that it goes on across other channels, but fair enough, you seem better informed on the matter than I am so I'll take your point there.

I'm not hugely well informed myself, but I remember reading that a one of the channels (I cannot remember which one, and don't want to risk having a guess) charged x amount of money to chat to the girls on msn. Some people noticed that the "girl" they were supposedly chatting to online was also taking calls live on TV. I also recall that the defence used was that the girl was telling someone offscreen what to type Rolleyes

(08-02-2011 19:20 )lindor Wrote:  It wasn't a case of 'not bothering' to put up a link to the original thread on my part, but a considered decision. The point I was trying to make was generic and not specific to the channel which I chose not to mention by name

I knew I should have used this smily Tongue after typing that first line. I'm not quite as good at being tongue in cheek as some channel operators it seems Big Grin Fair play for wanting to keep it general.

(08-02-2011 19:20 )lindor Wrote:  it's like a shop worker suggesting to a customer a certain product, on behalf of the company and that same person suggesting that a customer buys that certain item for them.

That's a good way of looking at it, one I certainly hadn't thought of before. I think it's fine for channels to have a fan mail address and give viewers a gentle reminder of upcoming holidays, as people are free to send whatever they want (or not), but if they posted a wishlist for it then they would be taking advantage.

(08-02-2011 19:20 )lindor Wrote:  We probably won't agree on this topic, but fair play to you for bringing the other side of the argument very intelligently and also for taking the time out to read the post.

I think you're right about us not agreeing, but you've argued your points pretty well too. Smile

I'm also not sure if this should be a thread on its own, but that's for the mods to work out Wink

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
08-02-2011 20:26
lindor Offline
Beaver & Buttcheeks Fan

Yeah, I think on reflection you - and MR Head - might be right on that one. Thanks for the input anyway!

08-02-2011 21:11